LCD Forty Millenniums of Cultivation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    So their is more than 2 types of energy? Interesting

2. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the Raws - standard Xianxia progression up to at least Yuan Yang level.

3. Pork_Supreme

Pork_Supreme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still pretty confused over his refusal of the wasteland school. He has his knowledge of ancient crafting that he'll unlock more and more of as he cultivates and he's already done a good job learning to be an artificer on his own. Why kill himself to go to a school for artificers? Can't he just learn on his own? Has it been stated anywhere that the schools or w/e have to give out the crafting level titles?

4. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    He has ancient knowledge but not modern, and he wants to combine both and become a even bigger artificer than ou yezi, so that's why he wants to go to the artificer university, but as we all know due to his idol and ding ling dang Lang he will change his decision and go to their university

mrttao likes this.
  5. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All the ancient knowledge is very primitive and outdated. its prior to the invention of actual magical engineering. prior the invention of computers and the internet. prior to the invention of interlocking parts (modern machines are made of hundreds of parts, most of which are standardized. ancient engineering were all a single whole).

Its actually the other way around, his ancient knowledge of bodybuilding is more than sufficient for him to learn bodybuilding on his own. It is engineering he will need help with. Of course he could ultimately learn both on his own, it is just not going to be as easy.

Regardless the reason he is so stuck on it is because all of his formative years under his adoptive father has lead to it, his promise to his old man, his dreams, his flying sword with a more advanced AI than exists in current tech

6. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 81

Thank goodness they are moving back to conventional cultivator stages. Still the translation was a bit off on two things:-

1. Knife/knives = Sabre(s)
    2. A big person and a small person = an adult and a child or brat

7. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there's definitely something being lost in translation here. With a name like Fiend Blade, I had always assumed that he used swords. Now it sounds like "blade" wasn't really a sufficient translation of whatever word was used.

8. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually "Blade" usually refers to daos/sabres/broadswords.

9. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it is a translation issue so much as just a stupid distinction.

It is very common for asian works to make a huge fuss about the huge differences between a katana, a western sword, and an arabian curved sword... and pretending they are each something completely and utterly different with no similarities to the point of being completely unrelated daos.

The translator even links to some of those asian sabers on wikipedia and some other site which clearly clarifies it... it is a completely normal sword.

10. ashish50990

ashish50990 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translator here,
    As everyone wanted it, I've changed the part with the blade to saber. I thought a blade suited better with Fiend Blade.
    Enjoy!!

mrttao likes this.
  11. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    Will you not update the earlier chapters regarding the new names of cultivation levels? And what about apotheosis? Will it not be changed?

mrttao likes this.
  12. ashish50990

ashish50990 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And hence the reason 2 release a week, we are going through previous chapter nd changing the terms. Some common terms will be like, Essence or essence energy or soul energy to Spiritual energy
    Fiend beast to demon beast
    artificer to refiner
    spirit actualization quotient to spirit root development quotient
    and some higher cultivation level mentioned in chapter 6.
    Apotheosis I'm still thinking for a name for it, as the actual translation would be Spirit Transformation Stage instead of god transformation. So I'm thinking if I could come up with a better term.

13. warlord212

warlord212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't believe so. Ancient cultivators reached heights modern cultivation has really yet to reach. However they were less organized and straight about it. So different sects seemed to have different paths? Not sure haha, but that's what I get out of it. Modern cultivation is more narrow for the individual as in more specialization, however they aren't as singularly as powerful (yet).

14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    perhaps it have something with many tech and knowledge lost on battle ~ I do agree with modern more specific cuz modern emphasis on practical~ just that memory about Ou Yezi( maybe it's his name the oldman from craft guild) about body building for crafter already perhaps similar for military standard, not to mention time machine......... wth! still it's early on story so not much comparison about old way tech and modern tech~

15. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, Fiend Blade sounds better than Fiend Sabre. A translation note is fine.

16. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is simply not true.
    1. Ancient cultivators were all warriors. modern cultivators come in 5 types, including administrators, researchers, etc.
    2. Ancient cultivators built every item as a single whole, analog style. Modern cultivators engineer digital creations, with pretty much everything having a control chip.
    3. Ancient cultivators did not have magic trains.
    4. ancient cultivators did not have magitech spaceships
    5. ancient cultivators did not have the advanced medical technology of modern times (where anything short of death or soul injury is easily and quickly curable. ex: crippling injuries)
    6. ancient cultivators did not have computers
    7. ancient cultivators did not have the internet.
    8. ancient cultivators did not have a holodeck

To make an analogy, imagine that you got possessed by leonardo da vinci, you would have an excellent foundation to build upon. but you wouldn't be "more advanced" than modern tech

17. warlord212

warlord212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always found it to compare the ancient cultivators with the ones in World of Cultivation. But one singular cultivation style. Like they had great power in their artifacts, but they were not complex like moving parts. But the ancients did unite the 3600 sectors or something like that, so they could travel the stars(?).

18. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't need a spaceship for that, can just use a flying sword and a high enough cultivation to fly in space with your body

19. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi I just caught up to the latest chapter and I was wondering about something. Would you mind letting us know the reasoning behind the choice of yuanying instead of nascent soul or perhaps origin soul stage? Because although everyone mostly understands the meaning behind the term yuanying but it is sort of out of place when the other cultivation stages are in English and this one is in pinyin-ish;

Deathblades reasoning for nascent soul instead of yuanying and I think etvolare from volarenovels uses origin stage for nascent in sovereign of the three realms.

Just out of curiosity, of course you can also see it as something else...

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  20. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Using pinyins for terms where English equivalent exists is the best way to ruin the reading experience.

mrttao likes this.