Feedback on the Ai-chan Method

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by GM_Rusaku, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Scrya

Scrya Lurking all day long~

Reading List:
    Link
    Update: It seems I can click on the buttons by tapping them several times at quick succession. Maybe it's related to touch sensitivity?

2. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    I can attest to this. Same problem on mobile. It's like they're frozen and stuck

Ai chan likes this.
  3. Scrya

Scrya Lurking all day long~

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like I'm playing Tap Titan while trying to go to the next paragraph on my mobile. xD But yeah, it's really difficult to use on mobile chrome presently. :/

runsing and Ai chan like this.
  4. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my, if it's touch sensitivity, I have no idea how to fix that. If it's true, it does explain some problems I've been told. But if that's the case, I don't think I can fix it as it relates to how iframe works with your browser/phone. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about OS or browser architecture. orz

5. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    1) (╥﹏╥)
    3) yes, i noticed that, hence my suggestion. what i meant to say was, make the faster speed as default. or better yet, appear all at once. while it is less prettier, but it is more practical, imho

windows 10 mobile 1, android/apple 0 >.<

Ai chan likes this.
  6. 31russ

31russ readitt.com

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no such thing as anti copy script. Anything can be copied one or another way

7. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I said the same thing in the FAQ.

8. LostBMe

LostBMe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was fun using. Kind of like a visual novel. Now, if only it had an auto-advance feature like a VN, it would be perfect. Otherwise, my finger will be really tired by the end of the chapter. Using firefox, on a Window10 pc.

Ai chan likes this.
  9. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    I can program it, but I'm kind of saving that feature for end of chapter compilations. But if you don't want to feel tired, you can use enter or spacebar instead of the mouse.

LostBMe likes this.
  10. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Windows 7, Chrome. Worked okay. But it's the most annoying reading experience I've ever encountered. Noped right out of it. At the very least let the text load all at once so I don't have to constantly click like I'm trying to speed through an RPG conversation. Points for creativity.

klackerz likes this.
  11. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Since a few people ask for this feature, I'll try to implement it in part 2. It's doable, I just didn't program it because it's a pain in the ass lol

12. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had to spend a few minutes just getting it to work because it kept refreshing, and then I clicked and clicked and clicked to get through all the notes and stuff before the actual chapter started.. and it's like one sentence before I have to click to read another sentence... I just.. no.. no thanks... I won't read anything that uses this, @Ai chan. Sorry. If you put the same chapter on amazon for a couple dollars I'd pay for an epub just so I don't have to read it on the website....

13. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm on Android. At first I thought maybe it was my connection, so I tried to find a free wifi with decent speed and I found it(Download speed 1.2Mbps, at peak 2.3Mbps). If I used my own Internet, nothing would load. It was just a black box with a gear icon. But when I used the free wifi, it did load, but it was unresponsive to the taps and I couldn't proceed to other pages.

14. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link

Hum, so the browser version is a no go to android mobiles, it seem. Guess I'll need to program the android version after all.

15. Raizu

Raizu An Enthusiastic Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Just done checked it and it's working fine in my Chrome Win7.

Is there any way in case the reader wanna re-read the previous page?
    Since it seems we can only read it forward to the next page.

16. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Since a lot of people ask for this feature, I will add this feature in the next chapter. I'm going to reprogram the reader from scratch.

The current version was programmed as a mess intentionally because I thought it would make it harder to copy. But as everyone had shown, it would only delay them for a few hours at most while taking up an entire day for me to prepare. The next version will be one with simpler interface with better performance.

I understand, I've identified the problems and will release a more streamlined and less hassle reader next time. I'll also release the android apk at the same time for those on android. So please help test the android version when it's out.

Scrya and GM_Rusaku like this.