Request Gay turn straight, any recommendation,

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Littledragonlady, Sep 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avrnea

Avrnea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    makoto mikasa from the manga fuuka~

Littledragonlady likes this.
  2. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  3. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't know any. the ones I know of are from western movies and books and are about closet gays going out of their closets even when they are married to a member of the opposite sex

compass96 and Littledragonlady like this.
  4. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think there is a novel like that. I've read a lot of lesbian/gay fiction from the English side and haven't run across that theme, even for side characters. It's not relevant to most people, even those in the minorities. Straight turned gay? Yes. Straight experimenting with gay themes? Yes. Gay finding out that they suddenly didn't enjoy stimulating anal sex? No.

Honestly, being gay isn't a preference. To me, it's more about the person you fall in love with than gender. Some people just find themselves drawn to more masculine or feminine partners and label that as gay,lesbian, or straight. Straight men can enjoy anal sex or giving blowjobs. There's all kinds of kinks out there, and most married guys who get bored will go experiment. You will find they all label themselves as straight, since they are just after the sex, not anything emotional.

Authors understand that. Which is why it will be exceedingly difficult to find what you want outside of a, most likely sponsored, book inspired by one of those religious conversion groups.

5. onnyfp

onnyfp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are stories of a girl crossdressing as a man and his co-worker/comrade/boss starts to feel affection for her. But we all know it's fake gay turn straight, he's never gay at all.
    From mangas to korean dramas, and, heck, Mulan anyone?

But genuine gay to straight? Nope. But straight turned gay is a whole another story and I don't want to touch that second layer of hell.

6. bkwusa

bkwusa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Being Straight or Gay isn't always one or the other. You have the whole Bi Spectrum as well. And you don't just end up either full straight, full gay, or straight in the middle bi. While there are plenty of people who fall in the full straight and full gay slot there are also plenty of people who fall anywhere in between. I've known people who like women 90% of the time but wanted a man 10% of the time. It's not as simple as black and white, it comes with many shades in between.

7. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe the actual term is bisexual... :hmm: Was he actually homosexual in the first place though? :blobpensive:

8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    *cough* Frozen Flower
    It's a movie, a Korean movie but its the best I can think off

9. Blank9

Blank9 Interdimensional Traveller

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope....I surely don't know....

10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a girl who was once straight, then she found out she swung the other way. Then she realized that she actually swung both ways.

The girl still swung both ways, but she has a male fiance and a gf for both instances.

Life is good.

compass96 and Littledragonlady like this.
  11. SummerX

SummerX Well-known fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahaha I only know the str8 to gay novels

But I believe there are novels with this setting in CN romance market

I have read a novel where the MC is forced to be the lover of the emperor but he's straight and fell in love with some princess......

There are several novels I have encountered with such settings but I don't really read BG so I stopped reading.

12. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm novels that involve one the characters experimenting I guess? would be the type of thing you are talking about maybe. I have a lot of friends that had no clue what they were so they just went out and dated a bunch of people till they figure out their niche most of these friends were people I knew from highschool and kept in contact with when they went to college. some came out being completely str8 while others realize they were pan. some were gay. All I can say is I do not know of a lot of stories where the focus is on experimenting. maybe modern day college stories might have it? no clue.

13. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a long time, so I don't remember well, but wasn't he doing that in order to mess with the elf?
    Like, he didn't think of himself as gay, just thought it was fun to mess with her him because of the weird reactions when he hit on her him.

14. ninish

ninish ✿Fujoshi✿ [#224~] [Dʀᴀɢᴏɴɪsᴛ] [Lᴜʀᴋᴇʀ Lᴇᴇᴄʜ]

Reading List:
    Link
    yep, but
    he ended up falling for him (her) without knowing the mc was a female until much later. so... he liked the elf so much he went gay, but still liked her after learning her true gender

15. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That specific situation, I don't remember any right now. Sounds kindof like what I've heard about bisexuality. I guess you can try gender bender as a start though. It seems to be more of a mix of things when it comes to romance compared to gay or regular/straight romance. Maybe there is a story like that hidden in the pile somewhere...

I think it falls under what onnyfp was saying, that it's sort of like a 'fake gay' thing cause they never loved/were attracted to an actual man.
    ... but then again maybe that sort of story would be just what @Littledragonlady is looking for.
    And who can pass up a chance to recommend some Yu Wo to anyone...
    What do you say @Littledragonlady ?
    ( Y/ N )?

Other than that, tell me if you're interested in any genderbender novel recommendations that don't fall under gay - > straight.
    I like that genre, so I can recommend some. ( Y / N )?
    (well, that's if you aren't already into it)

16. Emy.

Emy. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek:
    :cookie:
    :blobpopcorn:
    Yeah.... I have no clue..... Nice thread btw, made me laugh a bit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.