Question Grandmaster Strategist

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by TooLazyToThink, Aug 30, 2017.

1. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it any good? I tried reading the first few chapters but it was boring but the high rating makes me think twice. Library of heaven's path got me hooked immediately on chapter 1. I love underestimated mc plot. Breakers also has a high rating but it was really so boring and I dropped it at chapter 55. I'm now doubtful if the rating system is accurate or not or just each to their own interest.

2. Tjumi-Tjumi

Tjumi-Tjumi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rating is based on each person's taste tho... So what people hate might just be your bread.

That aside. Tgs is probably the most different novel out there, mostly about scheming and strategies. I LOVED it, but it hasn't been updated since forever and nobody knows what happens to Tannhauser... So, up to you whether you wanna read or not...

3. Ol bugga

Ol bugga Carved of stone

Reading List:
    Link
    the rating system isn't useful. Grandmaster strategist is definitely worth a read.

4. OrderedChaos

OrderedChaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm my opinion is that it is well-written but once you notice its flaws it can get boring to read so I dropped it. The early chapters until the MC return arc is great but it was also when I dropped. I do plan on returning when it is finished but I would recommend a read, as for breakers and the fact that you dropped it I would say the reviews there are spot on. Don't trust the rating system, it is a good gauge but theres alot of series here that are overrated. I recommend reading reviews that look like an actual critical review or avoiding the reviews that just look like opinion pieces

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    DlorejMil likes this.
  5. criticalmind

criticalmind Enter Chunni Name Here

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty good, but seems to have been dropped. It's more old fashioned wuxia with lots of plotting and cloak and dagger. The MC is really smart and devious. Basically uses his strategies to manipulate people because someone killed his fiance. He's usually carefree and likes to mind his own business, but can be really ruthless when he needs to be.

6. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Its quite decent.
    But bare in mind that it have quite a LOT of info dumps. Its wordy.
    If you can read pass through that..
    then you can enjoy the story

7. carapeto

carapeto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like historical novels, It's amazing!
    Still I believe it's on hold ATM...

8. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading this a couple of days ago and I'm pretty much in the OP's corner. While it does some interesting things when it comes to intrigue and strategy, it doesn't do them better than other books I've come across.

This isn't a damning sin or anything like that, but I'm also not horribly invested in any of the characters 18 chapters in. Jiang Zhe has a dearth of interpersonal relationships; basically nothing outside of plotting politics other than that brief one with Liu Piaoxiang. The one that is sustaining the story the most at this point is him planning revenge against Liang Wan. I am sort of amused at Jiang Zhe's cowardice/caution/paranoia though. It's probably the character trait that comes the closest to making him endearing.