From Aladin to NU

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Underload, Sep 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    So, the journey probably started from my childhood days, when one of our regional channels SAHARA used to show aladin. Yes, aladin. I was probably 7 or 8 at that time and thats where the story starts.

It was an one hour show, if i remember correctly and other than plaing contra and other 6-8bit games like those, Aladin was my only get away from school and tutions. I remember watching dragon ball z at that time too, but i was probably 10 by that time and they only showed until frieza came up.

Then came cartoon network and Tom and jerry, but i wasn't crazy about cartoons by that time. Time passed and we shifted from mountains to city, and in came Animax.

I watched cowboy bee bop, another anime with crazy big breasted girls fighting in space and when i was 15, Bleach.

It was bleach which made me look up anime on internet, but that had to wait a long time too. For some reason Animax got banned and my bleach craving stopped and went by two years of no anime.

Then i turned 18, and i got internet. The first thing i searched was episodes of dragon ball z and you can't imagine how happy i was seeing more than 5 seasons of Goku screaming. Then i looked up bleach and just as i was thinkin I would get to see those 40 pending episodes, Wiki hit me with suprise and i saw that i had more than 200 episode to catch up.

after fiishing bleach i watched one piece, naruto and many other like them and i think it was at that time when i completed my binge and wanted to read ahead did i stat reading manga.

And once i started reading manga, i stopped watching anime. Years went by and i clicked upon LMS manhua.
    it only had twenty some chapterrs by then and i loved it. like always i wanted to read ahead and saw someone mentioning about the LMS web novel.
    i who didn't like reading at that time waited for three weeks and slowly read the chapters, but curiosity soon took over me and i finally clicked the link and started reading novles and now here we are.

Now i read all day, wait for new chapters, read new stories, write in broken english, and tell strangers my life story.

Cohran, Akaeye, ronueda and 10 others like this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It's 'a whole new world'.

Akaeye, mir, Chiiiiiiiii and 2 others like this.
  3. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
    Too weak I remember watching tiger mask on my childhood

4. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds similar with a few shows/movies flipped, or missing.
    Akira, Ninja Scroll, Lain serial Experiments, Ghost in the Shell. Trigun...
    But it all started with Pole Position and Speed Racer for me. Maybe a few years earlier than you.

5. Cryotic

Cryotic Nora's Psychic◈Nora's Silly Wife◈春雷◈暗いよ

Reading List:
    Link
    my first animes are DBZ, Daimos, Fushigi Yuugi, Yuyu Hakusho, Flame of recca and Inu Yasha \o/ ahh~ the nostalgia~ TV stations here keep replaying those series up to now

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN and gokal14 like this.
  6. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    All roads eventually end here. Whether you deviate from your path does not matter as the new one shall also lead to NUF! The only thing that actually matters is how long one walks on such a path.

7. Tsaimath

Tsaimath Otter Madness!

Reading List:
    Link
    So?
    Do you want to start a self-help group, sitting around in a circle, moping?
    Novelholics Anonymous?
    I fail to see a point

mir, Goldsaif and MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN like this.
  8. zenla

zenla { Totally human being} {Kingdom building fanatic}

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh we humans are in constant of pursuit of new things. One year novels another anime and another taking over the world... until reality hits at least but who cared at that point.

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN likes this.
  9. 12300

12300 [How many sheep can Snorlax count?]

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Good for you?

10. gokal14

gokal14 Sky King

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk if you did it on purpose or not but the tag for this thread is spelled wrong. I'm assuming you were going for "story" not "stoy". Just thought I would point that out

11. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    I think, I kinda started reading novels because of LMS, Mad Dog and Douluo Dalu... mainly DD.

some things of my childhood I want to say:
    I'm free! Free from the spell of those diabolical Teletubbies!

mir, Sircus and MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN like this.
  12. schmidtcooper

schmidtcooper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't help myself

13. Emperor avalon

Emperor avalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You people and your abbreviations... :cautious: what's LMS please ?

14. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Being a loner while growing up and sick. This caused me to be focused towards staying inside.

Collected Pokemon cards. Had an old PS1 and played tomb raider. Then moved on up to PS2 when I was in second grade. From there, I got a Gameboy and moved onto pokemon the game. I watched he cartoons, such as Tom and Jerry, Pokemon, and my all time favorite, Static Shock.

As I got older, about middle school, my only friends were the weirdoes that watched anime every night. I followed by example and watched toonami Jetstream. Here I saw Samurai Jack and Inuyasha. Then Naruto appeared. I didn't watch too much because I liked to sleep.

It wasn't until I was in my second year of highschool that I truly got into anime and manga. MegaMan and Pokemon were big for me and I watched all the mainstream anime off of Crunchyroll. There went my highschool life. (Not that I had one to begin with...)

Then, I caught up. I purchased a year's worth of shounen jump and found new favorites. I watched old anime and read old manga. However, I tended to go more for anime. Then...I caught up on almost all of my favorite kinds. So I switched to manga. Then I found LMS, just like OP.

Boom. After that is the same as your journey.

15. Necessity

Necessity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not the best song in aladin but I do believe in whenever you go somewhere new(or when starting a new minecraft server),you need to sing"A whole new world" and ofcouse if there is someone else their then they have go "Don't you dare close your eyes".
    Honestly any song with the genie in can IMO beat it.

elengee likes this.
  16. LysUltima

LysUltima Riichi! Tsumo! Toitoi! Suuankou!?

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's mine:

Years ago, when I didn't have anything to do in elementary school, I started watching Pokemon. I watched maybe 20 episodes of DBZ because all my friends knew about it... At that time, the only thing I knew about Japan was that it got nuked and "good morning" in Japanese is pronounced like Ohio. Heck, I didn't even know that I was half-Japanese at the time...

A couple of years pass, and I find Fairy Tail on the internet. Another year passes and my MAL completed section reached ~120. By that point, I was reading a couple of LNs on Baka-Tsuki, Nanodesu, and Skythewood (because no second seasons of certain anime), yet I didn't know what NU was except for the fact that it was linked to on Baka-Tsuki. Fast-forward a half-year. Dropped watching anime~ Addicted to LNs~ Fast-forward 3 months. Randomly clicked on the Baka-Tsuki link to here.

17. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
  18. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I was basically saying that NUF is a whole new world. To be honest he kind of peaked at the big breasted ladies in space and then went downhill from there.

19. Necessity

Necessity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The animation for "A whole new world" would have been really interesting if those clouds interacted with them in the proper way. I always think of this for some reason when I watch it.

20. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link