Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by RickyTheKind, Feb 20, 2017.

?

Are you Gonna play Final Fantasy 7 Remake?

1. YES

29 vote(s)
    47.5%
  2. NO

16 vote(s)
    26.2%
  3. Im looking forward to Sephiroth killing Aerith again

12 vote(s)
    19.7%
  4. Im gonna play Kingdom Hearts 3 instead

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  1. Claire the Lunatic

Claire the Lunatic Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    .hack franchise are still alive?

Hmm... I foresee myself not playing this at all. If only it is possible for 3 person multiplayer here (with each has their own scene).

2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    dunno only play the game series as for anime just the first one~

pietothesky likes this.
  3. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a really big fan of FF but everything since 12 has been rather poor. If they had tried to keep the battle style more traditional with an ATB I would be really interested (or even something similar to the combat in X-2 which was great) but the remake looks a bit hack and slash. I will wait until it comes out and then gauge the reaction from more traditional fans of the series.

Honestly, the bits I would look forward to the most would be the golden saucer games. Snowboarding, and the chocobo racing in particular could be really amazing with some flashy graphics. I had my hopes up for chocobo racing in 13-2 though and they managed to make that a snoozefest so we'll see.

It's a good idea from a business standpoint because you can rope in both older and newer fans of the series with the same game, but it is going to be criticized if it doesn't live up to the original. Hard ask.

pietothesky likes this.
  4. chochocobo

chochocobo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The games looks fun, and I know FF7 is good, so I might end up playing at again for the graphics. However, I wouldn't be too optimistic about the game coming out any time soon. The director of the original FF7, Yoshinori Kitase, said that they were still working on the trailer that was shown in E3 2015, which was the opening sequence for FF7. Furthermore Square keeps implying that there will be episodic releases, which might make sense since the original FF7 was on two discs, but there's as good chance that it'll be split into more than two halves. Maybe something like the Telltale games where they have multiple season? Square also talked about filler between episodes which is not too encouraging. Square also said that some of the dev team for Dissidia and some other devs have finished the base for the combat system and that it might be playable by end of 2017. You have to keep in mind that it was first revealed in 2015. The art director said he hadn't seen any of the remake more than the public had 8 months after trailer. The PC version might come out in 2018, but that's highly unlikely, especially since it looks like the console version will come out in 2018 as well. Furthermore the director for the FF7 Remake, Tetsuya Nomura, has a bad rep. He was the former director for FF15, which began development in 2006, but was eventually replaced by Hajime Tobata. It wasn't until a restructuring in December of 2013 when Tetsuya was replaced by Tobata, that the game began to see progress. Even then, the team barely made the release date for FF15 after numerous delays. What's ominous is the fact that Nomura is heading the FF7 Remake and KH3. What more, the fact that only an image of FF7 Remake was released for FF7's 20th anniversary does not bode well for its development.

udonsage likes this.
  5. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I know what it's about I just haven't bought it yet.
    I like the .Hack games too.

6. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    You make a good point. Maybe we'll be waiting for the 25th Anniversary to see FF7 Remake actually launched. And why on earth would you let one guy do two flagship titles at the same time? He should be focusing his efforts on one thing if anything at all.

udonsage and chochocobo like this.
  7. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I have mixed feelings about the remake, I really liked the original but most of the spin offs and sequels felt unnecessary and not properly connected to the main story, felt as if they were retconning things to make it fit.
    The remake to me seem to be going down the same path with the rumours about story changes, and I'm not so sure it will change for the better according to my own taste at least.
    As far as graphics and gameplay is concerned I'm quite uninterested in what they do with if the story isn't done properly.
    I wish they would do something like FFIX again(not a remake of it) instead, a fall back to the older themes in the franchise without forgetting to tell a new and good story.

8. Fairy-chan

Fairy-chan 『Appreciates Cuteness』

Reading List:
    Link
    Weren't they going to change the gameplay of it?

I didn't see the exact plans, but if it's anything like FF XV, I surely won't play.

*sigh* I miss the gameplay of the FFX or earlier...

9. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...... perhaps i will make donation chapters so I can buy the game.... LoL

udonsage likes this.
  10. chochocobo

chochocobo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My thoughts exactly, but to be fair, he has directed a majority of the KH games starting from the first one. However, it rubs me the wrong way to see that he's heading the development of two of the most anticipated Square games in the last decade or so. Like you said, two flagship titles? That's just asking for a bad time

LordCorwin likes this.
  11. udonsage

udonsage [Underpaid Software Developer] [Lazy Novelist]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm interested in playing FF 7 remake but the game-play in the trailer reminds me of FF 15. So, I'm thinking it will follow a similar concept. Additionally, If I remember correctly they are using the unreal engine for FF 7 remake, I wonder if that means they don't plan on using their luminous engine anymore for future ff games.

Also, the voice actor for barret sounds similar to the voice actor who played Jet in the English dub of cowboy bebop.

12. Faust

Faust NUF Silent Ninham

Reading List:
    Link
    .hack last game is android game that already end it service on december last year

13. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Nomura played an instrumental role in the original FF7 though, and Yoshinori Kitase will be producing it. You can say that Nomura has a bad rep but he was key in the success of FF6/7/8 and also designed the characters in 10. Even if he did do a few things wrong in 15 (which we wont know anyway) you can't say that he has a bad rep.

I don't have much faith in the remake, but it makes sense to try and get as much the old FF7 group back together as they can.

As for directing two games at once, it's pretty difficult to say anything about it because we have no idea what they're doing behind the scenes. There's no way that the remake is going to come out anytime soon anyway and that's fine.

14. Ravelord

Ravelord Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Played crisis core on PSP, beautiful.
    Would be great if they weren't as slow as they were with original FF7 to port it on PC xD