LCD Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by canaria23, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Reading List:
    Link
    that last chapter... total mindfuck lol

3. no168_92

no168_92 BrokenDoor|NeedsFixing|LackingFunds|DonorsWelcomed

Reading List:
    Link
    You know what, the latest chap, gives me such a strong Steins;Gate vibe.... tuturuuu....

4. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, at least the other timeline's King Alberto knew when to listen to his wife.

animanaicT likes this.
  5. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Last curve ball on a scale of one to ten I give it a Dwight Gooden.

6. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Also on the story of the alnerate dimension, I would like to see if MC did survive. I mean his dolls aren't strong but I do think that it is a powerful tool for information and I could easily see him outwitting the enemies to be able to get away... Maybe make it into the grand chaos kingdom. (I could see a whole new harem err I mean story coming along if we went this route) ... Just daydreaming here

7. vasiliassy

vasiliassy Lol hehe

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want to see his mouse dool spying demon territory too!
    I really want to know who is 'Diablo' that Soma can't remember in the history in our world

Clown333 and animanaicT like this.
  8. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm just realised I don't really like this series any longer after book 3. I put it on hold at chapter 3 since it was bothersome to read part 1/6 of a chapter. Now when the epilogues are out I read the rest of the volume and ended up skipping almost half the content in the chapters. Super long explanations, skipping potential entertaining parts and having them in a conversation etc.

I like the overall story just not the choices of what the author chooses to show of it.

9. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Happens sometimes when you go through something all in one go. It's apparently what killed the SAO anime.

10. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering they made a LN of it as well it shouldn't be such a major issue. What I read as fluff and skip was likely cut out in that version though (assuming NU is correct in stating it is the web novel being translated).

I am assuming that any author writes an actual fiction novel/book on the premise that the reader will read it without other books between chapters (in most cases).

Actual 1k+ chapter web novels aren't well served by reading them within a week in most cases. The author is appealing to a daily audience and thus can repeat stuff again after half a year, which is 3 days for you.

11. Human

Human Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i just finished the whole 3 volume and i could say that this novel is pretty good. Though sometimes i found that some warfare concept in this novel make no sense. I mean the kingdoms expert reasoning why gunpowder soldier is ineffective in that world is because magic and most monsters are somehow bulletproof.

Best case scenario 1 of 10 soldier could use ranged magic(fire, wind, water, etc), the rest have to fend off for themselves with reinforcing magic or no magic at all and become regular soldier. The best fighter the regular soldier could become is heavy knight calvary who is historically could be defeated easily in open battle by early gunpowder infantry(musketman). Even the Empire most elite fighting force(ghrypon knight, magic enchanted black knight) were mere upgraded version of heavy knight.

All they had to do is to create an upgraded version of gunpowder infantry (which is no doubt much more cheaper than those black knight) and those magic knights could say goodbye to their era just like what happened in real earth. Imagine a batallions of magic musketeer with their piercing and explosive bullets just like in youjo senki albeit with no ability to fly. Thats how kingdoms fall and an empire rise.

12. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    You overlook the other benefits of magic in warfare. The Heavy knights lost to guns, because there's a limit to the weight carried by humans, heavy knights in a magic world though, can be as heavy as our heaviest tank, and still have mobility. On the other hand, the ammo for the guns will get prohibitively more expensive as you scale up your fire arm forces.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Human likes this.
  13. Human

Human Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It still same though, the reason we don´t see heavy knight anymore is because 3-6 month trained arquebusier(early musket-man) could easily kill 6 year trained heavy knight from range below 61 meter, combine them with Pike-men, their formation made heavy knight useless in open field the only battlefield they good at. if magic heavy knight means their armor become tenfold lighter and stronger than strongest steel could ever produce plus some kind magic barrier that nullifies physical attack, that means it can cut both ways. Musketeer only need to be upgraded also. With their enchanted musket that could withstand their more powerful enchanted gunpowder which in turn launched their enchanted bullet that travel at incredible speed which carry both physical and magical energy that ignore barrier and heaviest armor alike and then, a magical heavy knight is a magical heavy knight no more . The exact same thing will also happen like what happened in real earth.

Magic Enchanted musket, gunpowder and bullet definitely much cheaper and less time to make(with assembly line workshop method) than enchanted armor, helmet, shield, horse and sword. Those magic musket-man only need 3-6 month training and could easily defeat 6 year trained magical heavy knight with ease. I just hope the Author notice that, because it is a glaring plot-hole that need to be fixed by the MC fast.

barashkafromro likes this.
  14. no168_92

no168_92 BrokenDoor|NeedsFixing|LackingFunds|DonorsWelcomed

Reading List:
    Link
    most fantasy novels that have both magic and guns depends on the world building/setting. It varies from one novel to another. the explanation do play a major role, but sometimes, what the author tries to imply/send to the readers are either not enough info or lost in translation.

I've read one novel where the explanation why gun was forsaken in the novel was because the author used a default defense magic with similar properties with kevlar in our world, another novel used higher density/low weight ratio of magic metals, etc... so clearly, most RL logic are lost in novels..

so for Genjitsu, the author used the setting of guns are costly versus magic = not worth it, so to use additional budget to further research how to make gunpowder/explosives more effective than magic is maybe not that applicable for the world setting..

LazyLuong and Human like this.
  15. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    If MC knows the formula for gunpowder, he still needs to gather materials, then you need enough of the materials for regular gunpowder guns to work with before you can make enhanced versions. That's all research and development that wouldn't exist in the real world, and that the magic world dropped before even finding it interesting, since explosions and sniping can already be done with less training than that, by using magic. Everything you just mentioned is a colossal waste of resources to get that far, but the six walking tanks, in solid adamantine armor with the enchanted pikes are all working on known principles, with sensible combat training. The hardest part of the heavy knight training, was teaching them to walk into danger.

Human likes this.
  16. Human

Human Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gunpowder already exist in that world, they used canon for battleship and fortress siege, remember. If they could turn rare mineral into armor i'm pretty sure they could turn it into firearm component also. Gunpowder, musket and bullet only needed to be enchanted in large batch by group of mages(I'm pretty sure increase of power and durability won't take too long to research) before being distributed into soldier. Also those magical heavy knight is an elite force and not the main fighting force. Other soldier still use regular armor, spear and sword so even implementing regular musketeer is still more lucrative in battlefield. If you compare those magical knight to today tank, it was still not a valid reason for absence of gunpowder soldier. Even today eventhough assault rifle couldn't scratch Modern Tank paintjob, we still had rifle infantry, because those riflemen still could kill another infantry albeit bring no harm toward Tank. Why would you still use sword to kill regular swordsmen and pikemen when you could use musket.

17. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    What are enchanting requirements, are enchanting materials expended, do they need area to carve enchantments onto? These are questions you need answered before you start trying to enchant musket balls. What happens if you manage to enchant strength and durability to a low accuracy musket ball, but didn't do anything for the rifle barrel? They explained that the reason there were only 6 Elite Heavy Knights was because of the materials needed for the armor, weapons, and the enchantments, all were expensive, rare. They made cannons for ships because magic, and conventional weapons are more difficult to use in ship to ship combat.

Human likes this.
  18. Human

Human Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno, just use enchantment like "youjo senki" there finished :)

19. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Muskets are notoriously inaccurate, if your harem MC introduces guns, they need to skip those. You don't even really need gunpowder with muskets, just need an explosion in the barrel, a magic tool can do that already in most stories, and the ball tumbling knocks itself off course. Youjo Senki trailer I just checked doesn't even have muskets.

Edit: Rifle and soldier were both providing magic from what I could tell without watching the show.

barashkafromro likes this.
  20. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    About the only uses for gunpowder here would be chemical explosives used for terrorism and assassination since the security detail will be focused on conventional magical attacks.

ultragunner likes this.