Japanese Hazure Skill ‘Mapping’

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by ElefantVerd, Nov 9, 2017.

1. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Hazure Skill ‘Mapping’ wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Saikyou Party to Tomo ni Dungeon ni Idomu

Raw Link:
    http://ncode.syosetu.com/n5871dy/

NU Link:
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/...wa-saikyou-party-to-tomo-ni-dungeon-ni-idomu/

Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    Dropped by current translator, "Mana"(https://binbogami.wordpress.com/2017/11/09/hazure-skill-ch-24/):
    I also won’t be translating any more Hazure Skill. I’ve been hired by another group to translate their chapters for them and… paid work > unpaid work, so… I’m sorry. If anyone’s interested in picking up this series let me know and I can send you the term base (glossary) I made for names and stuff.

Description:
    (NU Description)

‘Mapping’.

For his 15th birthday, Note is gifted this inferior version of the skills ‘World Map’ and ‘Area Map’. In other words, a trash skill.

Soon after, Note’s childhood friend obtains extremely powerful skills and due to his self-loathing, reluctantly decides to part ways.

Having driven away the childhood friend he secretly had feelings for, he lives his days in misery while trying to earn a daily income through adventuring.

“…We need that skill of yours.”

However, his life changes when a young man named Jin approaches him.

This is a story of a boy named Note, who—with no cheats or skills of his own—joins a party full of the strongest cheat-like skills and sweats, fights, and struggles his way to dungeon domination. A story of that kind of growth.

SFcipher, Kaitoss, Wujigege and 4 others like this.
  2. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    is this novel good read? how this novel's mc personality?

3. Wise old fisher

Wise old fisher [I am not a potato] [Chorus heresy]

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Alundric

Alundric Member of Gentleman Alliance

Reading List:
    Link
    it's an easy read, as i've read up to latest translated by the translator, this novel had the slice of life feeling while maintaining the adventuresque story plot intact. Regarding the MC, it's a beta mc.

5. Alundric

Alundric Member of Gentleman Alliance

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Wise old fisher

Wise old fisher [I am not a potato] [Chorus heresy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. I see
    I saw the lasted update today and i though about the irony
    My bad

7. Chaostic

Chaostic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    your confusion is understandable considering thats when we where told it was being droped

ElefantVerd likes this.
  8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    so far on RAW his character still grow~
    from suck gradually to good~
    well it's still on going~

Morvian likes this.
  9. EpicWizard

EpicWizard Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Hazure Skill ‘Mapping’ wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Saikyou Party to Tomo ni Dungeon ni Idomu
    Raw Link: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n5871dy/
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series...wa-saikyou-party-to-tomo-ni-dungeon-ni-idomu/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Last translator appears to have disappeared/been eaten by a Grue, Novel has an interesting world, still ongoing in COO
    Description:
    ‘Mapping’.

For his 15th birthday, Note is gifted this inferior version of the skills ‘World Map’ and ‘Area Map’. In other words, a trash skill.

Soon after, Note’s childhood friend obtains extremely powerful skills and due to his self-loathing, reluctantly decides to part ways.

Having driven away the childhood friend he secretly had feelings for, he lives his days in misery while trying to earn a daily income through adventuring.

This is a story of a boy named Note, who—with no cheats or skills of his own—joins a party full of the strongest cheat-like skills and sweats, fights, and struggles his way to dungeon domination. A story of that kind of growth.

--------------------------------------------
    Really like the world being created here and I'd like to see the translation continued. The first translator dropped it, another guy picked it up for four chapters and then disappeared. Last release was over 6 months ago now.

Based on the original translators last post you may be able to get a glossary from him.

I'd be willing to do proofreading for flow and feel in English but I don't know a lick of Japanese.

10. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

I started reading this novel after seeing this post and so far (I'm at ch-12), I gotta say that I really like it. It's well written. The MC's development and story progression (again, so far) seems logical so it's evident the author has thought things out. Thumbs up from me for someone to pick it up! :blobtriumph::blobthumbsdown:

11. EpicWizard

EpicWizard Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been reading through the machine translations but it kinda makes a mess of things. Especially since the MC's name keeps getting translated as "a note", "the notes" or "notebook"... -_-

12. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

EpicWizard likes this.
  13. Jedioutcast

Jedioutcast Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. insania

insania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 I guess since the series seems interesting. I might consider reading it in the future. Anyway, all the best in getting the web novel picked up by a translator.

ElefantVerd and leprosus like this.
  15. leprosus

leprosus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +9000

ElefantVerd likes this.
  16. GuldTasken

GuldTasken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the thread as been slowly forgotten. I will bump it up again.

17. Yerocia

Yerocia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 (y):sushi_chubby:

ElefantVerd likes this.
  18. exkusueito

exkusueito New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 really like the story

19. Lime Tea

Lime Tea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :D I've decided to pick this up. I'm a heavy MTL / dictionary user though since my Japanese isn't that great outside of classroom settings. Especially fantasy vocab =w=
    Just as a heads up, it's going to take me a while to sort through all the chapters - it seems that the author has modified and edited a handful of chapters on their website. I may or may not have to re-translate a chapter or two.

SFcipher, Yerocia, Irie and 2 others like this.
  20. Godhole

Godhole Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Name:
    Hazure Skill ‘Mapping’ wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Saikyou Party to Tomo ni Dungeon ni Idomu

Raw Link:
    http://ncode.syosetu.com/n5871dy/

NU Link:
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/...wa-saikyou-party-to-tomo-ni-dungeon-ni-idomu/

Why It Should Get Picked Up: Really interesting novel. First of all, it's not an isekai, and secondly the rpg aspect isn't as pronounced as other fantasy novels. There is no levels, only 'skills', and training. Mc was in the two or three first chapters a lazy loser, so much that even his innocent and sweet childhood friend couldn't put up with it anymore. The main reason he was like that is because of the skill he obtained being a trash skill. Unlike in other novels in which everyone that has a skill doesn't work hard and where the mc without talent become op with hardwork, here even people with skills still work hard, and because of their skills they're also guaranteed to have talent and advance faster even without putting as much effort, and because of that they can also split their effort into learning other things like magic for exemple. All of this makes it pretty hard for people without good skills to keep up with others, and because of this the mc doesn't even bother training and gives up all of his hopes when he see how much overpowered his childhood friend is. tl;dr : people without op skills are fucked.

Like you can see in the description, he does end up joining a party that knows how to use his mapping skills, in places in which the world map skill and area map skill doesn't work, 'other worlds' : dungeons! But although he has now a use for his skill, he still don't want to be a burden for his new allies like he was with his old friend, so he'll still train his ass off to not be too much of a dead weight in the dungeon. The mc gives up on his lazyness and start to progress by training with his new allies's help.

All in all, the world and characters are pretty interesting, and the slice of life aspect doesn't hinder the adventurous aspect of the series. I don't really know why, but this series somehow gives me vibes of dungeon meshi, drifting dragons, grimgar and other similar series.

Description:
    (NU Description)

‘Mapping’.