Discussion Etrian Odyssey - Written Interactive LP ~ Interest Check

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by sal880612m, Jan 19, 2016.

1. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like cleric class, I choice Darkhunter.

2. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    No Problem. Character name? Going from your first post I'm assuming the initial point investment is 2 in whips and 1 in viper. You will also have 250 en to start. I know it's not much but it's what every character has had to start and it's an easy enough amount to earn. I'm considering it a hiring fee from the guild to the character.

3. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Vine. Item: Leaf boot and light whip 215en.

4. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay. I'm going to cook, eat then play but I forgot to ask earlier do you want a specific Dark Hunter image. They can be seen in the OP if you don't know offhand or remember.

5. KuroShiroe

KuroShiroe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Count with my axe. I am not very good with Role playing, but will do my best.
    And dont worry about RL problems everybody understands that things take their time.

6. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    Our sojourns into the labyrinth this time was quite successful once I remembered that old man's tale of a spring that restores energy. It allowed us to heal in the labyrinth without much need to rest at the inn. Though its healing is only available at night for the immediate future I expect it will be of great assistance.

We thoroughly explored the second floor of the labyrinth coming across and defeating several of powerful beasts known as FOEs as we did. Their drops range from ones we found from normal enemies to ones worth more than ten times the highest price for loot we have come across yet, well aside from the White Stone.

Aside from that we also found a treasure chest containing a Buff Coat, a piece of defensive gear that boost defense by 2 and agility by 3. Shilleka has offered to purchase it from us for 84en, but as she doesn't stock it herself, I'm reluctant to sell it just yet. We also managed to complete a favour for her which allowed her to stock Hand Axes, and received one free for our efforts. It has a whopping attack of 18 points, and we can easily sell it for 120en.

Tiny Petal 20 @ 8 = 160
    Soft Hide 35 @ 9 = 315
    Bug Wing 25 @ 10 = 250
    Small Fang 28 @ 10 = 280
    Beast Bone 12 @ 11 = 132
    Hard Shell 6 @ 12 = 72
    Hardwood 2 @ 13 = 26
    Hare Tail 7 @ 15 = 105
    Horn 3 @ 18 = 54
    Mugwort 1 @ 20 = 20
    Red Fruit 0 @ 25 = 0
    Metal Horn 1 @ 36 = 36
    White Stone 0 @ 100 = 0
    Large Fang 2 @ 250 = 500
    --------------
    Total 1950
    Shares = 1950 / 5 = 390

Guild Expenses
    Inn -90
    Hire Vine -250

Sal
    Enamel Bow -170
    Wood Bow +56
    Doublet -250
    Tweed +10
    Hide Ring -310

NGCleric
    Shortsword -350
    Scramasax +60
    Jerkin -120
    Tweed +10
    Hide Aspis -190
    Knit Glove +28

Wynn
    Staff -120
    Wand +10
    Red Charm -240

Sal: 925 = [1199 + 390 - 664]
    NGCleric : 1057 = [1229 + 390 - 562]
    KuroShiroe/Heiron : 1045 = [655 + 390]
    Wynn: 440 = [400 + 390 - 350]
    (Vine: 250)
    Guild: 527 = [477 - 250 - 90 + 390]

• Shortsword Atk+15 350en LPDTR
    • Dagger Atk+9 250en LPDTR
    • Scramasax Atk+8 150en LPDTR
    • Knife Atk+6 100en LSPDMATRH
    • Bone Mace Atk+15 HP+7 480en MATH
    • Bone Staff Atk+5 200en MATH
    • Staff Atk+3 Tec+1 120en MATH
    • Wand Atk+3 90en MATH
    • Hand Axe Atk+18 300en L
    • Bone Axe Atk+11 180en L
    • Hatchet Atk+9 140en L
    • Wakizashi Atk+20 400en R
    • Enamel Bow Atk+9 170en ST
    • Wood Bow Atk+7 140en ST
    • Fang Whip Atk+10 230en D
    • Light Whip Atk+7 135en D
    • Doublet Def+3 Vit+1 250en SDMATRH
    • Plate Def+5 Vit+2 Agi-1 230en LP
    • Jerkin Def+3 120en LSPDTR
    • Tweed Def+1 100en LSPDMATRH
    • Hide Aspis Def+2 190en LSPDT
    • Targe Def+1 110en LSPDMATRH
    • Hairpin Def+1 70en LSPDMATRH
    • Knit Glove Def+1 70en LSPDMATRH
    • Leaf Boot Def+1 80en Agi+1 LSPDMATRH
    • Ocarina TP+10 400en T
    • Hide Ring Def+1 Slash Resist+ 310en LSPDMATRH
    • Hide Belt Def+1 HP+5 280en LSPDMATRH
    • Red Charm Def+1 TP+5 240en LSPDMATRH
    • Petal Ring Def+1 Tec+1 200en LSPDMATRH

New Items in Red

L=Landsknecht
    S=Survivalist
    P=Protector
    D=Dark Hunter
    M=Medic
    A=Alchemist
    T=Troubador
    R=Ronin (not currently available)
    H=Hexer (not currently available)

Gear: Enamel Bow, Doublet, Hide Ring, Leaf Boot
    Skills: Agi Up 3, Bows 5, Ambush 2, Alert 1, Trueshot 1, Multi-Hit 1, Chop 1, Mine 1, Take 1
    Gear: Shortsword, Jerkin, Hide Aspis, Leaf Boot
    Skills: Def Up 6, Shields 2, Provoke 1, Defender 1, B. Guard 3, F. Guard 3
    Gear: Bone Axe, Jerkin, Hide Ring, Leaf Boot
    Skills: Atk Up 3, Axes 5, Swords 2, War Cry 1, Crush 1, Stunner 1, Mine 3,
    Gear: Staff, Tweed, Petal Ring, Red Charm
    Skills: Healer 3, Patch Up 4, Cure 3, Salve 3, Immunize 1

@NGCleric Still working towards En Garde. I bought your requested items at the start before the other stuff got unlocked. Let me know if you want to hold off or upgrade right away.

@KuroShiroe I have been putting skill points into Axes and Swords trying to get them to level 5 but haven't gotten there yet, so unless you change your mind I'll keep on with that. Also there is a hand axe that can be bought out at 60en. Since only Landsknechts can use it, I see little point in letting others bid for it, so if you want it, it's yours.

@SpearOfLies I do want to add you and will, I just wanted to give you a chance to decide your characters portrait. I know it really doesn't matter but I'll give it until tomorrow. Also there are new items so you have a chance to look them over.

I tried a bit of a write up this time. It's seems bland to me, but it gives a bit more detail about what went on. Let me know if you want me to continue or not. Also, the idea was originally meant to have perma-death and I don't recall anyone dying so far, but I would like to hear whether this is something you want to happen or don't want to happen.

Another thing, I've just been playing for a couple hours each time a little after I have dinner, but my schedule is pretty flexible for the immediate future. I've currently been playing sometime between 5pm and 9pm PST but I could really do it most anytime between 10am and 10pm so if another time would be better for you guys let me know.

I ended up switching from one tab to another as I was writing this up so I am not positive there are no mistakes or errors in this post, but I think it's good for the moment.

That's all for tonight. Thanks for following along.

7. NGCleric

NGCleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh, MATH can use the bone mace. I'm eyeing that plate armor, cause I like defenses. I'm not a fan of perma-death, especially in a game that can kill nearly any of your characters just because it can. I've had too many times where the enemies just decide to hit one person (who wasn't the protector), and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

8. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    2rd portrait. There are new item but 250en can only buy Doublet and it isn't more usefull than a weapon.
    Perma-death is useless. I just can ask you remake my character, if you don't wanna it will be really hard continue without some class and if you remake it will be only time-consume/more labor for you. If more people join just add a rule if someone die she/he need to rest some hours/days.

9. KuroShiroe

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont dislike the idea of having perma death if you have the time. As for the writing I like a lot.

"If nobody will use it I will like to purchase the hand axe I feel that I could do better with it. I know that is silly of me to learn sword skill if I don't use a sword, but my master said that if you can master both to a certain level you can perform strikes that are faster than normal. As for the Buff Coat I will not take it since I want to buy a plate, but I think it will be better that someone from the group to use it. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go to Shilleka's shop."

10. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I have decided to let you everyone choose from the following types of death.
    1) Your character gets benched for an in-game week. Death penalty is loss of income.
    2) Below level thirty your character gets benched for an in-game week. Above level thirty your character gets benched for a week and Rests. I think everyone knows but in case someone doesn't Resting drops your character ten levels but frees up all the skills points up to that reduced level so you can spend them in a different manner. So the death penalty would be 10 levels and loss of income.
    3) Your character gets deleted. You may start a new character, but only if it is not identical to your previous one. I am willing to spend the time to level up a character that is different from what you had but not so much to make an exact carbon copy. If the character has the same class but would have a different weapon or skill focus that is fine, but no exact copies. Death penalty is loss of character and all wealth tied to that character.

Also, you don't all need to have the same type of death penalty. If one wants permadeath and another wants to insist: "It's just a flesh wound." that's fine.

11. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    I let you choice for me. Money penalty isn't a problem e remake character isn t boring for me. I just think if it isn't a bother for you.

12. KuroShiroe

Reading List:
    Link
    I will go with option 2 until we get at least 2 more members apart from the current party.

13. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    The past week or so has been fairly productive. It seems that after completing the last favor for her, Shilleka was impressed with the results as she requested we perform another. I was quite excited about it at the time as she wanted materials to create a more powerful bow and I had recently found myself dealing less and less damage than Heiron and NG Cleric. Aside from that there was another request we felt we could tackle at the same time, that being to document 10 different monsters in the labyrinth.I figured that between the two floors we would easily have already encountered ten different types of monsters, but to my dismay we fell just short with nine.

Worried that the four of us alone wouldn't be enough, I stopped by the Explorer's Guild to see if there was anyone we could hire to join us. There I met Vine who agreed to accompany us for a low fee of 250. As I introduced our guild members I noticed that Heiron claimed the Hand Axe and Wynn the Buffcoat, this seemed good to me as either a stronger Landsknecht nor a faster Medic is a bad thing. Vine's class was a Dark Hunter but as Vine was lacking in experience we spent a little time to adjust the party to our new addition. Plucking up our courage we descended down to the third floor, where our senses were immediately flooded by a strong killing intent. Though it's shameful to admit, I guided the party to avoid fighting this seemingly powerful FOE.

After exploring for a while we encountered our tenth kind of monster, known as a Roller. This was fortuitous as it dropped the item Shilleka requested that we hand't come across yet, the Gum Hide. We didn't actually get that far into the third level before we were stopped by two strange girls. They appear to belong to Radha Hall and were dispatched to stop people from advancing due to an increase in a certain type of monster. I think their names where Ren and Tlatchkga ... Thatchla ... I have no clue how to say or spell that one. They both seemed strong though so we just backed away and hunted Rollers until we had the Gum Hides we needed. After that I used an item I came across on the second floor to immediately leave the forest. The warp wire instantly took us back to the city ... so convenient ... I do believe Shilleka sells them ... I think we should buy a couple.

As we handed in our our goods, Shilleka got quite excited and immediately dove into crafting new things. One thing after another. First she crafted the Short Bow she requested the items for, then she proceeded to use the excess materials to create a Buffcoat, a Hide Vest, an Aspis, a Hide Hat, as well as Hide Gloves and Boots. I think I almost caught NG Cleric drooling at some of the new gear but he didn't buy anything. Not that I can talk though. After all of that, Shilleka just kept on crafting, eventually creating the finest bow I have ever seen, a Beast Bow. Originally I was going to claim the Short Bow that was a reward for this quest but the Beast Bow vastly outperformed it. At 700en it was the most expensive item Shilleka now stocked, but I couldn't pass it up. I also decided to grab a pair of Hide Boots, as they seemed like a good deal to me.

After outfitting myself, I stopped by Radha Hall to turn in the monster quest and inquire about whatever monster was causing problems. I was informed that the monster was a special type of silver wolf called a Fenrir that had taken up residence on the fifth floor. It seems that Ren and the other girl are capable of defeating such a creature but Radha Hall has decided not to dispatch them to allow other explorers a chance to grow. I wasn't entirely sure we were up to it, but I asked if we could attempt it, and was given permission. Ah, I forgot to mention that for the time being I decided to loan the Red Charm* reward from the monster quest to Vine for the duration of our upcoming foray into the depths of the forest. It didn't make sense to simply leave it in our inventory, taking up space, until we had a chance to sit down and decide what to do with it.

Once we finally returned to where we met the two girls, we chatted with them for a bit before we were allowed to pass. Once through our party traversed through a number of dead ends and discovered a few bits of treasure. One chest held a pair of Hide Boots*, another a Medica III, and the last 400en. Twists and turns led us all over the place and eventually I stumbled upon Ren. She mentioned that the trees weren't always as thick as they seemed that sometimes one could find a hidden path through them. Though it was kind of her to mention it, our group had stumbled across one on the first floor and had naturally already been keeping our eyes out for more.

It was at this point that our inventory became full and we needed to trek out of the Labyrinth. I cringed each time we encountered enemies as I ended up throwing away several Tiny Petals and a few Soft Hides to make room in our packs for more valuable drops. We still had a Warp Wire so we could have used that, but it didn't seem as though it wouldn't be profitable and we were in good enough shape to make it out without it. I think with this we will rest for a time, perhaps prepare a bit more for our subjugation of Fenrir.

*These items are up for claim at half the sell price or 1/5 the buy price. So 28en for the Hide Boot (Buy Price:140en) or 48 (Buy Price: 240en) for the Red Charm. Should you want the item but think you aren't the only one who does, state your interest in the thread and PM/Convo me a bid between 1/5 the buy price and the buy price, whoever bids higher gets the item, or in the case of only one bid, that person gets the item at 1/5 the buy price. If possible try to make your bids evenly divisible by # of other party member + 1, or 5 in this case. Or you can choose not to compete, it's up to you.

Tiny Petal 13 @ 8 = 104
    Soft Hide 39 @ 9 = 351
    Bug Wing 36 @ 10 = 360
    Small Fang 33 @ 10 = 330
    Beast Bone 13 @ 11 = 143
    Hard Shell 4 @ 12 = 48
    Hardwood 12 @ 13 = 156
    Hare Tail 18 @ 15 = 270
    Vine 3 @ 16 = 48
    Gum Hide 16 @ 18 = 288
    Horn 5 @ 18 = 90
    Mugwort 3 @ 20 = 60
    Metal Horn 1 @ 36 = 36
    Short Bow 1 @ 290 = 116
    Treasure 1 @ 400 = 400
    --------------
    Total 2800
    Shares = 2800 / 6 = 466r4

Guild Expenses
    Warp Wire 2 @ 100 = -200
    Buy Outs + 15 + 12

Sal
    Beast Bow -700
    Enamel Bow +68
    Hide Boot -140
    Leaf Boot +32
    Buy Outs + 15 + 10

NGCleric
    Buy Outs + 15 + 10

Heiron/KuroShiroe
    Hand Axe -60
    Bone Axe +72
    Buy Out +10

Wynn
    Tweed +10
    Buffcoat -42
    Buy Out +15

Vine
    Light Whip -135
    Leaf Boot -80
    Tweed +10

Sal: 676 = [925 + 466 - 715]
    NGCleric : 1548 = [1057 + 466 +25]
    KuroShiroe/Heiron : 1533 = [1045 + 466 + 22]
    Wynn: 889 = [440 + 466 - 17]
    Vine: 511 = [250 + 466 - 205]
    Guild: 824 = [527 + 470 - 173]

• Wand Atk+3 90en MATH
    • Hatchet Atk+9 140en L
    • Beast Bow Atk+24 Str+2 Tec+1 700en ST
    • Short Bow Atk+15 290en ST
    • Buffcoat Def+2 Agi+3 210en LSPDMATRH
    • Hide Vest Def+2 180en SDMATRH
    • Aspis Def+2 Vit+1 260en P
    • Hide Hat Def+1 TP+5 160en LSPDTR
    • Hide Glove Def+1 Str+1 150en LSPDTR
    • Hide Boot Def+1 Agi+2 140en LSPDTR
    • Leaf Boot Def+1 Agi+1 80en LSPDMATRH
    • Ocarina TP+10 400en T

New Items in Red

L=Landsknecht
    S=Survivalist
    P=Protector
    D=Dark Hunter
    M=Medic
    A=Alchemist
    T=Troubador

Gear: Beast Bow, Doublet, Hide Ring, Hide Boot
    Skills: Agi Up 3, Bows 6, Ambush 3, Alert 1, Trueshot 1, Multi-Hit 1, Chop 1, Mine 1, Take 1
    Gear: Shortsword, Jerkin, Hide Aspis, Leaf Boot
    Skills: Def Up 7, Shields 3, Provoke 1, Defender 1, B. Guard 3, F. Guard 3
    Gear: Hand Axe, Jerkin, Hide Ring, Leaf Boot
    Skills: Atk Up 3, Axes 5, Swords 4, War Cry 1, Crush 1, Stunner 1, Mine 3,
    Gear: Staff, Buffcoat, Petal Ring, Red Charm
    Skills: Healer 5, Patch Up 5, Cure 3, Salve 3, Immunize 1
    Gear: Light Whip, Tweed, Leaf Boot
    Skills: Whips 2, Viper 1, SP 10

@NGCleric I know you said you were eyeing the plate, but for me eyeing something means interest in getting it but undecided on actually getting it. I know, it's needlessly technical for this, but until the precedent of you eyeing something meaning you want me to purchase it for your character is set, I decided against doing so. I am still working towards En Guard and will be for a bit.

@KuroShiroe I don't know if you want to invest in any new equipment or just wait for a bit. On the skills front I almost have both Axes and Swords to level 5, so if you want to drop further instructions I'm almost ready to start working on them. I'm assuming you want 2-Hit but after that ...

@SpearOfLies I know you said you wanted to get binding skills, but I wasn't sure whether you wanted to invest in a certain bind or all of them, so you have a pool of Skill Points to spend. You also have a bit more money so you can invest in some more gear if you want,

I do want to work towards taking on Fenrir, but I don't think our characters are where we need them to be to do so. As to the permadeath I have KuroShiroe, and SpearOfLies as option 2, and have yet to hear from NG Cleric (Well, aside from being against the idea of permadeath.) Also in the future I will be including gear in the write that is available to be claimed. I will highlight it blue so you don't have to read the write up if you don't want to and will either mention and highlight the buy price or put it in a footnote of sorts.

Edit: Actually for these items the claim price is of more use than the buy price, so in the future I may just go with that or mention both.

Th-th-that's all folks. Hope you had a good evening, and I will be back tomorrow night, hopefully a bit earlier.

14. NGCleric

NGCleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was waiting to decide if i should grab the plate or not. I'm going to go ahead and buy it since nothing else came up. I am also still against perma-death as the dungeon can be very cruel.

15. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    Whips 4 viper 3 gag 3 shackles 3. Next level pick cuffs 1. I don t know what ecstasy exactly do, someone know?
    Item: Buffcoat and hideboat.

Some week ago i play etrian odessy demo for 3ds, i don't remember etrian for ds, but they add a story(characters) and change a little the class(they add gunner). 1st floor and start of 3rd(demo finish here) are same from what are remember, but i totally forgot 2nd floor. In the demo, there are something like rock boat(FOE). If you bind they head they can't do they most powefull skill(take 1 turn to charge and easy and mostlikelly kill 1 backline character after heavy damage 1 frontline). I hope if the wolf have biteskill binding the head block it.

16. KuroShiroe

Reading List:
    Link
    "I will go to buy a plate and some hide boots since I have quite a few funds I won't buy the ones we found. As for my training I will focus on double strike(lvl 3) and swords (lvl 7). As for weapons I will wait, I need a good sword before the fight against Fenrir.... If there isnt a new one before our fight I will buy the best one that is in the market"

17. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    Our exploration of the labyrinth has proceeded smoothly. We ran into Tlatchga near the end of the fourth floor and she offered to heal us. I made no qualms in regards to accepting her help. We came across a few consumable items, but perhaps the best things we brought out this time were a piece of Plate and a Boar Spear. Discovering the Plate was somewhat ill fated as our members who could wear it had already purchased one for themselves. The Boar Spear, isn't actually a spear but a sword, it gets its name because of its shape. Shlleka said that she would buy it off of us for 288en (Sell), and would sell it for 720en (Buy) if she stocked it herself. I think it would be better to sell it within our party but as Heiron, NGCleric, and Vine can all use it, we'll need to figure out who it goes to. Given that it would be helpful to have better equipped members I think everyone can agree to go as low as 144en (Claim) if one of us wants it. I can't imagine someone wouldn't as it has 29 Attack while simultaneously raising Strength by 3.

Not much else of note occurred. We ran into a Ragelope as we passed through the second floor. Heiron and NG Cleric dashed forward and off to the side, catching the Ragelope in a bit of a Pincer. Vine took the middle as a whip user, didn't need to get as close. I stood back and fired off arrows, while Wynn darted around the field and whacked it with her staff a few times. It didn't just stand idly by, but tried to gore Herion with it's rack. Nimbly dodging backwards, the attack missed and our formation was maintained by everyone shifting a little. We just kept swinging, then came a stomping attack that NG Cleric avoid by letting the momentum of the attack push him back when he blocked it with his shield. Frustrated the Ragelope screamed but we were in a groove and just kept on slashing, firing, whipping, and bashing until the beast fell. As simple as it all may seem this is a FOE class monster, that we defeated without using skills or getting hit. I suppose it is a weak FOE class monster, but I really felt our growth both as individuals and as a party due to this fight.

After a few trips back and forth, we finally mapped out just about every area we can reach down to the fifth floor. The only area we've yet to explore is the Fenrir's Lair. It was at this point that we returned to the city to empty our bags and decided our course of action. I'm not positive we are ready to take on the wolf's den. Perhaps we could manage, but I would like to pick up some healing items and let everyone have the opportunity to vote on it, and upgrade their gear should they so desire.

Soft Hide 10 @ 9 = 90
    Bug Wing 4 @ 10 = 40
    Small Fang 13 @ 10 = 130
    Beast Bone 9 @ 11 = 99
    Hard Shell 9 @ 12 = 108
    Hardwood 12 @ 13 = 156
    Hare Tail 8 @ 15 = 120
    Vine 14 @ 16 = 224
    Thorn 4 @ 18 = 72
    Gum Hide 18 @ 18 = 324
    Horn 4 @ 18 = 72
    Mugwort 1 @ 20 = 20
    Red Fruit 1 @ 25 = 25
    Crabapple 1 @ 35 = 35
    Metal Horn 18 @ 36 = 648
    Pyroxine 6 @ 50 = 300
    Stiff Hide 1 @ 85 = 85
    White Stone 5 @ 100 = 500
    Large Fang 1 @ 250 = 250
    Plate 1 @ 92 = 92
    Red Charm 1 @ 96 = 96
    Quest 1 @ 300 = 300
    Treasure 1 @ 500 = 500
    --------------------------
    Total = 4286
    Shares = 4286 / 6 = 714

Guild Expenses
    Warp Wire 3 @ 100 = -300
    Buy Outs +12

Sal
    Buy Outs + 11

NGCleric
    Plate -230
    Jerkin +48
    Buy Outs +11

Heiron/KuroShiroe
    Plate -230
    Jerkin +48
    Hide Boot -140
    Leaf Boot +32
    Buy Out +11

Wynn
    Buy Out +11

Vine
    Buffcoat -210
    Hide Boot -56
    Leaf Boot +32
    Tweed +10

Sal: 1401 = [676 + 714 + 11]
    NGCleric : 2091 = [1548 + 714 - 171]
    KuroShiroe/Heiron : 1968 = [1533 + 714 - 279]
    Wynn: 1614 = [889 + 714 +11]
    Vine: 1001 = [511 + 714 - 224]
    Guild: 1252 = [824 + 716 - 288]

• Wand Atk+3 90en MATH
    • Hatchet Atk+9 140en L
    • Beast Bow Atk+24 Str+2 Tec+1 700en ST
    • Short Bow Atk+15 290en ST
    • Bull Whip Atk+16 320en D
    • Buffcoat Def+2 Agi+3 210en LSPDMATRH
    • Hide Vest Def+2 180en SDMATRH
    • Leaf Coat Def+1 Agi+1 110en MAH
    • Aspis Def+2 Vit+1 260en P
    • Hide Hat Def+1 TP+5 160en LSPDTR
    • Hide Glove Def+1 Str+1 150en LSPDTR
    • Hide Boot Def+1 Agi+2 140en LSPDTR
    • Leaf Boot Def+1 Agi+1 80en LSPDMATRH
    • Gem Ring Def+1 Volt Resist+ 460en LSPDMATRH
    • Ocarina TP+10 400en T

New Items in Red

L=Landsknecht
    S=Survivalist
    P=Protector
    D=Dark Hunter
    M=Medic
    A=Alchemist
    T=Troubador

Gear: Beast Bow, Doublet, Hide Ring, Hide Boot
    Skills: Agi Up 3, Bows 8, Ambush 3, Alert 1, Trueshot 1, Multi-Hit 1, Chop 1, Mine 1, Take 1
    Gear: Shortsword, Plate, Hide Aspis, Leaf Boot
    Skills: Def Up 7, Shields 5, Provoke 1, Defender 1, B. Guard 3, F. Guard 3
    Gear: Hand Axe, Plate, Hide Ring, Hide Boot
    Skills: Atk Up 3, Axes 5, Swords 5, 2-Hit 1, War Cry 1, Crush 1, Stunner 1, Mine 3,
    Gear: Staff, Buffcoat, Petal Ring, Red Charm
    Skills: Healer 5, Patch Up 5, Cure 3, Cure II 2, Salve 3, Immunize 1
    Gear: Light Whip, Buffcoat, Hide Boot
    Skills: Whips 4, Viper 3, Gag 3, Shackles 3, Cuffs 1, SP 3

@NGCleric Still working on getting En Garde. It's slow going but it can't really be helped. Let me know if you've changed your mind on what you want me to go after.

@KuroShiroe I got the first level in 2-Hit. I know you want to get to 7 in swords and 3 in 2-Hit but which would you like me to focus on first?

@SpearOfLies I haven't really played around a bunch with the classes so I am not perfectly clear on what Ecstasy does. The skill description says that it deals incredible damage to completely bound enemies. So you would need to first have the enemies head, arms and legs bound before you could use it. At this point I haven't seen any of the bindings kick in often. Admittedly this could be because we are killing the enemies in a fairly quick manner and the skill levels are low. Ecstasy also needs Atk Up and Whips to both be level 5. It's up to you what to pursue just let me know and I'll spend the SP. Don't worry too much about messing up the character build, there is an option later on that will let the skill points be redistributed for the cost of 10 levels (though you lose the SP from those levels, you can get them again as you level back up.) My character is a little all over the place right now so I will probably avail myself of the option at some point. Also I am playing the original Etrian Odyssey, not the Untold remake.

So do we take on Fenrir, or spend some more time leveling and gearing up? Next update will come some time after I hear from all of you on whether we should attempt to take on Fenrir or just grind for a bit.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  18. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    Skill: whip 5, gag 5
    Item: bull whip, hide grove.

"I ask Sal if he can take Disable (at least 1). I wanna try learn ecstasy but I can t feel I can completely bound a enemy without binding effect finish and i think if we can completely bound enemy at 2nd turn we can do heavy damage faster.

I buy some equip because if we go to Fenrir I can be more usefull. I don t know if we can beat Fenrir. I'm less leveled so I have the highest probability to die but I'm not scaried. I enjoy binding, whipping and dominate strong opponent ( Vine is 'dark' hunter, she have whip and binding skill. Why not be a S? A S love dominate the strongs)"

I don t need sword for now but we need know stats new equip have so if someone need it and owner can have a better weapon/armor we can just trade between us and spend less money.

19. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmmm, That might be an idea. One of the things I want to pursue is speed, so having a way to reduce the enemies and keep them from running should they desire could be quite helpful."

I have updated the report post so as to indicate the stats altered by the Boar Spear. I meant to put that in there as I was writing it up but it was another late one and I forgot to do so.

20. KuroShiroe

Reading List:
    Link
    "I want that sword, I will put the money needed for that. As for my training I will change to be able to attack many with one attack(tornado lvl 1) since we know that wolfs tend to go in packs and then continue my regular training (first double strike 3 and then sword skill 7. For my are two conditions to go and attack fenrir, the first is that we get to lvl 20 with everyone or some lvl that everyone is satisfied with and also to use my remaining money for items for recovery in case that is necessary.... if people dont agree with my conditions then it doesnt matter I will go either way. For now I will go and eat something. If you need me I will be back to the guild in sometime so you can wait for me here...... and if I dont get the sword I will buy the better one in the store."