Discussion Has This Ever Happened To You?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Crystalraven, Jan 15, 2017.

?

Have you ever had a similar experience?

1. Yes

89.2%
  2. No

10.8%
  1. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    I played Elsword on December 2012 (ID Elsword CBT). It was quite an enjoyable game. You need to go to the city outskirt, manually make a group, then dive into the dungeon together. Sometime I had to wait for 30 minutes just to gather my party members. Troublesome, but it was fun. No one bitching about dungeon rush. Your party member will wait for you if you need to afk for few minutes (one of my party member once had to go AFK to take a massive dump for ~20 minutes; we had a nice laugh that day :) ). The boss drops weren't that hard to get. +5 weapon was fair enough, +7 was godly. Etc.

Then the college life got hectic; combined with my potato ISP (sweet Madokami that abominable 5kBps), and soooo many lab works, I decide to quit for few years.

I started playing again few years later (2014 iirc), and I was… baffled. Where the hell was that fun game I once had? Everyone keep shouting 'rush', '+7 only party', etc; you bunch of no-life brats, I'm playing game for fun to relieve my stress, not to chase a nonsensical prestige that won't worth a shit irl.
    Thanks to that, I only played for 1 month before going back to hiatus, again. The fun game has gone, forever.

Well, few years later, looks like I was too bored that time and played Elsword again. iirc it should be on the first quarter of 2016. I decided to not give a damn; the fun game has gone, it became a mere online game for the sake of boasting yourself. Everyone are detached to each other. No chatting on the dungeon, no waiting for your teammates, I feel like playing with BOT party, except their skills are randomized; you're lucky if you got a good one, but disastrous when you get a bad one. But whatever, I can quit anytime I want, so why should I be bothered with it?

Now, it's 2017. The application is still installed on my laptop, but I only play it when there's a decent event. My Asura got into lv 96 (thanks to those level-up talismans lol), but I'm too lazy to get into whatever-you-will-get-when-you-reach-level-99

Crystalraven likes this.
  2. Abox

Abox ☆Havek's Lil' Kitten☆ {Rea's Slave} |Bielt's Wife|

Reading List:
    Link
    Now everyone is some kind of staff+knuckles or sniper

Crystalraven likes this.
  3. Crystalraven

Crystalraven † Strawberry † Knight †

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... I was a beta tester in Elsword. I was quite excited for its official launch. Then I stopped for some reason and I haven't played since. I kinda want to pick it up again just to play Elesis...

Abox likes this.
  4. Crystalraven

Reading List:
    Link
    I see halberd users EVERYWHERE. And Stormers are still in demand, nice to see that hasn't changed. Plus the level 3 skills of DW looks cool.

Abox likes this.
  5. Crystalraven

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess the overinflation of the genre killed it. The player populace is too thinly spread.

Ale Cole likes this.
  6. cindykate

cindykate Well-Known fuck3r

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you.. same thing for me 3yrs ragnarok player 4 yrs cabal player and 3yrs edgeworld player here.. those games sucks now.. lol

Crystalraven likes this.
  7. Crystalraven

Reading List:
    Link
    I played Ragnarok and cabal, though I've honestly never heard of edgeworld. Was it good?

8. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    I only have Puzzles and dragons as well as Uno on my phone. And for puzzle and dragons I will remove friends if they dont play for a month. I have limited spots and dont have infinite capacity even if i increase the capacity with stones. I will add new ones if they have leader monsters that I need to pair with my team. When you play continuously, you will never notice any loss because you are constantly removing and adding so the replacements will make it seem like you never lost anything at all. But while I was never removing anyone, there were many who simply stopped playing forever. I only keep people who play at least once a day.

dont ask me for my game tag, I like to keep a lot of my different worlds separate. I will let you know that I have a Fully evolved Gadius, Awoken Cao Cao, Reincarnated Minerva, a Krishna, and a whole bunch of Gods from the Rare Egg Machine. I have very strong teams. Not all max powered with fully maxed skills and maxed bonus stats, but some monsters are. And it is approaching it. I have 2 teams that are completely maxed in everything.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    Crystalraven likes this.
  9. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I still remember when I used to be one of the greatest swordsman in the game that I used to play. I was one of the most famous, given that I was capable of killing 100 people in 10 minutes with a sword.

Even when I was late to enter the game, the first dude had 29 kills and 8 minutes left, it took me 4 minutes to surpassed him. My best record is 375 kills with 5 deaths. My KD was 70%++

I was one of the few people who were able to defeat hackers. GMs don't exist in that game at all...

But then, the game just died....

Crystalraven likes this.
  10. Silveus

Silveus Never Drinks Mana Pots

Reading List:
    Link
    I play an mmorpg called tibia, they're currently having their 20th aniversity event, but their servers are under a DDoS attack and their is massive lags and kicks. While they only come every now and then, Tibia is the kind of game where missing a single heal can kill you, and when you die, you loose 10% of all your exp and skills. So it's currently unplayable.

That said, Tibia has lost majority of it's players over the years. I started in 2005, and have played on and off again since then. Almost know one i know remains. And 90% of the server population is just botters.

As for my specific situation with loosing friends and the like, in Tibia, i have my own guild. It's small, and everyone is from different places, so we couldn't really do a lot of events. Some were from brazil, some poland, some germany, some france, some australia, and some america (I was the only american) Everyone was low level besides my vice leader from France, and myself.

My vice leader went on vacation after finding a new job back in July. He told me his parents had retired near a town called Nice, so he went there for his vacation during the Bastille Day celebrations.

He never logged on again. So i'm pretty sure he died in the terrorist attack.

Crystalraven likes this.
  11. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, I used to play Toram with my friend too! It was way past beta and we just play duo killing bosses systematically. It was quite fun, but then we hit the grind phase and felt like it takes too much time; what's with my friend have to write his thesis and I have many reports to do. So we just kinda left it off, though I still have it on my phone. We're playing shadowverse right now since it's pretty casual but decently competitive.

And no.. not really. I don't really get intimates with strangers off the internet. When I started a game, I either don't care and play solo or I play it with my IRL friends. Like Toram or RO2 or DN, the fields were pretty much empty(DN use instance dungeon, but DN design pretty much made the game only truly starts only when you hit the current cap) but we're pretty much unconcerned and take our time exploring the game.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    Crystalraven likes this.
  12. RickyTheKind

RickyTheKind 『Isekai Pending』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ummmm guys you better play with World of Warcraft theres STILL a decent amount of good players here. and most of the good players. Next game maybe is Ragnarok II on steam . . . they have nice players but. Im not playing it anymore XD. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Crystalraven likes this.
  13. Azure Blaze

Azure Blaze 『Stability』『Calmness』『Tranquility』『Heavenly Blue』

Reading List:
    Link
    This happens often, sometimes a new game is so popular, but when another game was released others will decide to abandon the game and play the new game, other players(their friends or acquaintance) will soon follow, so the user's total count is getting low and low, especially if there's no events.

Crystalraven likes this.
  14. wilico98

wilico98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Best mmorpg you can play is Habbo, trust me guys

Crystalraven likes this.
  15. Abox

Abox ☆Havek's Lil' Kitten☆ {Rea's Slave} |Bielt's Wife|

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup :p

Although the knuckles are making a comeback

Crystalraven likes this.
  16. Crystalraven

Reading List:
    Link
    Last time I trusted someone like that was when I discovered Boku no Pico... so sorry if I have trust issues xD.

17. Crystalraven

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I just lack irl friends to play with, that's why I get attached to online friends. I was a penniless student see? So all I had to play games on was either the local cafe or my phone. But since I dislike the rowdiness of elementary students playing DoTA back then (you won't believe how much salt an cussing comes out from their mouths) I leaned more on playing games on my phone.

Scarecrow and Abox like this.
  18. Crystalraven

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... Overinflation killed MMORPGs. Not like back when there were few games and lots of players. Now it feels like most MMOs are single player games with other players running around the map.

19. Crystalraven

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial skills were always useful. Back in my guild, more than half of the top 10 players were knuckle users. They're really great to have around when you go hunting high level bosses as they can serve as both Breakers and Tanks if need be.

Abox likes this.
  20. Ale Cole

Ale Cole [FGO Newbie][Uninteresting][Onee-san Searcher]

Reading List:
    Link
    BTW I chose Toram cus I can customize my character (lol)

Crystalraven likes this.