LCD Gourmet of Another World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by IcedBaby, Apr 11, 2017.

1. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly yes. He even removed the novels done by Qidian International from voting survey. So no luck.

Still you can read mtl through systra translations. I read through that for many novels.

2. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I get that some people don't like the series... However, why is the Updating Stability rated at 3? :confused: Other series are rated at 4 or 4.5, even though they're releasing five chapters per week as well. :cry:

Please leave a review on webnovel.com if you like the series. Thank you. (y)

bullistic and StuffedDuck like this.
  3. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    i like the series, its great and i think most people hate it as they think its a copy of gourmet food supplier, but both are ongoing and i think this was released first so definitely not a copy ........ so most of the reviews are crap and outright bullshit
    PS: i gave a review :)

ongoingwhy likes this.
  4. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, the first chapter of GFS was posted two months earlier than GoAW, even though GoAW currently has more chapters at the moment. As for GoAW "copying" GFS, I can't comment on that since I haven't read GFS... but I understand that they have very similar settings. As far as I know, the similarities end there and the two stories develops very differently. :)

5. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm at Ch40 and it takes different approach than GFS. Well, there is focus on food of course but the main selling theme is the constant face slapping of arrogant young masters and the comedy. What you would expect from a story set in fantasy world.

Oh and this novel came afterwards so I think it was inspired from GFS. Unless there was similar novel even before GFS.

Damyabo and ongoingwhy like this.
  6. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    And really no problem with update stability. The translator has filed his promise so far so don't understand the low ratings for that.

Like Sacred Ruins which is 15+ chapters far behind its schedule. Now if it was about this novel then I could understand.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  7. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not sure what's going on with Sacred Ruins, but most of us are ahead of our latest chapters. When we complete the chapters, we submit them and Qidian would publish them based on their schedules. We have no control over the publishing process.

strixflash likes this.
  8. DarkBlue

DarkBlue «Darker Than Blue» «Overlord of Sleep»

Reading List:
    Link
    No, GoAW is very different from GFS. Although both have a 'gourmet' system, the fact that GoAW is set in a martial-arts world makes the system have very different views in what it's host needs. Also, as characters themselves, the MC from both series are very different. One difference is that, the MC from GoAW is less of a money grubber as compared to GFS (who keeps complaining throughout the series about how he would like to increase prices). IMO, GoAW MC has more of a personality as compared to GFS.
    He purposefully makes food extra spicy/difficult for ppl whom he doesn't like, goes up against impossible odds that would usually require plot Armor to survive by his xianxia/wuxia/xuanhua contemporaries and wins fearlessly+without plot Armor. In his own words (and without support prompting from the system), a lvl 7 beast is merely a good ingredient, an enlightenment fruit is only good for cooking and the best use of unrefined(?) flames (one of the 3 best in the world) is for cooking food (he even makes a top tier alchemist use his Dan flames to make hot sweet potatoes).
    Personally, I like the MC from GoAW better~

Another difference is between the 2 gourmet systems. The system from GoAW has no restrictions for self-advertising.
    In fact, the MC joins an alchemy/magical-ingredients-preparation competition just for the sole purpose of self-advertising.

Anyways, the differences will be seen later on in the novel. It doesn't matter which came first, both GFS and GoAW are good in their own way~

(Still, after reading their mtl raws, I like GoAW better.)

9. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    :eek: You're already at the latest chapter! The latest chapter about the bear is hilarious... :ROFLMAO:

10. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    I need to catch up. Lol. @DarkBlue Which site you use? Systra? Google?

11. DarkBlue

Reading List:
    Link
    Google was a little awkward and systra was acting up. Had to use bing (microsofttranslator.com)

strixflash likes this.
  12. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Same for me. I'm not able to use systra for a while (I spent an entire day just to add terms but then realized it's useless). Bing is good? Does it offers personal dictionary?

13. DarkBlue

Reading List:
    Link
    It does ask whether you are able to offer a better translation of a word/phase...

But yes, bing is good. Almost the same as systra. It's good and often funny~ (in case of WMW, it translated blood boiling as 'Gollum' sfx and the 8 arm somethingy technique as 'dobby' technique. I spent hours giggling, imagining a bulked up dobby saying 'my preciousss~')

Rule71, KickInator and strixflash like this.
  14. KickInator

KickInator I am Indian bc

Reading List:
    Link
    How the fuck does anyone "astonishedly" sigh!?

15. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. I've made the changes and submitted it to Qidian. It's not their working hours, so it'll take a few hours for the re-upload to take effect. I am not sure why I translated it as "astonishedly" either. It's been a while since I submitted this chapter. (Not that there's anything grammatically wrong with this word of choice. It's just awkward to read. I suppose "astonishingly" or "sighed in astonishment" would've worked better.) I've switched it to "awkwardly", which is more appropriate for the context here. I've also re-edited parts of the chapters to improve readability.

KickInator likes this.
  16. KickInator

Reading List:
    Link
    So, Rich Fatty had ordered all the dishes in the store in the last epis-chapter. Now that the Prince is here, only now he is making the Lees fish? There is some inconsistency.

Oh well, it doesn't matter. The Lees fish sound delicious.:)

17. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    Fatty Jin only ordered the improved Egg-Fried Rice and Fish Head Tofu Soup.

I think it was a previous chapter where he ordered all the dishes.

18. KickInator

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right. He ordered all the dishes last time. Well at least the inconsistency has been resolved. Get it. Inconsistency. Like in soup.;) No. Oh well.:(

19. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently the "no sharing" rule from chapter 9 was just a rule to poke at the rude guy. Or the author forgot about it.

20. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    The little girl is a tsundere.
    And is this LCD or for those who read ahead? Cause don't wanna get spoiled or anything.