Discussion fairy tail ending

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by wonderer, Jul 22, 2017.

Tags:
?

Like fairy tail's ending

1. yes

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. no

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. meh

29 vote(s)
    65.9%
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Had, had is the keyword, he doesn't have one anymore, it was more of a childish love than anything.

Natsu and Lucy is the obvious pairing, there is just no way they'll stay as friends forever.
    The ending wasn't rushed IMO, rather, the ending was delayed way too much, this arc was terrible, I'm pretty sure sales dropped drastically during this arc.

Mashima didn't draw a single fight (don't go trying to tell me that talking for 14 pages and then exchanging 2 punches is a fight, it isn't.) this entire arc, that probably shows how bored he was of this series.

You don't even see anyone casting spells anymore, it's just "Magical Punch!" "Stronger Magical Punch!" "Super Supreme Magical Punch!" and done.

The missing things were missing because... Well, probably because Mashima forgot about some of them... Except Aquarius that is, it was weird for Lucy to not mention it.

... I don't even know what is warrod btw...

Razogul likes this.
  2. Mr.Bush

Mr.Bush 《First President》《Time traveller》《Hidden Pervert 》

Reading List:
    Link
    That is if He doesn't have fealing's for her instead have feelings for Happy that would make a love triangle [​IMG]

No cross that add the fish
    [​IMG]

They make a love square

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    AliceShiki likes this.
  3. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Author left it vague but implied later that Natsu and Lucy are going to become lovers. Just Natsu being dense.

Whole arc was lackluster...most of it was talking and not really fighting like you said. I wonder how much sales dropped due to this arc...

Warrod Sequen was one of those wizard saints. AKA guy whose head was a tree.

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lucy would have a hard time defeating the fish and Happy! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Yeah, Natsu is just dense.

And well, I personally don't mind talking, rather, I like talking... But when I am reading a shounen, I'm kinda expecting some nice fights... I'd read a shoujo if I wanted only talking, and I'm sure I'd enjoy the talk on a shoujo a lot more...

Oh! The tree guy! I forgot he had a name! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Razogul likes this.
  5. Razogul

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually when I imagine Shounen, I expect good fights to be had. However that's not what happened. *Sighs*

Agree with you there, I'll look to other genres for talking. Though I've put several on hold for a while. *Remembers Skip Beat.*

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, Skip Beat has been on my list of things to start since forever... I'm not giving that much attention to my mangas though, novels are nicer... >.>

But well, a shounen without good fights failed on the basic premise of the genre IMO... It can still have lots of good points, but it needs to deliver what it proposes to deliver at least... And well, FT wasn't really delivering anything decent... >.>

7. Razogul

Reading List:
    Link
    *Nods heavily.* If you fail to have good fights in a Shounen, expect some people to just read it because of commitment.

Skip Beat has shown me some things I didn't know about. Some actors IRL are known to be stuck in a character, potentially for months! Kind of frightening to know...

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I've heard of this kind of thing, like how the actor of the joker on this new series of batman couldn't get out of the character well and how it affected his life... It's really scary! >.<

Razogul likes this.
  9. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dissapointing
    making achnologia so op and end with bs friendship power

10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I expected Talk no Jutsu to make the villains surrender
    All well not everything can be like ze great Naruto

AliceShiki likes this.
  11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Heath Ledger killing himself is another example.
    The same way we have sasaeng fans
    I remember the actor who played Gunther on Friends got assaulted by a fan saying that he broke up Ross and Rachel haha

12. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but ther was that, natsu said something about being alone is stupid and treasure the things you have, and achnologia just crumpled into dust while accpeting his defeat and no longer had the will to destroy, leading to the end of the meaning of his existance, since he is the embodiment of destruction it self. which is similar to how rave master ended

Wujigege likes this.
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if their speech was at least decent, then maybe it could work out...

The villain was completely pointless though, it's entire purpose of existence was to destroy, acknologia had no goals altogether, it only wanted to destroy things.

... And let's not get into all the inconsistencies and plotholes of the series... It would give too much of a headache...

14. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    A pretty good video on why One Piece just left Naruto Bleach and Fairy Tail in the dust

From what you are saying Fairy Tail made the same mistake as Naruto and humanized the villains a little too much

15. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ending isn't surprising. But it's still a good ending. It may look cliche', or somewhat predictable. However, it is a good ending.

If the mangaka or the publishing company finds the motivation (be it monetary, or by whatever) to continue the story, at the very least the option is right there.

16. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
  17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Humanizing the villains is not a problem... I mean, it's nice to see that the villain has a real goal that you can sort of understand, even if you don't agree...

But well, Fairy Tail's main problem IMO was how things stopped being personal indeed, the last arc was just a huge war and... While there were a few personal moments here and there, they were just so small and lasted for so little, that I didn't really have the time to get invested...
    The last chapter is okay, it's a decent way of ending... The problem is just the entire arc that happened before the ending.

18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, like the video pointed out the escalation problem, it just becomes a bigger war replacing the old one
    I said humanizing can be overdone, you can't exactly kill a villain that has better character development than the main character lol

19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *giggles* Well, Zeref was better developed than Natsu for sure... Acknologia on the other hand... >.>

But yeah, the excessive escalation is a serious problem of those animes for sure... When it gets too big, I just can't care much.

Wujigege likes this.