Fighting God

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Zero300, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 32 - Her Past

Elder Croa was a loyalist who hated humans and any form of human-demonic beast interactions as well as any demonic beast that she considers inferior to the Four Families. She was also a strong contender against the current Matriarch. She was a dark green scorpion with brown spots. In her Human Form, she looked like a middle-aged tall woman with dark green hair that showed slight hints of gray. She had a stern face and she rarely smiles. Her poison-type specialty lied in hallucinations. Elder Croa fought for the position of Matriarch years ago against the current Matriarch...but she suffered a crushing defeat that she blamed the cause on the people under the current Matriarch's wing. From that moment on, Elder Croa despised the Matriarch and tried to find ways to secretly overthrow her.

Elder Croa had four daughters and one son. Given her personality, it's a wonder how someone could fall in love with her. There were even rumors about how Elder Croa forced her recently deceased husband to marry her. There were even rumors about how her deceased husband had something to do with her...but those are just rumors. Anyways, Elder Croa adored her four children...her daughters - Stella, Gretta, and Mallie - and her son - Jarl. But wait...didn't she have four daughters? That's right...there was her youngest daughter...Shylie. Elder Croa gave her best to the four children that she loved...however, there was nothing to give to Shylie. What was the reason for this apparent unfair treatment? It was due to Shylie's personality...Shylie, unlike her mother and her siblings, had a cheerful disposition - she sang, she laughed, she enjoyed interacting with other species. She was friendly to many other demonic beasts including families not part of the Four Families. This difference that Shylie displayed resulted in utter despise from her mother and her siblings.

Shylie worked hard everyday and tried to get the approval of her mother and her siblings...but most of the times she failed. With no love inside her home, Shylie constantly ventured outwards. One day, while playing and singing in the small pond within the forest, Shylie met someone...a Sharpfang. Initially, Shylie was horrified and ran away immediately...but when she realized the Sharpfang did not pursue after her, she stopped running. Curious, Shylie stealthily approached the Sharpfang and hid herself in the bushes. This Sharpfang was...different. He was smaller...scrawnier...and seemed overall weaker than all the other Sharpfangs. It seemed he was lost in thought and did not notice Shylie earlier. What came out of this Sharpfang's mouth next surprised Shylie...the Sharpfang...he started singing. This was truly something that Sharpfangs don't do...or at least so she was told.

As her curiosity grew, Shylie was attracted to the singing and subconsciously revealed herself. She walked out of the bushes and the two species finally met. They stared at each other in awkward silence as they sized each other up. Both of them did not know what to do...should they run...should they attack?

Finally, Shylie broke the silence and said. "You sang well. I didn't know Sharpfangs could sing."

"T-thanks. Unfortunately, I'm the only Sharpfang that likes singing...it's something my family disapproves of." The Sharpfang replied.

"Tell me about it." Shylie said as she rolled her eyes, "My family is the same. The treat me badly because I'm not a diehard loyalist."

"Haha...same here...my name is Nomil. What's yours?"

"Shylie."

"Shylie? That's a pretty name."

The two continued talking about themselves and about trivial things. They found out that they both hate the violent natures of their respective families. Shylie told Nomil that she was the youngest of five children and Nomil told Shylie that he had a twin brother who looked exactly like him. The only difference between them was that his brother swears a lot and has a taste for arthropods. They found out that they shared interests like singing and moon-gazing. By the end of the day, they became friends.

The two continued to meet and their friendship continued to grow...until finally...a forbidden flower blossomed between them...the flower of love. They had fallen in love with each other. This love was forbidden and they could not let their families know about this relationship. However, as if punishment for this illicit relationship, the Heavens did not let their secret love go unnoticed...Nomil's father found out. He was curious as to why Nomil keeps leaving the dwelling so early in the morning and coming home so late. It's clear to him that Nomil was not doing anything productive like hunting for food. When he saw the interactions between Nomil and Shylie, he was enraged.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing you bastard!" Nomil's father shouted as he smacked Nomil at the back of his head.

"F-father! What are you doing here?" Nomil exclaimed in panic and fear. His father had found out of their secret relationship...would his father kill Shylie?

"What am I doing here? I was curious as to why you kept spending more time outside...and look what I found! You...you bastard...fucking a Razortail! Abomination!"

"Father! Please forgive me! I-I love Shylie."

"YOU!! I'll kill this bitch!"

"NO! If you kill her, you might as well kill me too!"

"This bastard! Fine! You're coming home with me! You will not see this Razortail ever again!" Nomil's father growled as he dragged the reluctant Nomil away, leaving a stunned and shivering Shylie alone in the forests.

"Don't worry Shylie, I'll convince father." Nomil cried out as he tried to reassure Shylie while he gets dragged away.

"Convince shit you bastard!" Nomil's father roared as he smashed Nomil unconscious. "I'm going to lock you up for the rest of your life!"

Is this the end of their relationship? Shylie did not want it to end. As the days go by and still no sign of Nomil, Shylie became quiet...listless. She had thoughts of suicide. The stress that has built up throughout her life after the incident caused Shylie to enter depression. Finally...after unable to continue on with this life, she decided to commit suicide. She walked to the place she and Nomil first met and decided to kill herself there. Just as she was about to hang herself, Nomil rushed out and hugged her. They stood there hugging and crying for a while before Shylie asked how he was able to come out and see her. Did he escape from captivity? Would his father get angry? Nomil comforted Shylie, telling her not to worry and stating that he was able to convince his father.

"H-how?" Shylie whispered in disbelief.

"Though my father had shown you his angry side previously...he isn't really a close-minded man like you made him out to be. He agreed to our interaction as long as you help us out with a few things."

"Y-you mean like a traitor?! I can't do that!"

"Please Shylie...for me. You don't have to betray your family...just help us do away the current Matriarch."

"No...I can't!"

"Didn't you say that your family has always been in conflict with the current Matriarch? If you do away with the Matriarch...then won't that benefit both you and your family?"

"B-but...."

"Just think about it. Once the Matriarch is killed, your mother will be the next best candidate to be Matriarch. When she finds out it was all due to your help...she will treat you better. Who knows...maybe she will be more lenient with you and even accept our relationship like how my father did."

That reasoning...though flawed...sounded very rational to Shylie given her stressed mental state from waiting and worrying for Nomil all those days. She tried to wrap her head around what she had just heard....it made sense. If she could get the approval of her mother and her siblings...then her life would be set. In the back of her mind, she felt a slight tug of her intuition that something was wrong with the reasoning...but she dismissed it off. With a nod...Shylie agreed.

"That's great. Shylie...I love you."

"I love you too."

The two stared at each other deeply before slowly kissing...they collapsed in heat at this clearing where they had first met...rustling echoed throughout the night.

2. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 33 - Escape

Shylie was happy...she felt as if a huge burden was suddenly lifted from her shoulders. That night she spent with Nomil was memorable. While they laid on the ground talking and cuddling, Shylie talked about how two humans came to their den recently and were actually accepted. Shylie talked about how one of the humans, a young boy with one arm, was able to form the Ritual of Brotherhood with her cousin. Nomil shook with amazement...to think that there would be a day when a demonic beast and a human could form a brotherhood bond between themselves. After a night of talking, they gradually fell asleep in each other's arms.

After a good night of sleep, Shylie and Nomil woke up - still wrapped in each other's arms - to the caresses of the morning air. Nomil had to head back home but Shylie was reluctant. Nomil smiled at Shylie and promised her that he will be back tomorrow. As Nomil left, Shylie decided that she too should head back home...just in case someone wondered about her absence...which, as usual, did not occur. Her mother and her siblings did not even know she had stayed out the whole night. The day went by slowly and Shylie couldn't wait to meet with Nomil again tomorrow. She had already missed him so much.

The day went by and tomorrow came. Shylie quickly rushed to their regular meeting spot and waited for Nomil...and waited...and waited. Something tingled in her gut...this feeling...did something happen to Nomil? She shook her head and shrugged it off. She was just too worried. There shouldn't be any problems...after all, didn't Nomil say his father had approved of their relationship? Maybe he's just late or something was holding him up. Shylie sat there waiting for Nomil. She waited and waited but still no sign of her beloved. The day went by and night came. Shylie still waited outside, shivering in the cold night breeze. After a while, Shylie reluctantly got up and headed home...it seemed that Nomil won't be coming today.

The next day, Shylie went to the same spot again and continued to wait. A strange feeling suddenly emerged from her womb...this feeling...she...she was pregnant! A bright smile appeared on her face...she was pregnant with her beloved's child!...but, that smile disappeared quickly. How will she tell this to her mother? How will she hide this from the Matriarch? Should she keep it and risk everything? Or should she abort it? No, she must wait for Nomil and they will make the decision together. She waited for Nomil and another day passed. Day after day went by until finally a week had passed. Shylie was just about to give up on waiting when the bushes in front of her rustled. She got up in a defensive position...who could this be? Could it be an enemy? Or Nomil? Shylie tensed up as a figure emerged from the bushes, but she immediately relaxed thereafter. Nomil walked out of the bushes and smiled at Shylie. He opened up his arms and Shylie rushed into his embrace.

"What happened? Didn't we agree to meet last week?" Shylie asked worriedly as she snuggled in Nomil's embrace. "Y-you smell different...more aggressive!"

"Ah...you don't know? We, the Sharpfangs, broke off our alliance with the Fiery Boarheads recently. Those bastards attacked one of us. We've had quite a few skirmishes with them."

"Strange...even so...didn't you say you do not like conflict...even with your enemies? What made you change?"

"That...I-I did. But, the Sharpfang that was killed was my nanny who took great care of me. You remember Nanny Mishia right?"

"Ah...I see. You did mention a nanny that raised you when you were young."

"Come. Enough talking. I miss you dearly." Nomil said as he kissed Shylie fiercely, pulling her towards him to the ground. They struggled passionately for a long time.

Shylie and Nomil would continue this activity with each other once every two days. Shylie felt that Nomil was more vigorous...more aggressive than usual...but that didn't feel bad either. One night, after a rough hot exercise, Nomil quickly got up and turned to leave. He did not stay and cuddle like he had previously. Shylie asked what was wrong and he replied that the Fiery Boarheads and the Sharpfangs had declared war against each other last week and that he will be participating in the upcoming battle.

"Do you have to fight?" Shylie asked Nomil anxiously.

"I have to. Those Fiery Boarheads kept denying their involvement with the killing of my nanny. It's laughable that they even blame us for attacking first. There's no more time. I must leave now. My group leaves for battle at dawn."

"Wait! I-I have something to tell you." Shylie exclaimed. She had heard from her mother that the ones who actually killed Nomil's nanny and caused the misunderstanding between the Fiery Boarheads and the Sharpfangs were the humans who were accepted to live with them. She didn't want to give this secret away as it would endanger the humans who she had just recently befriended...especially the young girl Julia. The girl's temperament was similar her own. But...Shylie didn't want to lose Nomil either...after all, he was the love of her life...the father of her unborn child.

"What is it?"

"The Fiery Boarheads did not kill your nanny. I know who did."

"Who?" Nomil replied, his eyes narrowed.

"It was the humans who recently started living with us. I've told you about them before."

"Humans?"

"Yea. Aldred and Julia. I've told you about them, don't you remember?"

"Ah...yes, I do. Where did you get this information from? Is it reliable?"

"I heard it directly from my mother when I overheard her rant about how the Matriarch treated them kindly."

"This...why are you telling me this?"

"B-because I don't want to lose you."

"Don't you know...that by telling me this, the Razortails will be in trouble as well?"

"T-that...I didn't think about that. Please Nomil...at least don't do anything to the Razortails They did not kill your nanny...it...it was all the humans' fault."

"Don't worry. I'll try to convince father."

"T-thank you."

Nomil smirked, "Haha, I need to thank you dear. With this info, I won't have to fight anymore. I'll be sure to visit you when the war ends."

Back to the present....

"Catch her!" The Matriarch roared.

A number of Razortail guards rushed towards Shylie, blocking her path. As they closed in on her, Shylie spat out an acid attack. As the guards scrambled to avoid the spray path of the acid, Shylie swiftly slipped through the gap.

"Useless idiots! After her!" Sherul growled at the useless guards.

Shylie rushed out of the den and dashed towards the clearing where Nomil promised to meet her. Aldred, Julia, and the rest of the Razortails who attended the meeting closely followed after her.

Shylie saw Nomil with a group of Sharpfangs and Fiery Boarheads in the distance and called out to him. Nomil turned and their eyes met. He smiled and opened his arms. Shylie fell into Nomil's arms and they stayed like that for a while. When they parted, Nomil still held Shylie tightly. Shylie looked at Nomil...his reassuring eyes...his smile...his....

*CRUNCH!!!*

3. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 34 - Tragedy

"N-Nomil...w-why?" Shylie asked in surprise as pain coursed through her body.

Nomil had bit her...no...the correct term was ATE! Nomil took a huge bite off of her and was greedily chewing her flesh with relish. The giant bite wound appeared on Shylie diagonally from the right side of her neck to the middle of her chest. Blood welled up from her wound and dyed her body green.

The Sharpfang looked at the feeble Toxic Razortail trembling in front of him and sneered, "Haha, you really thought I was that weak bastard?"

Understanding finally appeared in Shylie's mind as her eyes widened in shock and anger, "Y-you!"

"That's right! I'm the one and only...Novile - Nomil's twin brother."

Tears and blood welled up as Shylie shook in pain and grief, her mind numb with confusion and shock. So...so where's Nomil? Did something happened to him? W-why is Novile staring at her like that? That smirk looked so familiar...that gaze...that....

"I must say...those times I played with you were the most fun I've had in a long time. I've always had a taste for arthropods...both physically and sexually." Novile smiled as he licked his lips. "Would this be considered rape? Nah...shouldn't be. After all...hehe...you enjoyed it too haha! You were crying out for more that it was so funny I almost blew my cover haha!"

Shylie stared towards the distance, her eyes vacant...her mind racing. She muttered to herself, "T-then...all those times...."

Nomil's Flashback....

"Where did you go?" Nomil's father Narkal growled. "Did you went to see that bitch again!"

"Father...please. She is the love of my life. Ple-!" Nomil tried to explain but he was sent flying by his enraged father.

"You disappoint me greatly! No son of mine would fall in love with food! No son of mine will beg like a weakling! From now on, you are not my son!"

"Father! Give me a chance! I've convinced her to help us! She will help us kill the Matriarch of the Toxic Razortails!"

"Oh? Is that true? Haha! Well done! You have shown me your usefulness at last."

"R-really? Then, will you accept Shylie? Will you accept our marr-?!" Nomil asked hopefully but he was cut off as a hand thrust out from his chest. "T-this?!"

"But now your usefulness has been used up...am I right Fahter?" A voice asked playfully from behind Nomil.

"That's correct...haha, as expected of my son. Novile, you understand me." Narkal chuckled.

As Nomil's last breath left his body, he slid off of Novile's arm and collapsed onto the ground...a pool of red crept out and enveloped the corpse. Novile licked his bloody hand and cackled. Then, he looked at his father. "Should I take care of the female Razortail?"

"Yes. Get as much information as you can from her."

"Hehe...do you mind if I play with her for a while?"

"Hmph! This is your only bad habit that I disapprove of. Fine, do what you want...but I want results." Narkal snorted. He knew from the beginning of Novile's disgusting habits and his violent and cruel nature. But, because Novile was his pride, Narkal chose to ignore these habits.

Presently....

As Aldred and the rest arrived at the scene, Novile kicked the dying Shylie sending her skidding to their feet. Novile sneered at the group and signaled to the warriors behind him.

"Get ready to slaughter these bastards!" Novile ordered as the Fiery Boarheads and the Sharpfangs raised their weapons.

"You dare?!" The Matriarch roared as she arrived at the scene. Her tremendous power flowed out and pressured her enemies back.

"Kuh...." Although Novile was considered a genius within the Four Families, he was only considered as such in the younger generations. He was still many ranks below the more powerful older generations like the Matriarch of the Toxic Razortails that stood before him. Thinking that it's best to leave, Novile ordered a retreat. His allies gratefully complied and they hastily left the scene.

The Matriarch took one look at the dying Toxic Razortail and frowned. Though she was a traitor...she was still family. It left a bad aftertaste in her mouth to see one of her own killed so brutally. But there was nothing she could do and, in order to keep appearances, she could not take the side of this traitor. She gave one last glance at the Shylie before turning around and headed back to the den. One by one, the rest of the Razortails left as well. Elder Croa was the last to leave. She looked at her dying daughter and their eyes met. Shylie could see the disdain in her mother's eyes...that cold appearance...she knew that she had been abandoned. No love...no family...no future...oh how sad her life was. Shylie looked at the humans who stood before her. They did not leave unlike everyone else. This gave Shylie a sense of warmth.

Shylie looked at them and said, "M-my baby...please t-take care of m-my b-baby."

"Shhhhh. Don't talk, you'll be alright. Don't waste your energy talking. We'll take care of you and your baby." Julia tried to comfort her but to no success. The pain that Shylie was feeling only served to further confirm for her...that she was going to die soon.

Shylie looked at Aldred and Julia once more before muttering. "I'm sorry...."

Her limbs went limp...her breath dissipated...her eyes closed and lacked any movement...Shylie...daughter of Elder Croa...a cheerful and kind Razortail who loved to sing...had died.

Julia started weeping as she cradled the corpse. Though their time of interaction was short, Julia still considered Shylie a friend. Julia looked at Aldred...her eyes begging for vengeance. Aldred nodded his head...he will kill those Sharpfangs and Fiery Boarheads someday. Aldred suddenly remembered something...the child! He reached down and felt Shylie's womb...the child...it's...it's dead. There was no life force. What a sad day for these two unfortunate beings.

4. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 35 - Soul

It has been a month since Shylie's funeral. Not many Razortails attended that funeral...after all, Shylie was considered as a traitor who destroyed their trust in her and severed her loyalty to them. The only ones who bothered to attend was Sherul, Aldred, Julia, and Skaal. According to demonic beast custom, a demonic beast must have a proper burial ceremony in order to move on to the afterlife. Different demonic beasts had different burial ceremonies. For the deceased Earth Scorpioins, they would have their bodies cremated and then buried so that their essence may fuse with the Earth. However, for Shylie's case, she was given a traitor's burial despite Aldred's and Julia's protest. Shylie did not have the honor of cremation and was buried whole...her corpse left to rot and significantly lowering her chances of fusing with the Earth.

In that month, Aldred and Julia would either come together or come separately to Shylie's burial site and clean it once a week. One day, while Aldred was cleaning Shylie's burial site, he sensed a disturbance in the earth. He looked at the burial site and sensed a presence...this...is this Qi? Could there be a scavenger trying to eat Shylie's corpse? After all, she was not buried in a container but rather just dumped into a pit and then covered. Aldred used his senses and his Qi to locate where exactly was the presence. The presence was moving...but very slowly. It was digging upwards! Where did it come from?

Right as the presence left the vicinity of Shylie, Aldred reached forward and pierced his hand into the ground. Grabbing a hold of the presence, Aldred pulled his hand out. What he grabbed shocked him. This...a baby creature? It looked like a rat or a mouse with a scorpion tail. The tail was like that of the Razortails, the pointed end was shaped like a razor blade. The claws of the creature's front feet had nails that were large, thick, and sharp like the fangs of a scorpion. What kind of creature was this? Wait! Mouse...scorpion...hybrid...isn't this Shylie and Nomil's child?! How can this be? How can this child survive?! I need to report this to Aunt Sheila.

Aldred carefully held the creature in his arm. This tiny baby was currently weak given that it had survived off of the decaying nutrients of its own mother. But even so, its dead mother could only provide about a week's worth of nutrients...then, what happened for the rest of the month? How did it survive then? What did it live off of? Not to mention it had survived being buried alive and dug its way towards the surface. This child was tenacious...a natural survivor. Upon arriving, he immediately went to the Matriarch's room.

*KNOCK!* *KNOCK!*

"Come in." A tired voice answered.

"Excuse me then." Aldred replied as he entered the room and walked towards the table where the Matriarch, in her Human Form, was sitting at and sorting through some papers.

"Ah! Aldred, how are you doing today? Is there something you need?" The Matriarch looked at Aldred with a tired smile.

"This." Aldred replied as he held up the baby hybrid by its neck. The baby was too tired and weak to resist and just hung there staring at the Matriarch with feeble eyes.

"This? What is this?"

"I found this at Shylie's burial ground. This...I believe this must be the child of Shylie.

"WHAT!? H-how's that possible?!"

"It must have lived off of its mother's dead body."

"But even so, that only lasts like what? A week? What about the rest?"

"That's what I thought too. Maybe this creature had started absorbing other creatures?"

"No...it looked too weak. Do you think it's an ability of some sort?"

"Doesn't seem like it.... Could...could it be that it absorbed the nutrients from the earth directly?"

"That?! To absorb the nutrients of the earth...that is an abominable nature. It is taboo for the Earth Scorpions to rob the earth of its nutrients."

"There was no choice in that matter for this kid. It wasn't at fault."

"True...but even so, this is still an unthinkable act of abomination. Not many demonic beasts will accept it if they knew what it had done. What will you do with this...this...what do you even call this? This is neither a Toxic Razortail nor a Sharpfang. In fact, I didn't even think it was possible for this type of mix breed to exist."

"This...then...let's call it a Sharptail. Sharptail isn't taken is it?" Aldred asked...he's naming sense was bad and he did not know if the term Sharptail was already taken or not.

"Sharptail...that could work. In the past, there was a species known as Sharptails. They were powerful rodent-like demonic beasts with furry, spear-like tails. But, they became overconfident with their power and strength that they defied the Heavens. They were exterminated by the other families as punishment. This baby can be considered as a Sharptail, except his tail is like that of a Razortail."

"Then, Sharptail it is." Aldred replied as he lifted the baby and stared at it. "Kid, you're a Sharptail now. Remember that."

"Okay...the only problem left...is what are we going to do with that Sharptail? I don't think any of the other Razortails would take care of a traitor's child. Even Elder Croa, given her personality, would most likely refuse as well."

"Then, I'll take care of it. This demonic beast...it seems I can feel a special connection with it." Aldred responded. He had felt a resemblance of Qi in this demonic beast. Could this demonic beast have cultivated Qi in his desperate situation?

"Hmm, fine. If you can take care of it, then so be it. This is the least I can do for Shylie. Although she was a traitor, she was still family."

"Okay, then, I'll be going now."

"Alright, take care. I'll notify the other elders of this child."

"Alright."

Aldred left the Matriarch's room and headed towards his room. There, Julia and Skaal were busy training. When the door opened, they looked at Aldred. When they saw the baby Sharptail in Aldred's hand, they all rushed over with questions.

"What's that? Where did you find it?" Skaal asked.

"Aww, such a cute little baby, what species is it from? Whose kid is it?" Julia asked, her eyes sparkled.

"This is a Sharptail...I named its family. This is...Shylie's child." Aldred responded.

"Impossible!" Skaal and Julia yelped in shock.

"How is that possible? Shylie and her child died that day. You yourself checked for any signs of life!" Skaal questioned in disbelief.

"I know. I thought so too."

"Then, what caused this to happen?" Julia asked.

"I think I know how. We all underestimated Shylie...and her motherly love for her unborn child."

"What do you mean?"

"It seemed even in death, she forcefully concentrated all of her nutrients and energy to her womb...keeping her child alive as long as she could. This tenacious will can only be described as Motherly Love."

"I see...so, you going to take care of it?" Skaal asked.

"Yea."

"What's its name?" Julia asked.

"I haven't decided yet. Did Shylie ever mention to you about her child...maybe like what she will name it?"

"Hmmm...actually, she did mention it. She said that both her and her lover, Nomil, loved singing...so they decided to name their kid either Soul if it's a boy or Hymn if it's a girl."

"Hmm...yep, it's a boy. I guess Soul it is." Aldred replied after checking the child's gender. He faced the little Sharptail and said, "From now on, you are Soul the Sharptail."

5. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 36 - Alliance and War

"Where are you Soul? Where did that little rascal go to now?" Julia gritted her teeth as she searched around for the young Sharptail.

Suddenly, the Sharptail emerged from the ground below Julia and tackled her playfully. Julia crashed into the ground a little bruised up. The Sharptail then ran off laughing mischievously.

"That's not funny Soul! That's just mean!" Julia screeched as she massaged her bruises. "This child...he was so adorable back then...what happened?"

It's been half a year now. Soul grew up as the adoptive son of Aldred...which made him the adoptive nephew of Skaal. Soul viewed both Sherul and Julia as friends of the family. Other than these close relationships, Soul had no one else. Now, to everyone else, it felt weird for a young demonic beast to be raised by a human...not to mention a human that recently turned ten years of age. But, he didn't have much choice since no one else would raise him. Personality-wise, Soul initially was a quiet child. Coupled with the fact that many of the Razortails ignored him, Soul grew up with little to no friends of his age. Maybe it was due to the lack of friends that Soul became a mischievous prankster.

Soul had also grown physically and spiritually at an increased rate. Because Soul had some affinity towards Earth Qi, Aldred helped him absorb and form his own Qi as well as cultivate the Earth God Cultivation Technique. In addition, Aldred had also taught Soul the Fist of the Elusive Mole when he found out about Soul's innate ability to dig underground and even stay under the earth for more than an hour at a time. Soul was a quick learner and in the short period of time, he was able to reach Fledgling Tier 3. In terms of combat strength, he does not lose to any of the younger generations.

Though this would be considered as a blessing to the family for having raised a genius...but because Soul looked very much like a mouse-type demonic beast, many Razortails wondered about whether his loyalty would lie with the Sharpfangs or with them in case a war erupted between them. The Matriarch believed that the young Sharptail will fight for the Razortails and she placed her life on the line to show her complete confidence in Soul. Though many thought that she would be wrong, they were not a hundred percent sure. However, six months later, their doubts were given a chance to be proven.

It was a nice breezy day, not chilly and not hot, like the previous day. The days were peaceful...but anxiety filled the air. There were news of a few skirmishes between the Fiery Boarheads and the Sharpfangs with the Deathblooms...but strangely enough, there weren't any attacks on them - the Razortails. Many Razortails felt suspicious towards these occurrences. Why were the Deathblooms only attacked during these past few skirmishes? When will they suffer an attack as well? The Razortails all felt tensed as they worry. Suddenly a guard rushed in to where the Matriarch was sitting and chatting with Sherul. The Matriarch was initially annoyed for being so rudely interrupted but she still allowed the guard to proceed with his report. What the guard said next greatly shook both Sherul and the Matriarch.

The Fiery Boarheads and the Sharpfangs have finally made their move! They've sneak-attacked the Deathblooms and wiped out all of the Deathblooms' elites, elders, and their Patriarch. Initially, the Matriarch was curious as to how the Deathblooms could lose without giving so much as a small fight or something that could notify them of what was happening. The only possible solution to this was that there was a traitor on the inside. This assumption of hers was confirmed to be the truth when the next sentence brought her doubts into the light...the second prince or the second son of the Deathblooms betrayed the current Patriarch in order to become the new Patriarch. Right now, the armies of all three families were heading towards them! Their numbers reaching an amount of two thousand warriors!

The Matriarch immediately called the elders. It was time for war. Luckily, she had prepared for the worst situation...though not what she had primarily expected, it was still within her general expectations. During the past six months, in order to prepare for the worst case scenario, the Matriarch had contacted all one hundred of the minor families of demonic beasts for assistance. However, only five of them replied positively. These families were the Deerkin, the Thunder Lizards, the Pincherheads, the Fiercejaws, and the Mud Wyrms.

The Deerkin were deer-type demonic beasts with two antlers and an upward curved horn in the middle. Their fur were of a deep white with brown spots. Their affinities leaned towards the Holy Affinity and they were known to be good healers. The Thunder Lizards, as their name states, were lizard-type demonic beasts with a strong affinity towards Lightning. Their attacks were always imbued with a lightning aftereffect that numbs their enemies, preventing them from healing their wounds. The Thunder Lizards looked like greenish brown frilled lizards with purple undertone. The Pincherheads were beetle-type demonic beasts with two large pinchers near their heads. They were blessed with very tough exoskeletons making them excellent tanks. They're usually black in color with some exceptions of brown. Their affinities were generally towards the Earth Affinity like the Earth Scorpions.

The Fiercejaws were ant-like demonic beasts with fierce jaws and very strong offensive capabilities. They were black in color with some hints of crimson. Their affinities were generally towards Earth as well, but some mutants were born with Fire abilities in addition to their innate Earth abilities. Those with both Fire and Earth abilities were considered the elites of the Fiercejaw family. Lastly, the Mud Wyrms were worm-type demonic beasts that swim below the earth. Because of their size and ferocity, they were subtly named after the extinct Wyrms - wingless snake-like dragons who ruled the underground world in the past. These Mud Wyrms were even considered a far away descendant of the Wyrms. Their affinities were towards Earth, but some had affinities towards Plant as well.

These five families agreed to help not because the Matriarch of the Razortails asked them to...but because they too were tired of suffering at the hands of those hated Fiery Boarheads and Sharpfangs. Both the Fiercejaws and the Pincherheads were able to send 500 warriors each. The Deerkin was able to send 50 of their combat healers. The Mud Wyrms had sent 100 of their finest and the Thunder Lizards were able to send 350 of their strongest warriors. With the five families' warriors, the alliance of six families had a little over 2500 warriors. Though they outnumbered the three major families, their fighting strength was not as comparable. This upcoming battle will be considered a very tough fight for both sides no doubt about it.

"Come on Aunt Sheila, let me go too." Aldred begged, "I need to play my part as a member of this dwelling."

"No." The Matriarch shook her head. "You're not strong enough. You will only become our burden."

"I can help...definitely."

"You can help by staying here and defending the home front. Protect the children and the other weak members of our family. If you die in the frontlines, what will happen to Julia? What will happen to Soul?"

"I...y-you're right...."

"Don't worry. Your brother Skaal will stay with you. Make sure to evacuate the children and the weaker Toxic Razortails to the underground bunker below our dwelling."

"Okay."

"Good." The Matriarch nodded. Then, she looked at the warriors who stood at the ready. "Prepare to march my warriors! We meet our allies at the Crimson Brights!"

--------------------------------------------------​

Crimson Brights is a place in the forest with a large batch of crimson-colored flowers.

6. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 37 - Casualties of War

At Crimson Brights, a little more than 4500 warriors of different families of demonic beasts were situated at opposite ends. On one side, there were 2000 warriors consisting of the Fiery Boarheads, the Sharpfangs, and the Deathblooms. These three families were dubbed the Three Major Families or the Three Majors. On the other side, there were more than 2500 warriors consisting of the Toxic Razortails, the Deerkins, the Fiercejaws, the Pincherheads, the Mud Wyrms, and the Thunder Lizards. They were dubbed the Great Alliance. Of course, in the eyes of the Three Majors, they could only see about 2400 warriors in front of them. This was because, before the confrontation, the Matriarch of the Razortails had directed the Mud Wyrms to move underground near the middle of the would-be battlefield to lie in wait. The Three Majors did not know about the Mud Wyrms because the spies they sent to infiltrate the Toxic Razortails were provided false information stating that only four families allied themselves with the Razortails.

The demonic beasts were all in their human forms because of the limited space in the forests. Although being in their Human Forms requires stamina, at the level they were in, such small levels of stamina consumption could be considered negligible. The commander of the Great Alliance was the Matriarch of the Toxic Razortails - Matriarch Sheila and the commander of the Three Majors turned out to be the rising young genius, Novile of the Sharpfangs. The commanders and their warriors glared at each other, sweat trickled from their backs. They silently dared each other to make the first move...after all, the group that makes the first move was usually considered to be at their most vulnerable state. This was because making the first move allowed the opposite side to observe and plan ahead in order to counteract their move. Finally, after ten or so long minutes, one side decided to attack first.

"Warriors! They are but weaklings! We have nothing to fear from them! Let us kill! Charge!" Novile roared as he raised his fist into the air.

"UUOOUUWWAAAA!!" Everyone in the Three Majors roared as they charged towards the Great Alliance.

"They're coming! Stay on your feet warriors! Long-range casters take aim. Steady...steady...steady.... Now Thunder Lizards! Paralyze them!" Matriarch Sheila issued.

All 350 Thunder Lizards fired their lightning attacks at the charging enemies. The lightning attacks smashed into the enemy ranks, paralyzing many and even wounding some. Most of the frontlines stopped in their tracks, causing those behind them to collide and collapse. As if rehearsed, Mud Wyrms immediately flew out from the ground and tore off chunks of enemy flesh. Some Mud Wyrms even managed to drag some of the more hapless demonic beasts into the ground, suffocating them and essentially burying them alive.

Even with the ambush, the Three Majors were quick to recover as they rapidly regroup and warded off the continuous assault. Seeing that there were only casualties of their own, the Mud Wyrms dove back into the ground to regroup and await for further instructions from their Patriarch. With the Mud Wyrms below ground and away from the battlefield, the Three Majors gradually moved towards the Great Alliance in loosely grouped wedge formations while paying some attention to the ground in order to prevent another ambush.

"They're coming! Fire Affinities, attack!" Matriarch Sheila commanded.

Every Fire Affinity warrior started shooting long-ranged fire attacks like Fireballs, Flame Arrows, Fire Waves, Flame Needles, Fire Bombs, Explosions, etc. The ensuing barrage of fire attacks smashed into the enemies. However, as if they were expecting it, the Fiery Boarheads rushed to the front and blocked the fire attacks. Because the Fiery Boarheads were considered the strongest in terms of fire-based abilities, they were naturally very resistant to them as well. Most of the fire attacks were blocked by the Fiery Boarheads, though some unlucky demonic beasts from behind were still hit by some stray attacks. Nevertheless, what was expected to be a great mass slaughter turned out to be only a few killings.

"Hmph! Have a taste of your own medicine!" Novile roared as he commanded the Fiery Boarheads to attack with fire as well.

Even more powerful fire-based attacks flew towards the armies of the Great Alliance. Most of the Fire Affinities tried to block the attacks, but because of the difference in power, the Fire Affinities were pushed back and some of the weaker ones were even injured. Most of the fire attacks weren't blocked as they flew into the midst of the Great Alliance. Chaos scattered the Great Alliance and caused mass panics. Matriarch Sheila tried her best to call for order. After some time, she was able to successfully gather the allied armies and regroup. There were some casualties and there were some deserters, however, most of the warriors stayed.

"Warriors! Now's the time! Charge!" Matriarch Sheila roared as she pounced forward towards a nearby enemy. All the other warriors also charged with her.

Seeing their opponents rushing towards them, the Three Majors charged as well. However, right before they made contact with the opposing side, they were ambushed once more by the Mud Wyrms. The Mud Wyrms, sensing the oncoming battle from the vibrations of the earth, emerged from the ground and attacked the Three Majors' armies...most of them had lowered their guards because they had forgotten about the Mud Wyrms. This attack caused some pause within the enemy ranks, slowing down their charge and lowering some morale. Not giving them any time to regroup, the armies of the rest of the Great Alliance arrived and crashed into them.

The two sides clashed and immediately there were tens of victims. The Fiery Boarheads were tough and strong with abnormal senses...a natural enemy to the Deerkin and Mud Wyrms. The Sharpfangs were fast and ferocious with some resistance to poison...a natural enemy to the Toxic Razortails and Pincherheads. The Deathblooms...well, they could fly which gave them some advantages over those who couldn't. Vice versa, the Thunder Lizards have lightning-based area attacks as well as lightning-imbued normal attacks which proved to be devastating to their enemies. The damage and paralyzing effects of the lightning attacks serve to be the worst for enemies like the Sharpfangs who depended on their speed and the Deathblooms who depended on their flight advantage. In addition, the powerful offensive capabilities of the Fiercejaws and the lethal poison of the Toxic Razortails, when combined, serve to counteract the defenses of the Fiery Boarheads. The Deerkin heals most of the injuries that the Great Alliance received while the Three Majors did not have any healers on their side. Overall, the battle was stalemated and would continue so unless some deciding factors were to occur.

And those deciding factors appeared in a timely manner. Seeing the stalemated situation, Matriarch Sheila and the Patriarch of the Fiercejaws both changed into their Giant Beast Forms. As Giant Beasts, their capabilities increased by ten-fold compared to their Human Forms. Matriarch Sheila immediately spat out a powerful and lethal Acid Wave at a group of Fiery Boarheads and Sharpfangs. The slower ones to react to this attack died immediately...but those Sharpfangs who were quick enough dodged the brunt of the attack and only suffered some minor burns and dizziness. As for the Fiery Boarheads who were quick to react, they immediately activated their Flame Body and engulfed themselves in fire. The flames quickly burned the acid to harmlessness. However, their Flame Bodies lacked their initial defenses and were weak to any powerful physical attacks. That's where the Patriarch of the Fiercejaws came in. The Patriarch charged forward and crushed the Flame-Bodied Fiery Boarheads, killing them.

However, the two leaders of their respective families were only able to attack once as the Patriarchs of the Three Majors and Novile all changed into their Giant Beast Forms. As according to the domino effect, seeing some of their powerhouses change into Giant Beast Forms, the other strong demonic beasts also changed into their Giant Beast Forms. Finally, there were over 300 Giant Beasts scattered amongst the armies. It seemed that the height of the battle was about to begin.

7. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 38 - Defeat?

Only the elite demonic beasts chose to change into their Giant Beast Forms in order to bring out the best of their abilities that they couldn't in their Human Forms. The weaker demonic beasts knew in their hearts that even if they changed into Giant Beast Forms, they won't be of much help. As the Giant Beasts and their respective armies from both sides started attacking each other, two distinctive strategies were displayed by each side's actions. While most of one side's Giant Beasts stopped attacking the regular demonic beasts and instead aimed for the other side's Giant Beasts, most of the other side's Giant Beasts attacked and purposely aimed at the unchanged warriors. Now one may deduce that the Giant Beasts who appeared to be shameless and attacking weaker demonic beasts were from the Three Majors and the Giant Beasts who appeared righteous and fair were from the Great Alliance. Sadly, that was not the case.

Surprisingly, the side that appeared to be righteous and fair were from the Three Majors. They, given their stubborn and prideful personality, could not bring it upon themselves to attack weaker demonic beasts as per their customs, such actions were considered cowardly. And the side that appeared to be shameless were from the Great Alliance. This was because they were more realistic on things like the war they're fighting. Because of their inferiority in power, they decide to compensate that with more kills. By killing off the weaker ones first, they would be able to decrease morale, cause confusion, and quickly focus on the stronger ones without worry of being attacked by a lucky shot from a weaker demonic beast.

"Cowards! Fight us like real warriors!" The Giant Beasts of the Three Majors roared upon seeing what the other side was doing.

They rushed over to fend off the Giant Beasts, but as if the Great Alliance knew what they were going to do next, the Thunder Lizards cast wave upon wave of paralyzing lightning attacks, slowing down the Giant Beasts. The paralyzing effects of the lightning attacks though separately were only able to slow down the Giant Beasts, but stacked were able to paralyze them long enough for the Mud Wyrms to make another wave of attacks in order to whittle down the enemies' defenses and health. As the Giant Beasts of the Great Alliance continued to wipe out the weaker demonic beasts, most of them panicked and changed into their Giant Beast Forms in order to increase their strength even by a little. However, this was a bad move on their part. Not only do they not contribute to any increase in fighting power for their side, but they also took up a lot of space and got in the way of the other Giant Beasts. The Great Alliance took advantage of this disorder and attacked the entangled and helpless Giant Beasts.

Many died and more wounded with the first wave of attacks. Gradually, the Three Majors were able to regroup and fight back. After several clashes, the Great Alliance took victory. However, both sides suffered major losses. The Three Majors suffered the most losses. Both the Sharpfang's Patriarch and the Fiery Boarhead's Patriarch died in the battle. The young Patriarch of the Deathblooms, along with his warriors, retreated and used the other two families to cover their retreat. What started out with 2000 warriors had decreased to a mere 703 warriors. There were 301 Fiery Boarheads and 402 Sharpfangs left. That was how many alive...but when the Fiery Boarheads and some of the more weak-willed Sharpfangs saw the retreating Deathblooms, they too decided to sneak away and desert the battlefield...leaving only about 200 Sharpfang warriors left.

Of course, like the Three Majors, the Great Alliance also suffered heavy losses. Of their over 2500 warriors, they've lost 1850 warriors. There were only 1 Deerkin alive - the Patriarch, 114 Fiercejaws excluding their Patriarch, 127 Pincherheads excluding their Patriarch, 32 Mud Wyrms including their Patriarch, 149 Thunder Lizards excluding both their Patriarch and his eldest son, and 227 Toxic Razortails including Matriarch Sheila and Sherul. Unfortunately, many elders including Elder Croa had perished in the battle. Matriarch Sheila had lost an eye and had received damage to her mana core, essentially causing her to drop a level.

Technically, this was a victory for the Great Alliance, but it felt like defeat. Matriarch Sheila walked up to the collapsed and tired Novile. With a sharp kick, she send the Sharpfang tumbling towards a tree trunk.

"H-how? We had better...stronger warriors...." Novile mumbled to himself but apparently it was loud enough for the demonic beasts nearby to hear it.

"Simple. We used our brains. I could guess, ever since your renewed alliance with the Fiery Boarheads, that you would plan for a war like this. That's why I had hurriedly met with all of the minor families in hopes of acquiring help." Matriarch Sheila sneered.

"I know this dammit! I had spies everywhere!"

"Yes, I know. I made sure to feed your spies false information. They may know that we made a successful alliance with four families...but they didn't know about our alliance with the Mud Wyrms. Not to mention, the secret training and planning our warriors did in preparation for the war. Your spies had no clue of any of it."

"So that's why you were able to move in such an orderly and controlled fashion...."

"Exactly. And that's also how you Three Majors weren't able to coordinate your attacks with each other, causing disorder and clumsiness. In other words...we were prepared, you weren't."

"Dammit!"

"Hmph! You have lost. Surrender now."

"Hehe...we may have lost here...but I'm sure we had won over there." Novile snickered as he spat out a mouthful of blood.

"What do you mean? Where's over there?"

"Your H-O-M-E-S."

"Our homes...?"

"Like you...I had also used my brains."

"What are you...? No!" Matriarch Sheila realized something. She looked at the other leaders of their families and saw that they too realized that something was wrong. She turned back to Novile and roared, "What did you do to our homes!"

"We gave each of your homes a little surprise...well, at least five of you that is. You see, I too had made an small alliance with a group outside the Three Major Families."

"No! Sherul! Have a few watch over them. The rest, follow me!" Matriarch Sheila ordered. "Respective Patriarchs and new Patriarchs, your homes may be in danger. You should go and check. Patriarch Mud Wyrm, I'll trouble you to help Patriarch Deerkin."

After sending the other families off, Matriarch Sheila quickly headed back to their dwelling along with a hundred warriors. Upon arriving, they were shocked and depressed at the sight.

A few hours ago....

"I hope Aunt Sheila and them will win." Aldred prayed as he helped with the evacuation of the young. "Come along kids, get in here. Just think of this as a drill."

Suddenly, Skaal stood up frantically, his senses on high alert. "I sense something...ominous."

"What is it, Skaal?" Julia asked as she peered outside of the dwelling. "I don't see anything."

"Careful!" Aldred bellowed as he pushed Julia out of the way. An Ice Spear flew to where Julia was at a few moments ago. "Everyone! Get to the bunker, we're under attack!"

8. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 39 - Infiltration

"We're under attack! Warriors, come protect the bunker!" Skaal roared as he stood before the entrance of the dwelling in his Giant Beast Form.

Aldred mounted on Skaal's back while ten or so warriors flanked Skaal's sides. Julia wanted to rush into battle as well, but Aldred told her to stay in the bunker and look after the evacuees especially young Soul...making sure to fend off any enemies that got past their defenses. Julia wanted to protest but in the end, she understood and headed back in. Now, Aldred did not belittle Julia and her capabilities...he just wanted to protect her from harm. In addition, even though Julia had witness death...she hadn't actually killed anyone yet. So, Aldred feared that Julia would freeze up during the battle.

Once Julia had entered the bunker, Aldred turned his attention to the direction of the location where he and Skaal had sensed the enemies. Aldred shouted, "Stop hiding, we know you're here. Come out!"

Thirty-three shadowy figures emerged from their hiding positions and presented themselves in front of Aldred and the other warriors. These enemies looked like black foxes with some parts of their bodies covered in scaly armor and bat-like wings growing out of their bodies. There were three Giant Beasts and the rest were all in their Small Beast Forms. The warriors and Skaal all gasped in astonishment. Curious, Aldred asked what was up...why did their reactions sound so exaggerated?

"They...they're Fox Dragons! I-impossible...they don't even live here in this part of the Demonic Forests!" A warrior gaped as he explained.

"What do you mean? Why would they attack us? If they were not from around here, then there shouldn't be any enmity between us." Aldred asked.

"The Fox Dragons...were part of an assassination organization/family." Skaal gritted his teeth.

"Assassins! They're hired help?! I bet I know who had the audacity."

"Yea...Novile!"

"Enough whispering. Since it seems you know why we're here and who sent us...then you should know that you will not live to the see tomorrow's morning sun." The Giant Beast that stood in the middle growled.

"I am Aldred Blackehearth. Tell me your name?"

"Why? So you'll know who killed you? Haha, then clean your ears and listen! I am the great Vulpiro - young master of the Fox Dragons. Haha, aren't you honored to be killed for my first mission."

"Haha, Vulpiro is it? Good, I'll know what to write on your tombstone."

"YOU! Hmph! Kill them!" Vulpiro, having realized that he was played, immediately went red with anger and ordered the attack.

"Don't hold back! Let them know that we Toxic Razortails are not easy to mess with!" Skaal roared.

Both sides charged and attacked. At the first clash, each side had immediately suffered a few deaths. The Fox Dragons, even in their Small Beast Forms, were able to deal massive damage and even killing blows to the inexperienced young Toxic Razortail warriors. Conversely, the powers of Skaal and Aldred were very strong...contrary to what the Fox Dragons had expected. And through this loss of valuable information, the Fox Dragons suffered some deaths and even one of their Giant Beasts.

"Chiaro, no!" Vulpiro grimaced as he saw his best friend die, his head squished into pieces and pulp by the hand of the human boy. It seemed he had clearly underestimated the human. "Ptera! You and a few Small Beasts go take care of that Toxic Razortail while I personally take care of this bastard."

Ptera nodded in confirmation as she ordered a few Fox Dragons to follow her. She and the Fox Dragons following her hurled themselves toward Skaal, who was fortunately prepared for their onslaught. Vulpiro growled as he looked at the one-armed young boy. Surprisingly, the boy was calm even in the midst of this battle...like he was experienced in killing and death. With a few small yips, he called for five Fox Dragons to surround the young boy. With a yap, the Fox Dragons pounced at the human.

When Aldred saw the five Fox Dragons launch themselves, teeth first, towards him, he immediately used Tunnel and dove into the bottom of the earth. As the Fox Dragons land at where he was at just a few moments ago, they looked around in surprise. At this moment, Aldred emerged from the ground high into the air and aimed his body down towards the Fox Dragons below. As the Fox Dragons look up in shock, the last thing they saw was a flurry of sharp, mole-like claws raining down on them. Aldred had used Fury of the Berserker Mole. Within seconds, the five Fox Dragons were torn into pieces of flesh, bone, organs, and blood. Once Aldred landed, he looked towards Vulpiro and sneered.

Vulpiro was astounded by the prowess of this human. It seems he had underestimated him too much. Vulpiro threw away his pride and immediately charged towards the boy with his full strength of a King Tier 10 demonic beast. His speed was incredibly fast...but what he did not know was that Aldred was even faster. In the past few months, Aldred did not sit back and lazed around like an idiot. No, he trained with all his might...further strengthening, hardening, and sharpening his body using the Earth God Cultivation Technique. And with an accumulation of small successes, he was able to breakthrough two times...going past Core Condensing 3rd Stage and into Core Expanding 1st Stage. After reaching the peak of Core Condensing, he had finally created and condensed his core, which in his Qi Space was the size of a fully-grown pumpkin. Unlike a regular core, his core was not shaped completely spherical. It was shaped more like an egg. This confused Aldred since in his previous life, his core was spherical...in fact everyone's cores were spherical. Never in history had there been a non-spherical shaped core. Could this be a side-effect to being in a Magic World? Anyways, once Aldred reached Core Expanding, he was able to expand his core. The larger the condensed core expands to, the more pure his Qi would become...and thus the stronger and faster he would become. In addition, he would be able to heal wounds quickly because of the purity of his Qi.

Aside from making a few breakthroughs in cultivation, Aldred had also increased his movement speed and reflexes as well as the number of skills in his fist technique by two. These two new skills were badly named as Tempest and Raging Claw. Tempest was basically Aldred lunging forward towards an enemy and twisting his body speedily like a cyclone with his claw extended outwards above his head. Then, he would aim at the enemy's body and bore a hole through the body where he would emerge from the other side of the enemy's body. Raging Claw was an idea that Aldred came up on whim one day. He was doing his regular training sessions when he got frustrated with his bottleneck at the peak of Core Condensing 3rd Stage that he ferociously kicked at a tree. Now, Aldred had trained his body so that they were extremely strong, hard, and sharp and so, when his foot connected with the tree, his foot tore off a huge chunk of the tree. Surprised at the sight of half the tree's trunk missing, Aldred received a moment of inspiration...and that was how Raging Claw was born. In other words, to put it simply, Raging Claw was a move that uses the feet as alternative claws to attack.

When Aldred dodged the charging Fox Dragon, he quickly launched a Raging Claw towards Vulpiro's side. Sensing danger, Vulpiro hastily dodged to the side. Thanks to his incredible reflexes, he was able to dodge a fatal situation, however, he was still unable to fully escape from harm. Although he dodged the attack, the mere pressure of the Raging Claw, however, was able to claw away a small chunk of his flesh. With a stinging pain and constant blood loss, the King Tier demonic beast started to feel...fear. Even though there was a significant difference in their levels, Vulpiro still felt like he was battling a demonic beast at the level of Adult Tier 9 at the least.

Suddenly, a sharp cry emitted into the ears of the warriors. Everyone turned to the source of the cry. Some faces showed elation...and some were troubled. Apart from Aldred, Skaal, and a Toxic Razortail, the other Toxic Razortail warriors had all perished. However, their deaths were not in vain as they had managed to drag 14 Fox Dragons down with them. But even so, coupled with the 11 Fox Dragons that Aldred and Skaal killed, there were still 8 more Fox Dragons. Two of them were engaged in combat with Aldred and Skaal...however...the other six.... They...were inside the bunker!

9. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 40 - Scream

"What are you standing there for?! Go after them!" Skaal roared at the last remaining Toxic Razortail warrior, who quickly shook out of his daze and charged towards the bunker.

"Not so fast!" Ptera roared as she spat out a black smog-like substance that immediately propelled towards the running warrior.

The smog landed on the back of the Toxic Razortail, causing him to squirm in pain. The smog ate away his exoskeleton and into his flesh and organs. The Razortail collapsed where he started twitching uncontrollably. Seconds later, the Razortail stopped moving and it was clear to anyone that he was dead. Soon, the smog-like substance ate through everything until not a single bit of the Razortail was left. When Skaal saw this, he swallowed nervously. This was a high-level attack known as Smog of Gluttony. In the past, Fox Dragons were considered to be servants and worshippers of the Demon Emperor Gluttonous. After years of serving faithfully under this Demon Emperor, they were given benefits such as inferior versions of the Demon Emperor's skills. For instance, the Smog of Gluttony, if used by the Demon Emperor, would consume everything until nothing was left and would continue to consume other things until the Demon Emperor orders it to stop. The Smog of Gluttony that Ptera used only consumed one target until there was nothing left and would not consume other things.

"Hmph, if my memory serves me well, your Smog of Gluttony was an once-per-day skill. That is indeed fortunate for me."

"It's true I had used such a high-level skill against trash, but I still have a repertoire of other skills that are equally as powerful. You won't stand a chance against me."

"We'll see about that."

The two Giant Beasts continued to fight each other after that short exchange. Meanwhile, Aldred couldn't help but keep looking at the direction of the bunker. There were constant noises of screams and crashes coming from the bunker. Aldred hoped that Julia and the rest were safe.

"You're looking to die, eh? Do you even have the time to look elsewhere?" Vulpiro sneered as he spat out a fireball at Aldred.

Aldred flipped backwards in order to evade the attack. He needed to end this quickly. Without a moment of hesitation, Aldred dove deep within the earth using his skill Tunnel and roamed around trying to find a perfect opportunity to attack. Vulpiro, having seen the skill earlier, was prepared as he leapt to a nearby tree. Without Vulpiro's actual contact with the earth, Aldred was unable to sense where the Fox Dragon was. Having felt the Fox Dragon disappear from his range, Aldred knew that something had happened. However, Aldred did not panic or emerge to look for his enemy. He wasn't stupid or at least not when he's fighting. Given his battle experiences from both lives, Aldred could figure out that there was a strong possibility that the Fox Dragon may have jumped into a tree. But which tree? That was the question.

No...there was that solution. Aldred thought as he grinned. Although Vulpiro knew that Aldred could not detect him anymore and would soon emerge from the ground and thus show himself. However, he did not expect that Aldred and Skaal were brothers.

Aldred directed his thoughts to Skaal and asked. Skaal, where is that Vulpiro hiding? Which tree?

Skaal looked at where Vulpiro was and replied. He's at the tree right above you...a little to your right.

Ah, okay. Thanks brother.

No problem.

Having found out exactly where Vulpiro was, Aldred began his plan of attack. He quickly burrowed down until he was at least 50 meters below the tree that Vulpiro sat on. Then, using his new skill Tempest, he began his attack. He drilled upwards, through the earth and into the tree. Now, given how hard Aldred had trained and how much he had honed his skills to near perfection, he was able to drill into the tree while causing only the slightest, most minimal amount of disturbance. This disturbance was naturally felt by Vulpiro but he had naively dismissed it as trembles caused by the fierce fight between the Toxic Razortail and the Fox Dragon nearby. Now, if this battle was seen by anyone else, they would have assumed that Skaal and Ptera were on par with each other. However, Vulpiro knew Ptera since they were children and he knew that Ptera had the upper hand. Ptera was lauded in their family for having mastered the most skills of the demonic arts and from this battle, she had not even used half of them. Vulpiro grinned in satisfaction as he predicted what the outcome of the battle would be. However, it was too bad for him to not be able to predict the outcome of his battle with Aldred...well, correctly that is.

Suddenly, the tree below Vulpiro cracked and exploded outwards. Aldred emerged from within the tree and, not giving Vulpiro a chance to fly away, pierced his hand deep into the Fox Dragon's body. Vulpiro screamed an ear-piercing howl causing Ptera to flinch from her fight and look towards the source of the scream. As she tried to call out, Skaal pounced on her back, grabbed a hold of her wings with his pincers and bit at the Fox Dragon's neck. With a jerk of his head, he ripped off a chunk of her flesh. Then, Skaal threw away the dead Fox Dragon and spat out the flesh. He turned his head towards Aldred's battle.

Aldred drove Vulpiro into the ground, his hand still inside the Fox Dragon. As they crashed into the ground, Aldred had both of his feet on top of the Fox Dragon's wings, preventing him from flapping away. Vulpiro squirmed as he stared at Aldred with fear, their eyes meeting only intensified Vulpiro's fear...those eyes...they were like the Death himself. Every time Vulpiro tried to fire an attack, Aldred would twist his hand causing Vulpiro to scream in pain instead.

"What are you staring at, Skaal? Go help Julia!" Aldred shouted.

"Ah!" Skaal replied as he turned around and headed towards the bunker.

"My...father...is the s-strongest demonic beast...in all of the eastern Demonic Forests! He...won't let you get aw-kuaaaaaaa!" Vulpiro tried to threaten but had his insides twisted and torn by Aldred.

"Y-you...b-bastard..y-aaahhhhhhh!"

"I'll kill you...I'll k-uuwwaaahhh!"

"Please...no more...kill me...kill me now!."

"Haha, if that's what you want. Then, that's what you won't be getting." Aldred sneered as he pulled out Vulpiro's intestines and wrapped it around the Fox Dragon's neck.

With a fling of his arm, he sent the intestines and the dying Fox Dragon to a branch of another tree. The intestines hung on the tree and tightened around the Fox Dragon's neck. Slowly, Vulpiro suffocated to death by his own intestines before the significant loss of blood took his life. After making sure that the Fox Dragon had died, Aldred hurried over to the bunker to check on the situation. As he neared the bunker, a scream rang out.

"KUWAAAHAHAA!!"

It...that...that was Skaal's voice!