News GGP Official Response

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by CoconaBartel, Aug 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its Michael

Its Michael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pharmacy is a lot different market than anything else. There is even a saying - what's the difference between pharmacy company and mafia? Pharmacy company have more funds.

QI is only a branch of Qidian and if they would fail to bring enough profits they would be closed. I'm not saying they would cease to exist as Qidian - they just lost most of the market straight away and most of big spenders wouldn't even bother with them now. To be honest if QI would keep business matter as business matter - private - there wouldn't be any major problems for them - so in general your last sentence should be worded - "I dare to say that QI need professionals" (and in general meaning is the same :D).

Regarding this CEO you mentioned - Martin Shkreli - wasn't he found guilty of two counts of securities fraud and one count of conspiracy to commit securities fraud not long time ago? In the end he would end up in jail in that or other way.

@noob_senpai I'm not too sure what do you find disturbing in those books (i.e. spoilers) but being fair it have rather heavy start and it isn't your typical "fairy tale" kind of book. As I don't want to spoil the fun I can say - if you liked all books from this serie till now you would love all of them.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    My point is that the company survived.
    Novels are like drugs you underestimate them. Even a reader has confessed to replacing a drug habit with novels.
    It was a nice conversation. I guess unignoring you was worth it. :p
    Let's agree to disagree. :blobpopcorn:

3. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In short: rape. For some reason whenever I read about it, I feel horrible, even though I have no personal trauma related to this- I just feel utterly disgusted by it. Leesha is one of the main characters, and as far as I know she is pretty much gang raped in the first book. There is also the whatshername-girl (who grows up in the same village as the MC and loses her mom) that is raped by her father daily, like it is the most natural thing to do. I admit that I have a very low tolerance towards these thing, I am more comfortable with people being gutted in novels than this kind of crap. The story is dark enough without this start, I feel it is somewhat unnecessary, or at least it sounds pointless. Maybe later it gives a meaning/motivation/character to the whole story, but I was not patient enough to find that out.

4. Its Michael

Its Michael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because they get rid of him (well he "subsequently resigned").
    Truly addicted to novel people are within two categories - freeloaders and paying users. I'm am big spender myself and love chinese novels but if needed it's no problem for me to purchase several western fantasy books instead giving money to such company - this is the same for most of our discord group as well. That's the main point - if someone have cravings for reading and have enough funds he can chose what to read - especially with such low e-books prices. Reading take time and if you are not able to find enough good chinese novels you move to other kind (so just switching "drugs" you take). Freeloader if needed would just move to aggregator sites etc.

Different approach and point of view always depends on experience, community you are part of and on own preferences - that's why I agree to disagree - but like always there is some exception (when for me something is obvious fact but someone is trying to deny it because he thinks it isn't (but don't provide evidence) and in the end he start insulting me). As you can see if conversation is kept civilized it's not a problem - if I'm wrong I apologize. We are just humans :D

Have a nice day.

@noob_senpai - to be honest it was needed to built up reader knowledge how this world is without any mercy whatsoever. I dislike such things as well but in my opinion it was justified (but no necessary) to add such thing to plot.

Wujigege and StuffedDuck like this.
  5. bigwhitebunny

bigwhitebunny Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, u guys were mad before even the dual host.
    Besides, if that's illegal, then shouldnt QI's site be down already cuz WXW could easily DMCA them?

6. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't they are hosted in China. DMCA only works in the US.

Mangochic, noob_senpai and kkchaitu like this.
  7. bigwhitebunny

Reading List:
    Link
    Then why not DMCA the android or Apple APP?

EDIT: Rwx did it before, but why is the android app back up now, after they went through the proper legal procedures

8. Indekkusu

Indekkusu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they sent back an counter DMCA notice then it should be reinstated and rwx forced to take them to court and have judge decide which one of them is right.

9. bigwhitebunny

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. but if they don't have evidence how would the counter DMCA notice be valid?

10. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Canavan is merely an ok writer and I'm not a big fan of her works when there are so many better fantasy books out there. Peter Brett is a better and darker writer, though his works have been decreasing in quality (haven't read past the third book currently). I have read quite a bit of fantasy and depending upon what style of fantasy you are looking for, I can make some recs.

11. Logicsol

Logicsol Proud owner of a Toyota Lernlaw

Reading List:
    Link
    Validity isn't for google to decide. DMCA notices pretty much exist to allow hosts to wash their hands of the issue, showing that they took action while moving the burden to the courts.

It's still worth doing, because if the noticee doesn't have a valid reason they're willing to argue, it'll stay down. And if they use an invalid reason, then that can hurt them later in court.

But once the counter notice has been filed, there isn't much more that can be done outside of the the courts. It's just like with webnovel.com, since it's a .com it can be seized under US law, but in order to do that they'd need a court order. Right now neither party wants the courts involved yet.

12. Vultix93

Vultix93 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rec me everything XD

Logicsol likes this.
  13. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm. I think instead of derailing this thread any further, I'll make a thread in the next day or so and tag you.

Logicsol likes this.
  14. Vultix93

Vultix93 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, That's fine for me

15. carupin

carupin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been on gravity since it's still gravity translations. Honestly, this move by GGP broke my heart and I felt betrayed. When the first exodus came I still chose to be with you. But now I'm wondering whether to continue reading on gravity or not. Sad when people who support you from very beginning like me thinking of leaving you because of this decision you made GGP.

Mangochic and Alfik0 like this.
  16. Logicsol

Logicsol Proud owner of a Toyota Lernlaw

Reading List:
    Link
    Tag me too if you would.

17. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Arcturus Me too, pls. I am always happy to find books that are worth reading. Now that I have dropped a bunch of Qidian-related novels, I certainly have the time to take a look at something else

18. zentetsuken

zentetsuken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tag me. Tag me. Tag me as well

19. kkchaitu

kkchaitu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too :)

20. Mangochic

Mangochic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tag me too, I'm going back to using my kindle again and I need recs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.