TV Filipino Drama

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by CheeseBread, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Absence

Absence Abs-kun.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.

2. SpiralGust

SpiralGust Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't watch dramas except Mexican ones when I was younger for some reason

3. kofi-ou

kofi-ou Hmmmm? Hhmm

Reading List:
    Link
    But if you're well versed in the history, dumb ancestors like Jose Protacio being glorified is so sickening. Japanese history is similar. But atleast they don't praise a Casanova and make the dumb fucker as the national hero.

4. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it the terrible dialogue, over-acting, cliché material, bad bad writing or all of the above?

5. FernwehDesu

FernwehDesu 『 The one who's reading this is an idiot 』Teehee~

Reading List:
    Link
    Comrade!!!

Maybe I got too influenced by Korean Dramas and Novels, but I think that our Filipino Dramas are too cringy... Unrealistic... Predictable... The special effects are too fake... Same plots... It's always the same couple too. I feel bad for the love teams because it will be difficult for them to have a relationship in real life that is not their partner, for sure, their fans will riot and popularity might take a hit.

In the end, it's been few years since I actually watched teleseryes. I tried watching the Sangre thing but I really could not help but throw comments... I'm also not fond of trends in the Philippines like........ Wait, I don't even know what the trends are.

I feel like I'm letting my own country down, forgive me TT

i-eat-novels-everyday likes this.
  6. CheeseBread

CheeseBread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont consider jose rizal as a hero though. I admire him for his books, his death is worthless. Philippines was sold to america 2 years later. I prefer Gregorio del Pilar.

7. kofi-ou

kofi-ou Hmmmm? Hhmm

Reading List:
    Link
    haha although he was a badass, in reality, he died a virgin. lol

8. d4saken

d4saken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pinoy drama are a total waste of time. A cancer that is dragging down Filipino culture to the lowest of the low. They don't even think anymore.

raiha88 likes this.
  9. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    wow ntr is legit there desu~

kofi-ou likes this.
  10. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    The ones in the afternoon are all stupid shit. Especially Wild Flower. They wouldnt be in that shithole of a plot if the stupid father just keep his mouth shut and keep his head down.
    Seriously, you're a newbie on the area and you want to fight the big boss that governs that area??? Even in real life theres no hero, its survive and live.

11. kofi-ou

kofi-ou Hmmmm? Hhmm

Reading List:
    Link
    lol actually he's the same as Little boy Jose hahaha. Fucking playboys.

12. kofi-ou

kofi-ou Hmmmm? Hhmm

Reading List:
    Link
    Raping is as easy as ever~!

13. CheeseBread

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, media company here in the Philippines considers us filipinos as stupid. Lol

14. Yukihito

Yukihito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    raiha88 likes this.
  15. Frixx

Frixx Active Handsome Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DUDE!!!! I FEEL THE SAME!!! This Filipino dramas are so trash that i cringe every moment... i mean... make it more realistic... the scenes and scripts they make are too unreal and so old. this trash are meant for people who love romance with passion... because they'll even watch trash like this.... I hate how the teenagers think today... all they do is love and stuffs like that, that makes me cringe so hard!!!.

raiha88 likes this.
  16. taba1212

taba1212 Unemployed

Reading List:
    Link
    Typical Filipino Drama..

MC is the missing child of someone poor (could be either the father or mother) who were lost after birth, adopted by (either abusive or a good family/parents that are poor) then the MC falls in love with someone rich which is a mutual kind of love buuut the parents doesn't like our MC cause he/she is from a poor family and then the real biological parent comes back (rich and powerful because of plot which always never explained clearly how) this parent will be looking for the lost child (our MC) and plans revenge to the people who made his/her life miserable and separated with our MC. The antagonists dies, but at the end revives back and then dies again.

17. CheeseBread

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah, but being killed by your countrymen during those time... meh

18. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I only watch one, well more like half watch it cause christine hermosa. Twas pangako sayo or something. That was like when i was just wee lil kid.

19. CheeseBread

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I watch thai, korean, japanese and chinese dramas. Heck even bollywood is so much better than filipino movies.

20. raiha88

raiha88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very well said!!
    I also cannot stand them, they are 99.99% predictable.
    It's not even a love triangle it mostly is a love polygon. hahahaha

The female MC comes from a poor family, based on story she should be a bit uncultured and should look like a typical Filipino but lo and behold, the female actress portraying the MC has very fair skin, looks mestiza (mix of western and filipino features), has rebonded hair that looks so sleek. As the story progresses, the female will get more beautiful and will get successful/rich, wears all those designer clothes and accessories to boot. Conflict with love rival will escalate to cat fights and verbal insults but only the female rival is allowed to cuss.

The male MC will be the typical mestizo/rich-looking/english-speaking guy who is either a boss of a company or a playboy from an elite family. Will fall in love with the female MC like those prince charming in Disney movies. His mother will always be the glamorous diva who always wear gowns and blinding jewels and who usually prefers to speak in English. (BTW, characters speak in English but with noticeable Tagalog accent except when the male MC lived in abroad)

There will always be a sidekick to both all main characters. They will be the comic relief of the story.
    The sidekickof the female MC will either be a gay man or the typical girl-next-door.

The female MC or those belonging to the oppressed team will 99.9% of the time utter the line: "hayop ka! ___"(you beast)

When the male MC runs or is in a hurry, 80% of the time you will see no sweat on the forehead

The mother of the female MC usually was the mistress of some rich dude and was not favored by dude's mother

The female MC is usually an airhead. Will display courage infront of the love rival. Will be dense in recognizing those admirers who is either the best friend or friend of the male MC

Filipino drama writers will try to display "complex" characters but really they do not have complex personalities but rather their relationship with each other is so complex that you will need Dijkstra's algorithm to solve them.

I have not seen any filipino soap that has a character correctly portrayed as cunning as chinese villains nor as intelligent as someone having 130+ IQ.

If the female MC is experiencing her life in the real world, I would not like to be her friend as my life will be in danger due to the female love rival.

AurumGold likes this.