Recommendations Game element in RRL?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by crow14, Oct 20, 2017.

1. crow14

crow14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With romance if possible ( harem is fine ) and NO multiple lead i'm so tired of switching pov every damn paragraphs as first i think damn this author got style, but not when he do it every damn chapter it like there 3-4 group and the plot just stay there because there so many lead character and pov keep switching

I just read fantasial apocalypse it really make me mad i read like 170 chapter straight it got me really hook but boom the mc another personality show up and wash aways the current mc that i read about him 170 chapter just gone like that wtf i drop it and i dont plan come back to read it agains afraid i might really curse author if i read it agains

Zeraphin likes this.
  2. Sharudeis

Sharudeis Semi-narcoleptic

Reading List:
    Link
    Change: New World
    The New World
    New Game Plus
    Apocalypse Now!
    The Arcane Emperor
    Reincarnation Flower
    Endless Cage
    There's more, just search.:blobpeek:

KickInator likes this.
  3. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's one of the reasons I didn't read past book 1 of Game of Thrones. If I ever start writing again I'll pm you the game elements in rl novel I started.

4. JackStone

JackStone Wow. How nice. Good job.

Reading List:
    Link
    *cough* everybody loves large chests.

HunterNapk1n likes this.
  5. crow14

crow14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol this one i pass, the early arc are kinda good and funny in it own way but then when his servant start to have party brutal sex with each other ehmmm i drop it

Sharudeis and ArtistsTech like this.
  6. ArtistsTech

ArtistsTech Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GoT was OK because you went into it with the expectation that it would jump around; maybe you wanted more of a character but GoT was great partly because of how everything connected.

On the other hand, I'm totally with you that unless the pov is either skip-able side story or a one off char to give perspective from across the globe; It is usually completely unnecessary and ruins the flow and immersion.

7. crow14

crow14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah totally what i thinking i read some multiple read it never done me good in RRL it always ruin the story for me and turn me off completely and even worse the one that just start and keep switching pov like this and you have to wait for more chapter in the end story going no where make me lost interest completely...

8. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    RRL advanced search offers "LitRPG" under genre for "Game Elements" searches, & "Multiple Main Characters" under tags.

I mention both of these because it also allows you to select an option as "exclude" not just include, so "LItRPG" in green, & "Multiple Main Characters" in red should theoretically mostly limit the result set to things meeting your requirements ("mostly" because not everyone tags everything with all appropriate tags).

KickInator and crow14 like this.
  9. JackStone

JackStone Wow. How nice. Good job.

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the author noted that. He said he'll do something about it.