Discussion Game you want to make or are going to make

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Nova25, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Englandismycity

Englandismycity Rap God Nick Crom-... okay, I regret my username

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm making the rap game better and better everyday bro.

2. hmm123

hmm123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Came up with something different. But then again, there's probably tons of mysfery games.

Game name: Ace Detective
    Genre: Mystery/Thriller
    Info:
    1) Can choose between male or female MC.
    2) At the start of the series, MC will be after the killer of his/her parents but with few difficult to follow clues. While being contracted to solve mysteries and WHODUNNIT cases, MC gains detective levels and skills and with these gets a lead on the killer of your parents.
    Platform: Mobile
    Commercial or non commercial: Commercial. 99p. Paid hints.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  3. hmm123

hmm123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Game name: Debt Labyrinth
    Genre: Merchanting Sim
    RPG or non RPG: nonRPG
    Info:
    Basically Recettear.
    1. The MC is in major debt and has to pay back increasing sums of money per period.
    2. You have to buy and sell items for profit, and attract customers, upgrade ur store etc.
    3. You can hire and send adventurers to go on risky ventures to bring back rarer items.
    4. You can micromanage trading caravans and send them to other towns taking advantge of arbitrage opportunities for profit.
    5. Everyonce in a while, events will hapen upping and decreasing prices of certain things.
    6. Have to make more and more money every period, and pay back the debt you owe.
    7. Highscore rankings.
    Multiplayer or not multiplayer: Single
    Platform: Mobile
    Commercial or non commercial: Free with microtransactions.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  4. Nova25

Nova25 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow it was many interesting games I would love to play when it get finished:)
    I don't have plans to steal any ideas.
    I only make this thread for something to talk about and I'm always been courius what games people are making or have plans to make.

5. Butler

Butler ☩ Cloudy's Pet-Butler ☩ Axiel's Shadow ☩ Dead ☩

Reading List:
    Link
    Told you someone might be able to give an answer if you just give them time >.>

6. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    I can share my game designs if it will attract a skilled programmer so that I don't have to waste time relearning everything. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to pay that programmer, so he will have to just agree to split the profit.

7. Nova25

Nova25 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes you did:)

8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Shush! Don't reveal my plan

9. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
  10. SublimeWay

SublimeWay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have an artist already or would you need a programmer and an artist?

I'm a programmer who is looking for a 3D animator and modeler. While I have some interest in those areas I just don't have artistic talent.

I'm currently working on VR skill training applications and a quiz/learning game. As long as you are not working on similar content I might be able to help you. Message me with the details of your game if you want. I work mostly in Unity but have some knowledge of other game engines.

11. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    I am skilled in 3Ds Max and although I have not done much 3D modelling these days, I still remember the majority of what I did with 3Ds Max in the past in college. I was once a student of Software Engineering and Games Design, but dropped out in my final year because I couldn't pass engineering calculus. But if you were to ask if I'm a good artist, I'd say no. I specialize in writing stories, unfortunately.

Anyway, I make all my own avatar in case you're wondering. And no, I have no idea how to make VR games, so I doubt we're going to be doing the same thing.

13. syc

syc [ 空白 ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Game name: [Nothing Anytime Soon]
    Genre: MMORPG
    RPG or non RPG: RPG
    Info: I want to try to incorporate some of the things we read about in these game system novels into an MMORPG. If I'm allowed to design one, I would throw any attempts to balance it out the window and just let people be super strong (if they get lucky). Add a bunch of super rare or even unique events/skills/items. I think it would be fun.
    Multiplayer or not multiplayer: Multiplayer
    Platform: PC maybe?
    Commercial or non commercial: Commercial

To be honest, I don't have the skills/motivation/time to complete an entire game by myself. So this is probably never gonna happen. If I ever get to pitch a game idea for some company I work for though, I'll try...

14. SublimeWay

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you make your avatar in 3D Custom Girl? It has that cell shaded look.

Are you looking to create a visual novel, an old school adventure game (as in talk to people, find items, etc.), a choose your own adventure text game or a more story based RPG? I'm guessing with your preference for storytelling you're not aiming for an action game.

I recently went to a post mortem called "it's ok to create a game only 15 people like." It was essentially about making a game steeped in pathos as a form of artistic expression -actually shown as an art exhibit.

As for me I've recently stopped working in the finance industry after 10+ years to see if I can switch into the VR/AR/MR and Deep Learning side. To do that though I need to build a portfolio first so I'm looking for various projects to work on. It helps for me to work with others because left to my own devices I become easily distracted. I was supposed to work on tracking sword movement in VR this week but I've just been playing Super Ninja Hero VR and GalGun VR... for research purposes.

15. hmm123

hmm123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Make Yu gi Oh VR, where ur monsters are visible in front of u lmao. Jks, requires too many man hours probs.

Easy 2 make game would be a VR detective game 2, hence why I reccommended it earlier. Easily 1-3 mannable. Just rip off the story from some detective manga arc.

That or move some popular flash game 2 3 dimensions.

16. Recouer

Recouer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you halp me plzz !!
    I'm a freelance programmer (if i can call me that) and i need some teaching material or at least some pointers to where i can find an easy way to create a turn based 2d tiled game.
    Because even though i'm learning HTML/CSS/JS (plus python for school) i'm a lazy bum and want to take every shortcut possible.

17. SublimeWay

Reading List:
    Link
    Try this free asset from Unity:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/50282

It's has great reviews. Of course if you are not familiar with Unity you need to learn that. IMO Unity is the way to go since there's tons of examples and it deploys on to most platforms.

18. Recouer

Reading List:
    Link
    And to respond to the thread:
    Game name: i don't have a name yet
    Genre: action, adventure, etc
    RPG or non RPG: RPG of course
    Info: a turned based game on a tiled map, with its strong point in freedom of movement and development, plus a huge skill tree and a hardcore difficulty that is meant to be just as much rewarding.
    Multiplayer or not multiplayer:
    Not multiplayer because it kills the RP
    Platform: PC and/or smartphone
    Commercial or non commercial:
    The game is supposed to be free but you can pay to make the game easier (or just to "support" the creator)

19. SublimeWay

Reading List:
    Link
    The VR aspect is fairly easy minus some UX and performance concerns. If you already have the monster models plus animation I can actually create a VR version fairly quickly.

People have made escape rooms in VR which is similar to the detective stuff you mentioned.

20. Recouer

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow thx that was fast.
    But i still believe i should learn HTML/CSS/JS because i lile programming in general.
    I may add C# and C++ in no time even though it'll be a superficial introduction to it as i use sololearn to familiarise myself with those languages.

Also i'm still working on the specifications of my games, trying to put on papers all my ideas and make sense of all the mess in my head.
    Plus the fact that i have exams that will decide in wich college i'll go next year, i don't have as much time i'd like to dedicate to this.
    Yeah i know i'm trying to find excuses but i promise once my game is finished, i'll brag about it on NUF like no one before (i might create a clone for the sole purpose of this xD)