Discussion Games you wished had a sequel

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by deathcoy, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably Xenoblade (I want another one) or Deemo.

2. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    The Suffering, The Suffering: Ties That Bind

I love this game, and I need the next one

3. Wrath27

Wrath27 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Truerror, udonsage, no168_92 and 2 others like this.
  4. Glaurung

Glaurung Long Member

Reading List:
    Link
    front mission 3

udonsage and Claire the Lunatic like this.
  5. Mithun

Mithun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oni
    Road rash

6. raven

raven What to type?

Reading List:
    Link
    Bulletstorm
    Total overdose
    The wolf among us

7. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Kingdoms of Amalur was such a great game :D

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  8. AHKoT

AHKoT [FA sect] [2nibyou] [ReverseEpi] [Htrap]

Reading List:
    Link
    Megaman X9 for god sake Capcom even though X5,6 and 7 is a pain in the ass but at least you guy finally make thing right in X8 dont leave us with that kind of cliff .......................

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  9. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Suikoden i don't find the news of suikoden 6 i already finished most of suikoden games

udonsage likes this.
  10. Cryotic

Cryotic Nora's Psychic◈Nora's Silly Wife◈春雷◈暗いよ

Reading List:
    Link
    Persona 3... Cmon.. I heard that Elizabeth is searching for a way to revive MC...

udonsage likes this.
  11. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Devil May Cry's sequel instead of the teenage emo bullshit of Dante's reboot.

Civil War Generals 2's sequel. CWG2 was a great game. Since it was a Windows 3.1/95 exclusive game, I can't play it on Windows 7, eventhough it's now free. GOG, get to work!

Star Trek Starfleet Command. The latest was Starfleet Command 3, and although it's nice, it has some serious bugs. I suppose I can just play Star Trek Online, but that game's a murder on my keyboard.

Star Trek Bridge Commander. It was probably the single most awesome game in the Star Trek franchise.

Starship Troopers Terran Ascendancy. Don't know how they programmed it, but it seems it can only be played on Windows XP. Compatibility settings does nothing. Since the company folded, there's no chance of them ever making another game. However, I wish another studio can make a spiritual successor to it. It was a really nice game.

Oh yes, Majesty 2 was indeed nice. Too bad I never managed to finish it. Played Majesty to death a long time ago, though.

Chrono Trigger. It would be nice if there's a new sequel using modern UI and animations.

Also, I want new Sins of Solar Empire. Last I played was Rebellion and although it's nice, I want something more. Come on! Let me fight that evil being the aliens been running away from!

Ultima as well. I miss killing people's cow, get a whole bunch of beef and then cooking it in front of its owner.

12. Dravde

Dravde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you are going to be happy to hear that Xenoblade 2 is coming to Switch. I'm excited about it.
    I feel the same, I seriously want more from P3 cast.

I want Sly 5 Master of Thieves, I waited for Sly 4 Thieves in Time for so long and after seeing the secret ending/trailer I don't want to wait again forever for the next one.

Can't remember anything else right now. Some games that I wanted a sequal are getting one currently.

13. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link

Oh, so you're looking for the unreleased sequel Chrono Break to finally release? Wouldn't that be nice.

I'd also love to see the canceled mid-development Earthbound sequel, Earthbound 64 released, as well as console versions of Mother 1 and 3(Earthbound 0 and 2 in Japan) and then maybe a sequel for those as well.

Legend of Dragoon in a must of course, along with a remaster of the game for contemporary consoles. To be honest, I keep expecting to find out some fans have rewritten the code to run on PS3 or something.

A Banjo-Kazooie reboot would be nice.

Hybrid Heaven was a fun game on the N64 that I think they could do a lot with these days if they made a sequel.

And frankly, I would love to see the Shenmu series redone and release all the sequels based on the books the way they had planned years ago before Sega folded their console development and handed the title over to Microsoft where it didn't fare as well.

Ai chan likes this.
  14. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chronicles of Narnia, the gamecube version.

15. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, now I actually need to buy it. Guess that I can't skimp out and play it on my Wii U anymore....

16. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    And also Zeus, Master of Olympus. I know there's no more epic to play with under Greek pantheon, but surely they could've did the same with Emperor or another title in the Norse or Native American epics. I'm talking about the ability to gain tangible benefits from building a particular sanctuary. Athena comes with olive grove, eventhough you shouldn't be able to grow olives in your city. Dionysus comes with vineyards, Demeter with fertile lands, Artemis with two Amazon companies, Ares with two Sparti, Hephaestus with copper and Hades with silver. I was very disappointed when Emperor didn't have this feature.

I'm well aware that there's the Poseidon expansion, but I've played that to death too, but the introduction of auricalcum is annoying.

17. Spfere

Spfere [Tea sampler] ༺ Ruyi's father ༻

Reading List:
    Link
    There, is only two games I want a sequel to, Wacraft 3, and Kotor (not the Kotor 2 that exists, but I want a recent made sequel to that type of game)

Fairy-chan likes this.
  18. Everlasting Deceit

Everlasting Deceit <One who rolls on the bed desu~>

Reading List:
    Link
    Okami, the wonderfully unique gameplay that seamlessly meshes gameplay and art into a single perfect entity. It holds a special place in the multitudes of games, sadly it was never very well received.

19. something123

something123 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sorn-3DHTC8

Reading List:
    Link
    FFT:A2. These sorts of games are released too sparsely.

Otherwise a sequal to LoL.

20. udonsage

udonsage [Underpaid Software Developer] [Lazy Novelist]

Reading List:
    Link
    Resonance of Fate(PS3 and Xbox 360): A great jrpg tactics game with a story progression that reminded me of cowboy bebop a bit while the game-play felt fresh with how they dealt with dishing out damage to enemies. I wouldn't mind either a sequel or a prequel to the game.

Dark Cloud 2(PS2 and PS4): I enjoyed the story and craft system as well as the build mechanic for placing town buildings for a city. The game-play was okay but I would love to see more of the series maybe in a sequel or a spiritual sequel.

Rogue Galaxy(PS2 and PS4): The gameplay was solid with a good story about adventuring in a wide story. Sadly, the game felt a bit short in terms of content.