LCD Gourmet of Another World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by IcedBaby, Apr 11, 2017.

1. xzpwnz

xzpwnz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He moves, the system gives him missions to open up branch stores and teleports him to different regions, since staying in the little store becomes inefficient later on (his crystal sales gets converted to his cultivation, and the place where his little store is at is considered too backwater)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're expecting a battle between grade 5-7 people that would likely involve the crowd, then why would you want to join the crowd when you aren't strong enough to defend yourself?

Also, why hadn't they already eaten those buns by the time they got to the execution grounds? They didn't sound like they were that big, and once you start eating them, you're unlikely to stop. Plus, there were only two per person and they're all experienced gluttons that know that food degrades the longer you let it sit without eating it.

3. KickInator

KickInator I am Indian bc

Reading List:
    Link
    You should consider putting that in spoilers.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You just assaulted his waitress, puked blood all over his floor, brought a fight into the store, and you didn't even order any food, what makes you think the shop's owner will actually side with you?

5. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Troublemakers must be stripped and made an example!

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Or turned into dog food. Well, actually, he probably doesn't qualify as dog food. Fido is quite the picky eater after all ;)

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    She thought, "This bad man… He actually dared to lift me up! And even said he would kill me! Simply unforgivable!"
    At moments like these, you say these things out loud. Only thinking them doesn't do anyone any good.

How can Bu Fang tell that he's an eunuch? Its not like he's walking around without any pants, or wearing a sign that says "Hi, I'm a eunuch."

I have the feeling that if the author wasn't paid by the word, then Xiao Yue would have already been kicked out. I mean seriously, he's proven time and time again that he's a trouble maker, and he's not even trying to be subtle about it this time. Plus, he still hasn't ordered anything.

8. Bedhead Dragon

Bedhead Dragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually never reply but I thought it'd be funny to answer this. Eunuch get their balls chopped off so their voices never get lower. So the second he spoke Bu Fang could tell.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on when they're made eunuchs, but even if it happens when they're children, there are still men with naturally high voices. Just look at Micheal Jackson.

10. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Xiao Meng calls him 'gong gong' - term used to respectfully address an eunuch.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, that makes sense then.

12. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Although not stated in-text, Uniform/Formal Wear. Officers of the Imperial Courts & Imperial Household Servants have uniforms denoting their rank and status. This is a workday so he's wearing his uniform.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I considered that, but it would require the MC to actually know what such a uniform looked like, and I can't imagine him caring enough to have bothered finding such a thing out, especially not in the limited amount of time that he's been in that world.

14. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was actually thinking that wouldn't it be safer for her to stay next to Bu Fang then exit the store to her father?
    Loopholes in everything, if you just need to order something then that's possible but it's still up to Bu Fang's discretion to accept them as a customer.

I'm just patiently waiting for the moocher dog to get some action.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing, but if Whitey was forced to choose who it protected, it would choose Bu Fang, so its not guaranteed that standing next to him is the safest place.

O, I'm not saying that ordering food is guaranteed to let him stay. I'm just saying that not ordering is hurting his case.

16. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    He was transported from Earth. So, he would know if he watched any TV series set in any of the dynasties. Of course, Bu Fang would probably not be able to tell the difference between the uniforms of a eunuch and a court official immediately. However, Lian Fu was holding the horsetail whisk. The horsetail whisk was typically held by eunuchs, Taoist priests and nuns. (Also considered as a weapon by the Wudang Sect.) Eunuchs were said to carry this around for cleaning purposes, however, it eventually became a status symbol.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that assumes a rather extreme level of similarity between the two cultures that he'd have no real way of confirming without having met someone like the eunuch before.

18. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't that just another Xuanhuan trope? MC gets transported to another world where the culture is basically Medieval Chinese and cultivation is real?

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a common one yes, but its also common for there to be differences between the cultures. After all, the pressures and situations that created one culture are different from those that created the other, and therefore, the author can change whatever they want at their own whim. That being the case, its not really safe to assume anything.

20. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea I don't think Whitey would automatically protect her, maybe if she was an official employee recognized by the system. But just physically being in the restaurant should provide a significant amount of protection.

The main problem I've seen so far is that Whitey doesn't act on its own, and only intervenes in conflicts when Bu Fang orders it to. During the attempted assassination chapter they actually managed to cross swords and scuffle within the restaurant, it wasn't until one of the assassins changed their target to Bu Fang that Whitey came in to take care of the situation.