LCD Everyone Else is a Returnee

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by NovelsJapan, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    You only said that stats don't increase by much so what makes a difference other than levels? Fine yes I did only really talked about levels, but you seem to have ignored everything else I said when it came to records
    True you don't hear lvl 99 2nd class beating 101 3rd class usually but I'm pretty sure a dragon as 99 can kill a wolf as 101, why? cause dragons are higher species and can hold better records earlier on
    Anyway, the situation you talking about should be related to records. Records are well "records" they are a reflection of your skills and class advancement quests are pretty much a test of your skills (based on MCs exp) if you can't complete the quest then your records are prob not up to par with the class you tried to advance to therefore you can't, but those who can have proven themselves "worthy" of being that class

There I didn't mention levels this time though I'm not sure if you understood this explaination

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure a dragon could probably do so with a weaker class monster but that's pretty much because they're an OP species. Same reason I'm ignoring the MC. I was more thinking about the same types of monsters.

Exactly as you said. Your records are reflections of your stats, skills, titles and other such things. Thus if there's some huge increase after reaching the next class then it should be quantified by the records. What I'm asking would be more how the records manifest to make a 4th class so much more dangerous than a 3rd class.

3. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link

Class advancement quest
    If you can finish that then normaly you shouldn't have trouble with someone of a lower class, since those quests should be alot harder
    Also you get at least 1 skill when you finished your advancement, you should be getting a better skill the higher your class is, so the actual manifestation of record into power probably lies there

4. starburst98

starburst98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    class advancement quest doesn't count with monsters. a 3rd class wolf is a 2nd class wolf that hit level 100.

anyway, the CORRECT answer is there ISN'T a fundimental difference. it's just a general power gauge. if you are mid level 3rd class (150) and you hear a monster is 4th class, you know it is a monster over level 200. a monster that is 50 levels higher then you will murder the hell out of you.

5. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    My memory is a bit fuzzy but towards the beginning of the series wasn't there a monster that just achieved its 2nd class tearing through the city without being stoppable? And again one time Erta was telling the MC to hurry up and kill a monster because it looked like it might advance to 3rd class during the battle. If there was no fundamental power difference then the monster evolving in the battle wouldn't mean certain death and would just mean more XP.

6. Chamber

Chamber Mecha Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Difference between classes: the 'league' of their souls (Original word: 격, literally meansin 'class' but used 'league' since class is already used). While it is possible to have a 'league' above your class, it's not possible to have one lower, advancing in class will automatically raise it. MC has a higher 'league' due to having 'achievements' (records) that are out of his class.

So yeah. difference in class is quite literal. Their 'class' is different. So there is a fundamental difference OTHER than just stats. Also, a higher level should have much higher quality and quantity or 'records' as well.

I don't know exactly how monster class advancements work, but with the exception of some 'blessed species' (e.g. dragons), all monsters need to fulfill some kind of conditions to class up. (Dragons have no class up requirements until 5th class. As Erta said before 'They were promised of 4th class upon their birth')

Thinks Xianxia/Xuanhuan. Everytime the MC advanced into a new realm, is it only the amount of qi that changes? No, the quality of it changes as well. (You also get that stuff where it goes 'a beast of 'A+1' realm is on a completely different level of power to the beasts of 'A' realm')

If you don't read Chinese novels, then think of games. Everytime you class up, you get fundamentally stronger. Not only because of better weapons and stats, but because of new skills and a general boost in stats in general. Some games may give you higher amount of stats points per level up after the class up as well. (Now that I wrote this stuff, I personally think game comparison is a bad one)

Oh, and btw, EER in Raw will end on Friday, with 350 chaps.

Vincent1873 likes this.
  7. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    ttell us if the author was able to keep his word about this not turning into a harem or not

8. Chamber

Chamber Mecha Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    unsure as of yet

9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    So to dumb it down you're basically saying that stats are more efficient for those of a higher class? 1 point of strength for a 4th class being might be equal to 10 points of strength for a 3rd class being. It would explain the immediate power up as well as explain why every level is a huge power increase for 4th class beings.

10. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like the main factor in the difference of strength between monsters is class and skill level. If a high-level 3rd class monster fought a low level 4th class, the added bonus of the fourth class job and due to likely age differences, the skill levels make the difference between the two classes insurmountable.

11. enigmaniac

enigmaniac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Wao" ilhan muttered

12. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Wao" is a thing now?~

13. enigmaniac

enigmaniac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    of course its a thing its Toika's curse on the world!

14. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wish me luck, I'm about to undergo the mandatory NU initiation that is reading Invisible Dragon. At first I was avoiding it, but now I realize that if I do not read it I will probably never comprehend the true glory of YuMir's evolved concealment skill when it does evolve.

*Edit*

Also, if you think that Yu Ilhan has no idea what YuMir will become, here's a friendly reminder that he has canonically read Invisible Dragon.
    Quote from Chapter 2 : "After learning every language on Asia, he read all the books, records and even internet logs of all those countries."

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Lokumi likes this.
  15. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll make one for each element, and then somehow merge them together.

Also wondering if he'll bother making equipment for his son. I'm not sure what he could make that would be useful in both forms though. Maybe an accessory that changes size when he does? Those can have a lot of really nice effects.

Also also wondering how old Mir will appear to be when he hits 3rd class.

16. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    All this long chuunin weapons is making me cringe..

"Iron-armored fire dragon’s Biting Dark python Fullplate armor"
    Kek

Lokumi likes this.
  17. Allyzter

Allyzter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SO was it harem ending? And whose in?!

18. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh shit..
    Another foreshadowing..
    Damn ilhan..

Lokumi likes this.
  19. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess we will get to see the water armour in action.

20. Shiho

Shiho ☘️ Kusa Gang ☘️

Reading List:
    Link
    When I read the PR's news in chapter 124—
    —I wonder why I remembered his words?
    [​IMG]