LCD Forty Millenniums of Cultivation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    That's where post-graduate studies comes in. He still needs to expand the Refining Dept, the goal is to make GDWI the [Holy Land of Refiners] after all.

2. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 173: Ah. This is why he should have just made the Classical 13 swords from the [Thirteen Ancient Sword Blueprints].

3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And this is why market research is important.
    I'm not sure. They may not even measure up the the current standards for training swords. Also, the materials for making them may not exist anymore. It has been 40k years after all.

4. sushicracker

sushicracker Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a spoiler thread for this novel? Kinda want to do it.

5. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    If he gets knocked flying into the portal underneath the city and gets stranded across the galaxy, I'll be pissed.

6. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I think about it, only his Sticky Bombs will sell well due to it's versatility.

EDIT: Chapter 174 - Oh, I was wrong.

Chapter 174: - Since he used to be a mechanic/street racer on Earth, I wonder if he's going to use the shell of the [Armored Snapping Turtle] to modify the department's Turtle Car?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how many credits he lost in that transaction.

Also wondering how the Refining Department's students were ever expected to acquire enough credits to graduate with this system. Their goods obviously can't compete with store bought goods, and if they focus solely on their craft (as they should), then they wouldn't be strong enough to go to the arena, much less the Wastelands. Its also pretty obvious that things wouldn't break down frequently enough for them to be able to earn the credits that way even if such work would pay a decent number of credits, which it wouldn't since they wouldn't have the experience necessary for the school (or anyone else) to trust them with the higher paying jobs. All of those would go to outsiders or (maybe) faculty.

So, if the lower tier weapons are all made using the grass-roots style, why is it so hard for his school's graduates to find jobs? It sounds like the other methodology (name escapes me) would only be applicable to higher end goods with far fewer customers, who would only need a relatively small number of refiners working on their behalf. Anyone planning to mass-produce low tier weapons (which is likely more profitable than the higher tier weapons), should greatly prefer GDW's refiners.

8. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Key word "consumables". No one will spend money on manpower on what can be automated for mass produced goods. As for maintenance of production machinery, factory bosses just hire non-registered refiners (aka modders = Li Yao's old job) on the cheap.

9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    good~ now he can think what poor student will need on combat~

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You still need people to develop those consumables. Do you know how much chip manufacturers pay their researchers to come up with better methods to cook them, or new flavors? Its not a small amount. The same idea applies to cosmetics, shoes, clothing, grenades and basically anything that people are willing to buy more than once, especially if they're willing to buy it more than once a week. There's huge business to be done there, and tons of money to be made. Any minor advancement can result in millions or more worth of profit if it gives you an edge over your competitors.

11. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Research at that level is still not considered important due to the Elite Faction's Refiner philosophy and dominance in the Refiner Community mentioned in Chapter 129. Graduates of schools aligned with the Grassroots faction come out ending up in menial labour. In short, no one in power cares hence the gap for Li Yao to shine.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Which really doesn't make sense. Merchants, at least the ones that get stupid rich, don't give a damn about convention when its preventing them from making amounts of money so massive that they probably wouldn't be able to physically store it even if they owned their own moons. Unless the government is actively suppressing the grassroots faction for reasons that defy sane explanation, its quite difficult to believe that no one would hire them. I could see no one hiring them for what they were worth, since that's pretty normal for employers, but not hiring them at all, or not hiring them for jobs that matter just doesn't make sense, especially when the DSU type graduates probably wouldn't be willing to lower themselves to design cheap weapons.

13. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Hence PLOT. Don't think so much about it, you'll give yourself a headache. :blobpats:

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but I still like plot to make sense. Sadly, those stories don't tend to last as long.

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    da author tend to do that~ just look at when MC insulted on past lead to he switch school~

16. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    MC has changed his name? :rolleyes:

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    For a moment there, I thought they'd split up. It turns out that the MC is just being a selfish a**, which makes far more sense.

I can't help but think that the cultivators would be doing a lot better in the war if they emphasized group action rather than solo action. Instead of giving bonus credits for solo'ing, they should be deducting them. That way, people would actually have to learn how to fight together, and would have much better odds of surviving on real battlefields.

18. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was due to overspecialization thanks to Military Admin-Type Cultivators going to the Military Academy and GDWI's lesser departments not being able to produce any that are comparable.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure what you mean.

20. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of the cultivators in GDWI are Battle-Type Cultivators (they only know how to hit things) the Admin-Type Cultivators specializing in directing large groups of people mentioned in Chapter 40 & demonstrated in Chapter 58 go to the other Universities. The Admin-Type Cultivators specializing in tactics seem to be missing in this battlefield.