Spoiler Grabbing Your Hand, Dragging you Away

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Aug 18, 2017.

1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
  2. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML is her older cousin Yuwen Rui (MTL so I'm not sure). I haven't read far enough to see some of those characters from the prologue. But the MC has to quit with her dummy charade soon enough, the three countries get embroiled in war, assassinations left and right, betrayals and so on. It's kinda painful to read, sigh... At least I skipped to the final chapter and it seems like a happy end. It's a drama. I'll skip it for now and read the translations when they pile up enough. Really not in the mood for something of the heavier variety right now. I kinda hate when authors do the old switcheroo - thought you were getting a light-hearted comedy? - think again! - it's a drama where people die... :blobfearful:

3. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Drama :cry::cry: (RIP me) ....when do the leads get married? (does it happen at the start middle or end?)

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  4. insteadofdeath

insteadofdeath Faith

Reading List:
    Link
    Noooooo! Just how dramatic does it get? Does it still retain some comedy? I'm so upset when novels do that... But I get more upset at the me that keeps reading lol

bleedingliar24 and wafflebeauty like this.
  5. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so the potential male leads so far, including the final ML, follow pretty much the same path: start out seemingly gentle - suddenly turn into an asshole (ML tried to choke MC when she witnessed something years ago, so she can't trust him now even though he promises he'll never hurt her; another dude planted an insect/gu/? in her to control her through pain; another dude was her sweet 7th cousin, who later turned out to be a switched child, betrayed everyone and went for assassinating her father if I got it right) - fall in love with MC and expect her to care for them, hah. Not sure 7th cousin is in love with her, but he seems to at least like her? They're so confusing. At least the MC is stone cold and doesn't give a shit about the lot of them, so that's a huge plus for me. But I can't give any good spoilers, I gave up reading at ch37. Got too dark for me. I'll go back to BL for now.

6. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe a smidge of comedy entirely relying on the MC's inner monologue. She's just mentally tough and looks at everyone lightly. Like when this guy wanted to threaten her with pain so her big cousin would be distracted and worried about her, so he won't be able to fight to full potential. She just says she hates being threatened and used, so she 'kills herself' in front of both of them, but she kills herself in a safe way so it won't threaten her life. Cause it's not worth dying over them. Hah... If there's one thing I love about this story - her.

7. lottie

lottie I am who I am

Reading List:
    Link
    Raw link?

8. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I hate that too. And lol, I skipped to the final chapter too. I find it really sad when I come across a series with main character with an interesting personality or ability, but later on those stuff take a backseat to the drama. I also wish this type of series would stop shoving in random pushy love interests. =_=

9. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's really a novel befitting of it's title, the MC was dragged along by all the MLs. At least you should praise the author for choosing the title well.

10. DereDevil

DereDevil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its gets a little heavy as the story progresses but the humor is still there. Like around c60, the MC plays a 'magnificent' piece in a..(its says piano at MTL.. Maybe a zither?) and drove all the animals insane and attack the poor eardrums of humans in the vicinity, except the Yunwen Rui cause he plugged his ears with cotton (lolol) to convice a teacher to support her sister in the throne.

bleedingliar24, Leiaia, Ease and 4 others like this.
  11. DereDevil

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice to know that Yunwen Rui (the older cousin) is the male lead! Especially when the emperor, the MC's father gave out an edict that the MC's sister and Yunwen Rui is honna get married:cry:

bleedingliar24 and alexfilia like this.
  12. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    ML Yuwen Rui is pretty hilarious. He had an asshole moment in their past (the one where he sorta choked MC) but aside from that, he's never had a severe asshole moment since. Though he does tease MC something terrible, like pulling pigtails style. He also regrets that one moment of severe asshole-ness and spends the entire novel trying to make it up to MC and getting her to like him.

Cons for this novel: MC's reverse harem members are largely assholes, even if they don't seem like it. One of them almost rapes her for realz until ML managed to infiltrate in, just in time.

Pros: There's a ton of depth to the plot and to the characters. Also, MC's relationship with ML is very good. It's super touching how ML finally (over all those years) manages to win her over and how he never gives up.

MC's attitude towards relationships and her issues with trust result from her past life (which was incredibly tragic imo):

MC was eldest sister in her family. Her parents for some reason never really liked her. They adored her 'perfect younger sister' though. MC had a good relationship with her sister. MC finally manages to get a boyfriend and introduces him to the family, but MC's sister fell in love with him too.

MC gets leukemia? some kind of cancer. All the treatments and threat of impending death wear down on her BF. In a drunken/despairing moment, he sleeps with MC's sister and MC's sister gets pregnant. MC has no idea about any of this. MC's sister and parents somehow manage to get BF to marry the sister. MC finds out towards the end of her treatment (when she's on the verge of getting better for good) from a nurse about the marriage. She staggers out and arrives at the ceremony. Seeing them both, she coughs up blood and dies right there.

From two extras (one from her BF's POV & one from sister's), we see more of what happened. BF really loved her, but he was also a weak man. He fell for the sister's ploy, but wasn't strong enough to say no or 'fess up to MC. Sister admired and loved MC as family, but she also couldn't resist her feelings for BF. This leads her to do those despicable things to get BF.

The wedding ceremony at the surface looked like BF and the sister smiling, but actually they were both miserable. MC's death caused immense guilt in the sister and for BF to lose all heart. BF becomes a complete drunk and doesn't even care when sister miscarries the baby. Sister at the end feels like she deserved everything she got and regrets what happened to MC.

Sometime post-canon, BF is reborn into same world as MC. He holds out in the hope that he'll meet her again, but once again ends up sleeping with some woman 70-80% similar to MC. He realizes how much he's failed MC and quietly marries the woman. Later he meets ML and they have a conversation about love. ML states that he would never, ever let go of the person he falls in love with. While out, BF runs into MC. He intends to chase after MC again, but then he sees ML with MC and realizes that ML's precious wife was MC all the while. He has to give up because he realizes that MC and ML only see each other. BF realizes he never deserved her and that she finally found someone who would treasure her the way she deserved to be treasured.

Behind the scenes, ML eats some vinegar and MC and ML fall into bed. XD

13. mican07

mican07 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would still want to read this evwn though its kinda tragic the way you all spoils us..so can anyone gives more spoiler on how she will be back in the palace? What's up with the young master guy? Will they know that shes actually a princess?..pretty please..many thanks in advance...:)

bleedingliar24 and ceruleanpink like this.
  14. JadeBunny

JadeBunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought that the ML is the blind guy

15. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it said why MC transmigrated? Was there any trigger on the host's side like other novels?

Junoan, bleedingliar24 and Aeiru28 like this.
  16. DereDevil

Reading List:
    Link
    No, as far as I know. The MC just died on the wedding of her sister and next, woke up as the fifth princess

17. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    I've just finished this novel and I'm glad she ended up with Yuwen Rui. He was the better one amongst the MLs, beside of that one incident of him chocking her, he quite doted her and he was the only one who never thought of using her. The other MLs planned to use her and felt in love with her in the process and expected her to return their feeling bc they then acted nicer to her.

One of a noble playboy. MC knew he was a playboy bc she had seen him courting many ladies secretly in the past, this brat first courted the cousin lady, then he wanted to courted the young lady and pretended to be nice to MC. MC duped him, so when he invited them, he presented all the food that the young lady hated. He begrudged MC and claimed that MC was a thief after he slipped a ruby inside her sleeve when they bumped earlier. MC got imprisoned and Yuwen Rui broke her out.
    He was the boy that MC kicked into the pond in the prologue.
    He was from the same Country as the fake 7th cousin. He was 7th cousin's aide and later when 7th cousin claimed his throne, he became the prime minister.
    For me, he was the most hateful character. He was the one that put gu in MC, blackmailed her, kidnapped her (more that once) and imprisoned her.
    He also tortured Yuwen Rui while he was imprisoning MC, and he still had guts to wonder why MC didn't love him instead.
    Yes, actually the young master already knew MC identity, bc when he was a boy, after being kicked into the pond, his father told him MC's identity. He wanted to use MC as bargaining chip against Yuwen Rui, Yuwen Rui had been visiting him to reclaim MC, but when they're in the middle of that, MC got imprisoned first.

The other found out bc they met again when MC was with Yuwen Rui, and she was formally introduced.

You'll be glad that he's not, bc other than Yuwen Rui, other MLs were cray cray yandere. (I didn't count 7th cousin, since he obviously only took her as siblings/ childhood friend).
    First he wrongly kidnapped MC bc he hated Yuwen Rui. He always lose in war against Yuwen Rui, that's why he hated him so much. When he knew he took the wrong princess (he wanted the eldest twin sister), he took her to his country, dressed her as eunuch and forced her to serve him.

Then he was making up with one of his concubine's doted sister in front of the concubine and MC just to triggered MC's feeling. She got triggered but not bc Yuwen Rui's and twin sis' impeding wedding, but bc her past life. Then he confessed that he would marry her instead and that he was better than Yuwen Rui who planned to marry her sister.
    [​IMG]

I guess he forgot about his own harem which had include his dead brother's wife (the sweetheart).

Then while he imprisoned MC, he kept questioning MC why she didn't love him. Then when the sweetheart died protecting him, he came to MC's room, drunk, and attempted to rape her .

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  18. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm: Abundant dog blood...:blobfearful: There's so much a character can be tossed about before s/he goes crazy...

bleedingliar24 and pinkrainmi like this.
  19. ceruleanpink

ceruleanpink Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you please spoil us about the MC's twin sister (the princess)? And what happens to ying lu?

20. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    The one that the Emperor truly loved was his dead biological sister. An Ke Zhi looked very similar to her, that's why he spoiled her so much.
    When 7th brother and Meng young master attacked the palace, MC helped the Emperor and escaped with him. The Emperor realised that MC was no longer a fool and felt guilty for abandoning her all those years. He also felt guilty toward MC's mother, Yuwen Rou, bc the one that he loved was not her. Then during the escape, the Emperor covered for MC, before he fainted he told her the location of the treasure map that everyone wanted (there had been intruders in palace bc of this). The arrow that he took for MC was very poisonous, then before he died he told MC and Yuwen Rui to take care of An Ke Zhi.
    He left 2 decree, 1) Leaving the throne to An Ke Zhi, 2) Marriage decree between An Ke Zhi and Yuwen Rui.
    Yuwen Rui made a deal with An Ke Zhi, he would help her strengthen her position in the palace, in exchange, she wouldn't use the 2nd (marriage) decree.

Later An Ke Zhi showed up in the exchange hostage place (the place in the prologue).

Details in spoiler below.

She remained MC best friend, she was obvious to her brother's plan. After their parents were killed, she got amnesia, and that's why she truly believed that she was a merchant daughter. Her little uncle was actually her father's right hand. Her female cousin was actually from the prominent household in her country of origin and the fiance of 7th cousin (YWX).

Yuwen Rui had been caught and torture by Meng Young Master (with leeches, salt water, whip, etc). Meng Young Master was very jealous of YWR and would only released YWR if MC loved him instead.

YL found that MC was imprisoned in her residence and wondered. She didn't know about MC's past with Meng young master, but she could see that during this time, her brother was very good for MC, he had been gifting MC with many rare and expensive objects (I would think she had "retrograde amnesia" too, bc she momentarily forgot that MC was imprisoned and YWR was tortured by her brother). The maid who served MC also hated MC for not returning her master's affection and "kindness".

Anyway, 7th cousin decreed Meng Young Master a marriage to lady from some prominent household. This marriage was very important to his quest of revenge for his parents' death. MC intentionally goaded YL to let her met with the so called fiancee. The fiancee fake a trip and Meng Young Master forced MC to apologise. This made YL disappointed with her brother and help MC conveyed message outside. She was caught and put on house arrest by her brother. YL still exchanging letter through the black pig with MC.

Later, there was a banquet in the palace and MC asked YL to convey message to 7th brother that MC had sth that he really really wanted (the treasure maps; 1) given by MC's father, 2) given by the golden (blind) guy of the prologue). There were total of 3 maps, each country held one.
    MC also previously offered the same maps to Meng Young Master in exchange for her and YWR's freedom, but the cray cray yandere refused bc all he wanted was her.

7th cousin agreed to the exchange and it was done in the same place as the prologue's. When they were in the middle of exchanging, MC's sis and the golden boy (he was the emperor of the other country) showed up. They also wanted the maps.

Anyway, the situation was later resolved and it was seen that AKZ and 7th cousin's relationship got a bit better. (the one that AKZ loved was 7th cousin).

On a different note: I felt that MC's fiance in her past life was rather pitiful, he could be the ML in other novel. The only one that truly malicious was MC's sister.
    He kept loving and only looked at MC. Even when MC felt sick and dying he kept supporting her. But his parents didn't want him to be with a dying girl, so they had been pushing him to break up with MC. In one of their argument, he got dead drunk and called MC's phone. MC's sister picked it up and came to his residence. He kept calling MC's name and asked MC not to leave him. MC's sister pretended to be MC and slept with him. In the morning, he told MC's sister in anger that last night was a mistake and he knew she was in love with him, but he only loved MC.
    Later MC's sister told him that she was pregnant, he told her to abort, but the sis had told his parents first, so they forced him to marry the sis instead.
    At that moment, he already given up his happiness with MC and just hoped that once MC was healed up, she would found another man who could really love her.
    He told the sis that he would marry her, but he would not love the sis nor her baby. The sister in fit of jealous, told MC "her version of everything" while begging for forgiveness.

At the wedding, when the "I do"s was finished, MC fainted, 10 hours later MC died. At that time, he just kept sillently hugging MC's dead body. The sis was happy on the inside, bc now that MC was gone, she could get his heart.
    Later during the argument, the sis slipped from stair and bleeding. The sis begging him to save the child and started to confess on how she came to MC and told MC everything before the wedding day. After hearing that, he calmly phone ambulance, and left the sis. While the sis was in the surgery, he killed himself by inhaling smoke (CO2) (the one when one get into car in the enclosed space and turned the car on).

In retrospect, it really wasn't his fault. I think the one that the sis did count as raping him. If there was any fault of him, it was not being ruthless enough to ignore his parents and force the sis to abort the baby?
    Well at least YWR was ruthless enough that when he and a girl was given a deadly aphrodisiac, he refused to have sex with her and kept asking for an anti-poison which was hard to produce and there was only one of it, so the other girl would die.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018