LCD Forty Millenniums of Cultivation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, Dec 20, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, well that seems like a major oversight really. You don't just need to train officers, you also need to train soldiers capable of following those officers. Especially since the students of the GDWI risk their lives frequently as a part of their educations. Their odds of surviving to graduation would go up dramatically if they were being led by competent people, or even just operating in groups with good teamwork, even if they didn't have an official leader.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be very surprised if this doesn't lead to another round of mocking-then-admiring the MC. That said, I wonder if they'll have anything constructive to say about his use of firearms.

3. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Most likely give him this Basic Gun Proficiency Manual and tell him to cultivate it instead of "Spray & Pray".

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly didn't think that would ever be brought up again. At most, I thought it might be brought up if he met the kid himself, but he seemed like too minor of a character for that to be likely.

They should pass him a low-grade gun technique manual. Something available to the public, but not complete trash. His power is their power for the time being after all.

I don't think what he does is quite at the level of Spray and Pray anymore. He did put that laser sight on for a reason after all. Still, I agree with you about the book. I kinda doubt it'll happen though.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why it took him so long to ask.

6. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Did not watch John Woo movies.

7. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought Firearm Cultivators had more to do with Spear Cultivators due to the spear/gun pun? Or even Alchemists since gunpowder is a product of Chinese Alchemy?

Oh that's what Sword Pills are, I always wondered since discriptions were vague and non-existant across many other works.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if anyone took this opportunity to rob the bank.

9. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    The Demonic Nest being in the Financial District and the Demonic Energy being thickest at the Stock Exchange...This is a Wall Street joke?

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda hope this arc ends soon. Battles in the vast majority of these series are extremely boring. There's never any real possibility that the MC will lose or suffer any form of significant damage. Honestly, the lower the stated odds are, the more boring it becomes since the author will continually drone on about how bad the odds are while the MC kicks everything's ass anyway, usually experiencing some sort of major breakthrough in the process. Which is of course followed by the adulation of the meaningless side characters.

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    come one end it with hasta la vista baby~:sleep:

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't it say that his hands were crushed? How is he operating a gun like that without both of his hands being in extremely good condition?

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Now for the important questions: did the camera manage to survive all that? Did it record everything properly? Exactly how much is a Demon General worth in terms of points? And, does that value scale based on how low the cultivator's cultivation is?

14. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    The camera function should work fine by storing footage in a cache and uploading once network connections are restored. It was mentioned that there are credit bonuses for jumping levels a while back.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason, this story gives me a strong dystopian vibe. Like Starship Troopers or something.

16. robotical

robotical Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a surprise as this novel is heavily influenced by Warhammer 40,000: "a tabletop miniature wargame produced by Games Workshop, set in a dystopian science fantasy universe (from Wikipedia)."

The title reflects this game: 40,000 = Forty Milleniums (should be Millenia actually, but...), the universes share a lot, there's an Emperor of Man who was betrayed and is currently missing, the technology is very similar, etc. The uncharitable will call it directly copying/stealing, others see it as an hommage to the original work, but what makes this story cool is how the author manages to merge all the tech into xianxia tropes very seamlessly. It is not like the other stories which just layer a glossing of scifi over a xianxia setting, and you can tell the author is a big fan of tech and 40K.

Trent and Someguy666 like this.
  17. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Propaganda Pieces = Yawnfest.

MC improving himself academically and physically is more interesting.

18. Astrum91

Astrum91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Is there a magical equipment which could accurately display the information on demon beasts with one scan, and is also convenient to look at so that it would not affect the fight?"

Ah yes, the infamous pokedex. If there isn't one, he's about to make it and get all the credits he needs without even having to hunt anymore.

Trent and Someguy666 like this.
  19. sketchn98

sketchn98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im pretty sure the mc just invented the scouter from DBZ with the functionality of a pokedex.

20. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Region limited pokedex shaped like a Cyberlink.