Discussion Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Khatulistiwa, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, it's still piracy. The developer no longer producing or selling a product doesn't mean they've given up their copyright of it. Rather, afaik there are no legal loopholes that recognize a situation like that. It's still theirs - if they don't want to sell it anymore, that doesn't mean you can 'steal' it now. The law doesn't change.

Besides... PS2 games might not be produced and sold as such any more, but many of them, and even older games, are still experiencing remakes to be resold on newer platforms. Or not remade at all, and resold on platforms that can emulate them. You can directly buy many old PS2 games from the Playstation Store today and run them on newer hardware.

It'd be kind of nonsensical to say it's totally cool to download and emulate PS2 games on your computer when Sony is trying to sell them on the PS3/4. --- https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ps2-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PS2GAMESONPS4G
    (This list isn't all-inclusive. There are many more you can only play on the PS3, but I can't find a list for that... I can only find them through direct searching for them. E.g. https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...sic)/cid=UP9000-NPUD21782_00-0000000000000000 )

AliceShiki and NeaxD like this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Makes sense! I also googled some more and got a better idea of the whole picture and... Well, yeah it's illegal I guess... Though the amount of care a company will give to people emulating games that are completely unplayable otherwise is... Well small.

As they do make those remasters though, it kinda wants to make me play the official version instead... If they don't change mechanics or speeches that is.

I personally prefer to play the NES version of FF2 instead of the GBA one because of how easy it became to get HP on the GBA for example. Or how the characters have names and personality on the DS version of FF3, but are blank slates on the NES one... Differences in the game make me turn towards emulating instead of going for newer remakes.

3. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    For FF remakes, imo you should get those on Steam. At least the ones that come with fast forwarding... I love FF games, but god those fights drag on when you're triggering them every few steps while trying to explore and they aren't over in just a couple of attacks.

Most emulators can fast forward too, though. So there's that.

Some of the PC ports were also ported from shoddy mobile games, so there's also that...

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, it depends on the game itself... Like, FF7 is getting a complete overhaul AFAIK, including story and battle system... I couldn't care less about a game that is not the same, just retains the same characters (names).

For the earlier games (1-6) I prefer the emulators because they would probably make an HD remake and maybe try to game more smooth or something... Which is not what I want when I play those old games...

For the newer ones (10-13), I have the original versions on my consoles (though my PS2 broke... >.>), so I kinda don't need the steam versions much... (I did hear something about Square finally releasing the decent version (the one with characters that are actually different from one another and a bunch of improvements) of FFXII to the western public, so I may buy that one.

Aside from that... There is only FFVIII and FFIX to get through steam... Which I can, it's not like I'm that desperate for money. (Alright, I am, but this amount won't make a difference because my salary simply isn't big enough to get what I want... So first, get a decent job, worry about money later... Sooner or later 2/5th of a minimum wage stop being enough for you to live... >.>)

But yeah, Fast forward is great! Hooray for fast forwarding! \(^^)/
    I remember exploiting a bug on the NES version of FF2, in which I could just insert a command without executing it to get stat ups... So I was like...

*enables fast forward*
    *press A 3 times*
    *press B 3 times*
    *repeats 100 (105 to 110 actually, to guarantee I didn't mess up on the counting) times*
    *kill mobs*
    *stat up*
    *disables fast forward*
    *cheers*

5. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    For FFXII, it's not a new version. It's just releasing an old version that we never got because we aren't japanese. If you want to emulate it, I think there was a fan patch a long ass time ago. So you don't have to care about that particular release...

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I already watch its all cut scene youtube video...
    I aint gonna play a spoilered game..
    <_<

Westeller likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I know! That's why I said they are finally releasing it, because it's been out for who knows how long in Japan!! >.<

I never searched much around for the fan patches, and by the time I have time to play games again, FFXVII will probably be around already, so I might as well buy the version on steam.

8. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Just make sure to get it on sale.

No point buying something like the FFXII re-release at a price tag of $50 when it's more expensive than the fucking original release was, even before you say anything about it just being a re-release of an old game. That's the same for many FF re-releases.

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh?

Steam is that expensive on other countries?

Like... If I make the conversion, any AAA game for console on my country comes at about 80-90$... Even after a year or two, it's rare to see them drop below 60-70$.

On steam though, save for the first month or so of AAA games (which come at around 70$), prices are usually on the margin of 30-40$ for expensive games and 5-20$ for 95% of the games... Considering that I wouldn't pay for a FFXII release on launch since... Well, I don't buy anything on launch, I think I could get it for about 20$ or less.

Fun fact: PS2 games on my country were about 60-70$ for pretty much the entire time before PS3 was a thing, games cheaper than that margin were those super unknown games that nobody bought.

Edit: Actually, 60-70$ on the current conversion rate, the dollar was weaker back then, so the price should be close to100-150$... >.>

10. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

FFIX, originally released for the Playstation in 2000. Now, seventeen years later, on Steam for $21.

This is over a year after it was added to Steam.

FFX/X-2 is $30, also over a year since it was added to Steam, with the original release being in 2001.

Yeah.... I call that completely outrageous.

FFXII isn't available on PC, with no announced release date. If you want it, it's only on PS4 right now, and the price tag is $59.99 ... and this price has not dropped in two months. On the Playstation Store, it probably never will. The Playstation Store has sales, sure, but expecting old games to drop in price is dreaming.

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree! The price is ridiculous! \(^^)/

But well, I'm kinda used to paying outrageous prices for games, so I don't mind it that much...

Like... Ever heard of Touhou Genso Rondo? I bought that game on the pre-sale, a limited edition. The price was 50$+22.50$ for shipping.

Well, on a store in my country, the price of the normal version was 79.14$... Yeah... More expensive than the limited edition with shipping from the US... Did I mention that the game arrived at my home 3 days after the release? Like... Before my PS4 arrived, so I couldn't even play the game?

So... I know money is important and all that, but I'm so used to paying outrageous prices, that I just don't care that much...
    *cries* Well, at least I can buy it for the PS4... I would have another use for it aside from touhou games and disgaea 5.

12. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, typo. $49.99. Slightly better. .. anyway.. There are other good games for the PS4! Like Persona 5! Gogogogo!

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hooray for being slightly better! \(^^)/

Oh, persona... It's been on my "to play" list since forever... I have yet to play any of the games though... orz

My list keeps on getting bigger, and my free time doesn't increase to compensate!!!! >.<

14. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy ghosts!!
    Are you fucking serious ?

15. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't need to play them in order or anything. The games are 100% standalone with no real connection to the previous installments. At least, four and five are. There might be some firmer connections between the earlier games. There is also a couple of recurring characters, but it isn't like, a chronological recurrence. It's more like a cameo.

... Anyway, just play Persona 5 directly. Like right now. You'll love it!

Yeah.. they don't even try..... FFXIII on PC is bad, too, but not THAT bad. What's next? FFXVI at 250GBs??? FFXVII at 350!?

16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I know I know! >.<

Still, I need the time! Time is always the problem! I barely have any time to read novels these days, time for gaming is too hard to find!!!

Well, I cooooooould sacrifice NUF time for that, but... Nah, not an option.

Westeller likes this.
  17. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if they really make ff15 on pc, I guess they will split it into few chapters/episodes just like they will do to ff7 remake

18. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link