Google being replace with Yahoo

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Yvi, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    set google as your default?

2. bessem

bessem Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Check your setting ( default search engine). I doubt its a malware cuz they usually redirect to some 3rd rate website not yahoo.
    Did it change after downloading smth or browsing h site

3. ArcDeathLord99

ArcDeathLord99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHA....So true
    This is my bucket of laughs for the day

Wujigege likes this.
  4. LadyBlue

LadyBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. 13th Echelon

13th Echelon Piping Hot Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. go to chrome://settings
    2. Under "Search engine", click "Manage search engine"
    3. Delete yahoo in the list
    4. Make sure you chose google for search engine

If it does not still work reinstall your chrome.

AngelLoufi likes this.
  6. moomoocow

moomoocow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    all the people spending effort to help another soul warms my soul

*sobbing* thank you guys for existing

7. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    All the above are good advises, but maybe you could try ...... your browser and then....... i dont know whether it will help but maybe you should also try......................
    No need to thank me.

8. KIZUKI

KIZUKI 〈Shem's Minion〉《Fish licker》

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you perhaps change the default search engine to yahoo?

9. Yvi

Yvi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It just uses yahoo search engine. the search queries are all normal but still weird for as I am not that use to in yahoo.
    Done both, same thing happen.
    Nah, I removed it a long time ago.

10. Yvi

Yvi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually tried that few days ago. It kinda works but still feels weird as there are times when I just Highlight a text and wanna search it through google that way. after the malwarebytes scan (which I might do tomorrow) and if still doesn't fixes it. I might use that and explore it

11. AngelLoufi

AngelLoufi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you verify that your chrome shortcut is a "clean" one (doesn't have any options added to it?
    Did you disabled all extensions to see if that changes anything ?
    If there still no change, you can always DM me for a remote search and repair with teamviewer.

12. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nowadays,

removing a virus or a malware is such a fvckin pain in the azz that just wont quit. You have to know exactly what you're doing or the virus will persist in your system. What you need is 2 pc. One that was infected, one that is 100% clean. You need to turn off the autorun feature on both PC, and turn of the auto restore and backup on both. WHY? These goddamn malwares managed to stick itself into your system, if your pc figures out theres something missing in the system (namely the malware) its going to restore the malware in all its glory. And you can't clean the backup coz once you try to clean the backup, the still alive virus will infect the backup again. Its a circle of hell....
    And you might think if you turn this feature off, you're fixed if you wipe out the whole thing ... didnt worked for me. Nowadays, malware is like a zombie virus, you have no frekin clue where it has infected and how it managed to work with your software.

So you need the second clean PC. WARNING: TURN OFF AUTOPLAY/AUTORUN ETC. You just unplug the infected PC hard drive, put it on a USB adapter, plug it to the clean PC and run the virus wipe from your clean PC targeting the infected hard drive. IS THERE A FASTER WAY TO CLEAN? According to my knowledge without knowing the virus? No. Doing it otherwise (plugging the hard drive directly to the motherboard) might jeopardise your clean PC.

One more thing you have to check! (OR A LOT depending your situation) ALL of your USB Drives and memories. You dont want to clean this pc and have it reinfected by another USB drive....

Pizz0011 likes this.
  13. AnonyMouse0007

AnonyMouse0007 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Find a program called Ccleaner from Piriform.com, and clean your cookies and temp folders. Go to the settings or preferences and uncheck wait 24 hrs to clean some files. The cookies tab will show all your cookies and allow you to save log in cookies if needed. if you don't save them write the log in stuff down. Dont save any Yahoo related cookies of course and I firmly believe cleaning all cookies and not keep password enabled sites for security purposes is for the best, but it is your computer. Once all that is done, hit clean.I would reboot once it is done, and check if temp folders and cookies got rebuilt. It should be nearly clean, like 1 or 2 Mb that they system has to rebuild.

**Btw, if you do have virus/trojan you should making backups the #1 priority and running Ccleaner #2** I will let you decide depending on how weird you rig had gotten.

This is perfect example of why I don't like cookies. It only takes one bad one and you have to run a cookie cleaner or a antivirus that checks cookies. B4 i forget Ccleaner has the option to clean at reboot.

**I hate my phone**:-(

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  14. Yvi

Yvi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks guys for all of your solutions.

But the weird thing is, there is a google extension which is the "Plugin Buttons" and when i tried the "duckduckgo" it disables the "Plugin Buttons". I have noticed that I can google search safely and when I check the Extensions I notice that the "Plugin Button" is a malware of some sort. I thought that was part of google chrome and whatnot. Soo, yeah. Thanks guys for the awesome solutions you have posted :)

AngelLoufi likes this.
  15. Yvi

Yvi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Won't work. The "Plugin Buttons" can't be uninstalled either.

16. AngelLoufi

AngelLoufi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you uninstall, deleted your personal folder (it stays on the disk after an uninstall) and then install again (without syncing to your account this time). Do you still have the same problem after ? If that is the case, then you have a program or a service that is checking when a browser is installed and automatically add the extension

17. Tzu

Tzu New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    google plugin button chrome -> first link
    pcriskcom/removal-guides/11431-plugins-button-adware

summary
    1. remove from program and features
    2. reset chrome

also if its still there try checking task manager if its running in background
    ctrl + alt +delete
    look at the names and see if theres something suspicious like plugin buttons

1. right click it -> open file location -> end the process on task manager -> delete the file

18. thedorkishguy

thedorkishguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Google Chrome has its own mind sometimes. Give Firefox or Waterfox a go? :)