Spoiler Heavenly Blessing

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jun 17, 2017.

1. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think, to clarify:
    First/top row is Scum Villain (from left to right): SQQ, Bing-Mei (and the rhino monster that needed to be killed to be able to enter that mausoleum where LBH's dad revived SQQ at), LQG

Second/middle row is FOD/GDC (from L to R): Forever-Alone-Single-Dog JC "Straight male's self-cultivation✧" (直男的自我修养??), LWJ, WWX

Third/bottom row is HB/HOB (from L to R): XL, FX & MQ (I think? Maybe QR that mean ghost is in there too??), HC.

XD Love the chibis and how they're interacting with each other outside of the white borders!! I can only gush at how cute HC and XL are!! (My bias has spoken) Thank you for sharing, @scriptor!! ( ´ ∀ `)ノ~ ♡

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    kiara8, Kittsune, Ami and 3 others like this.
  2. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yuslia, kly, insteadofdeath and 2 others like this.
  3. insteadofdeath

insteadofdeath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooo pretty. I'm dying. I especially love the last one, that's some beautiful yet subtle detail on the face *_*

Kittsune, Yuslia, kly and 1 other person like this.
  4. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OH GOODNESS I can't keep losing blood like this :blobnosebleed: but...this is exceptionally stunning!!
    No joke, I keep ogling HC and XL in bridal clothing HAHAHA but XL in ceremonial outfit is so magnificent! The detail! The lines are pretty and delicate with that inky style I adore-!!//instant save to my harddrive lolol

Off topic and I don't know if I mentioned previously but HC with that red bead in his braid reminds me of when XL had lost a red coral earring during that time when he was all dressed up for the ritual/performance thingy and caught little bun falling off the city wall. FX accused MQ of stealing the earring but I had my suspicions...lol
    But then again, it doesn't have to be the very same earring that XL wore, just tickles my feels when I think that it is. (•‾⌣‾•)و ̑̑♡

can't stop peeking at the art even while typing this comment XD;;
    KYAA (꒪ཀ꒪)✧ my eyes are so delighted rn ahaha

Thanks so much for these, @scriptor ! These are beyond pretty, they're absolutely fabulous!!:blobxd:

5. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard that the author intended to make this novel into 5 part (the 1st part with more than 50 chapters) , it gonna be a long wait_( :3/L) _

kiara8, Kittsune, scriptor and 3 others like this.
  6. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    kiara8, Kittsune, Ami and 2 others like this.
  7. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG BING-GE! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUUU XD
    Well, LBH's more like Bing-mei so it would've looked strange to try and draw serious art with a teary-eyed ghost in the picture lol
    Somewhat resembles Saitama/One Punch Man though, so that's pretty badass.

WWX and HC on the other hand, are such excellent eye-candy. LOOK AT THEIR BISHIE-NESS *q*

Kittsune, scriptor, Ami and 2 others like this.
  8. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now im curious about HC's height :3 WWX is 180cm, he has to be taller than him.

scriptor, alexfilia and kly like this.
  9. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm laughing so hard at the idea of monk!Bing-mei, because you usually send a Buddhist monk or cultivator to deal with 'evil.'

...either Bing-mei's in disguise or he's too busy pouting at being separated from Shizun to cooperate like the other two. :blobxd:

10. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha enough of bullying Bing-mei
    Time to act like a real man :blobowoevil:
    FB_IMG_1504017193475.jpg

ferrelrose, kiara8, Kittsune and 6 others like this.
  11. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    YAY BING-MEI IS NO LONGER A MONK

did Shizun tell him to man up from the sidelines lol

OMG the eye candy *drools*

Kittsune, kly, Neelambori and 2 others like this.
  12. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, Baike Baidu is amazing.

They have the heights for Scum Villain characters (probably because it's finished). Here's the info for comparison with HB~

LBH: 188 cm (Shizun, what did you feed this kid. And don't tell me it's love)
    SQQ: 184 cm
    LQG: 186 cm
    YQY: 187 cm

Kittsune, Fuyuneko, kly and 2 others like this.
  13. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol BingHe's height is the same as LWJ OxO

kly, alexfilia and scriptor like this.
  14. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I thought the authoress was going to end the flashbacks @ ch 68 and return to present situation but I’m glad she didn’t. THE LATEST CH’S (72&73) ARE REALLY TOUCHING. //keels over

So...
    Continuing on after last time's summary (•́⌄•́๑)૭✧

Ch 69 (brief ver.):
    no MCxML moments. QR is older but still going strong as a cousin-con (does that work?). Lang Ying, a worn-out man, arrives to the MC's temple looking for the MC. According to LY, Yong An Country is suffering from a severe drought. MC is shocked to hear this because not one word of that situation ever reached him in the 3 yrs he's ascended.​

• 3 years since MC has ascended, another statue of MC is being unveiled at the Ba Qian Palace Hall. People have gathered to witness the reveal and there’s cheering. The statue is gold, one hand wielding a sword the other in the nian hua hand pose. Face compassionate, handsome, ruthless but not indifferent etc etc.
    • MC has unmatched popularity amongst his countrypeople. Many civilians flocked over to offer incense, donate coins. The plum blossom trees’ branches are tied with countless scarlet prayers.
    • MC is actually present in the hall that day, sitting with a straight back underneath his image (his sculpture? that the people will worship and pray to) quietly overlooking the crowd and listening to what some people are conversing about.
    “Why does the Prince’s hall not have any praying mats for the people to kneel on?”
    “That’s right. Temple caretaker (?) said not to kneel. This is an open temple, how can we not kneel?”
    “You guys must be coming to the XL temples for the first time, then. All the XL temples are like this, it’s been said that after MC ascended, he’d appeared in the dreams of the temple caretaker and the incense collectors* telling them kneeling to pray was unnecessary. That’s why, in the temples dedicated to the MC, there are no place for people to kowtow.”
    MC’s nodding along despite the fact nobody can see him. Who’d have known that the speakers would also laugh, “What kind of reason is this? Don’t Daoist Immortals especially like to get people to kneel? Must be rumours, hah.”
    MC chokes. He even hears someone else parrot: “Yeah, should definitely kneel. Kowtowing to pray, only then does it seem sincere!”
    “Then forget it, it’s not a problem if there’s no praying mat. Let’s kneel right here on the floor then.”
    Those people kneel and hundreds of others follow to do the same immediately.
    MC silently avoided saying anything, sighed in his heart: “Leave it, give them time.”
    The next moment, a surge of innumerable clamorous voices rushing forth like crashing waves from all directions called out to him.
    “Seeking to enter senior high school! Senior high school! This year, I definitely seek to enter senior high school! If I succeed, I’ll fulfil the promises I made in return!”
    “Wishing for a safe journey!”
    “The ladies I fancy all fancy my senpai. Please make him a bit ugly, I beseech you!”
    “Damn it, I refuse to believe I can’t give birth to a plump, healthy child!!!” XD​
    • MC disconnects from the voices since he was getting overwhelmed by them. Even FX’s deafened by the prayers of so many people. XL temple burns incense so enthusiastically that MC can hear all the prayers and wishes that are far more than a thousand.
    • In the beginning, MC relied on the novelty of ascending and enthusiastically charged forth, personally handling every single matter regardless of importance. Afterwards, the number of people praying for blessings was actually too much, so a portion was placed aside for FX and MQ. The two went over every one of them, sifting through again for the wishes that had priority and were of value to give to MC.
    • While MQ diligently completes his share and reporting to MC once he’s done without a complaint, FX on the other hand, simply can't comprehend why people love to blindly seek harmony for personal/home & work matters to come all the way to XL temple. MC is a martial/military god, why would he be managing these kinds of things?
    • FX is further bewildered to discover that MC's believers are mostly women lol
    FX: "Your Highness, why do you have so many female believers!"
    MC with both hands tucked into his sleeves, curled up on his seat upon a fragrant cloud, smiled: "Is it bad to have many female believers? Beauties as plentiful as clouds, warms the heart and delights the eyes." (LOL MC so smooth, so charming)
    Poor FX is terrified: "There's not one good thing about that! Female believers seem like, apart from wanting to marry well and wanting to give birth to a child successfully all day long, they have no other wishes. There's no serious wish, looking at them only makes my head hurt!"​
    • Grinning MC was about to reply when QR bursts into the scene. //Kool-aid style XD jk jk
    Well, technically, MC and FX's convo is interrupted by the crowd's sudden uproar at QR's arrival. There's even a person running around shouting, "Young Jing Wang's coming, quickly go, quickly go! Young Jing Wang's coming!" (Jing Wang is QR's title - forgot to mention earlier, sorry;; )​
    • Upon hearing the three words, "Young Jing Wang", everyone reacted as if they had heard "Great Devil King" instead. XD Each and every one present turned pale with fright, scattering like birds and beasts. In the blink of an eye, the area appeared as if a tornado had passed through.
    • QR swaggers in, handsome etc. This punk is 17-18 yrs old already but still a hardcore fan of his cousin hate that I find that a little cute (ꐦ°᷄д°᷅)
    • Crazy as QR is, he still seriously pays his respects to MC at his temple, kneeling and the like.
    • 3 yrs ago, MC left the city and went out on his journey to broaden his horizons etc, QR had been grounded so he couldn't see MC off. After MC returned, QR still wasn't in time to see his cousin's face even once when MC ascends that very night amongst rumbling thunder whilst QR's sleeping.
    • During the 3 yrs that passed, MC visited his parents, Guo Shi and the others in their dreams many times but appeared before QR in his dreams only once. MC warned QR to be a benevolent person from now on, to control his temper and that he cannot cause trouble. As a result, QR was completely focussed on participating in building MC's temples everywhere. Donating merits and virtues, offerings lamps(?)) etc.
    • Despite QR being dedicated and putting all his attention in following MC's words, from time to time, he still stirs up trouble every now and then, leading to FX having to go down and clean up his mess. (Hence FX always gets this impatient look when he sees QR. lol)
    QR: "Cousin, this is the 500th sacrificial offering of lamps. As your lil bro, I've treated you with such devotion, just when are you going to come see me? Appearing in my dreams is fine too ah. Uncle and aunt also really miss you dearly, you don't even spare us any of your attention, truly both high and cold."
    FX: "Don't bother with what he's spouting. The Emperor's already told you, you can't appear before mortals in times when no major disasters are occurring."​
    • QR busies himself with writing on the lamp. MC can't help but peek over to read it and is relieved that QR's prayer is very normal, wishing for the country to prosper and its people at peace, favourable weather etc. instead of an appeal for so-and-so's entire family to be decapitated at the food market gate etc. LOL
    • Seeing QR writing on the lamp brings up MC's memory of having first met QR.
    • QR's mum was actually of lower status when she eloped and didn't dare go outside and meet anyone's eyes (it was mentioned that QR's mum isn't actually blood-related to MC's mum I think?). Back when QR was always following his mum, she still wanted to get a blessing for her son, to let him grow up wise and gain knowledge so he wouldn't hole himself up, becoming a frog at the bottom of a well (person with limited outlook/exp.)
    Uhh...While he may be the infamous green demon/ghost, lives in a dank cave and enjoys a diet worse than frogs but at the very least, he's handsome and looks nothing like a frog. Does that count??
    • QR's mum asks the Empress to bring QR along to the temple.
    • No matter how discreet they were, an upstanding noble clan's scandal is always leaked and spread somehow, someway faster than a shot arrow. There was nobody in the city who wasn't aware of that mother and son's matter. That's why even the nobles' children were consciously alienating lil' QR.
    • MC was playing on the swing and all the other kids took turns to push him, even treating it as an honour to do so (lol). MC notices QR hiding in his mother's shadow watching on enviously.
    • Later, as everyone was writing their prayers on the pretty lamp offerings, QR who knew little asked around how he should go about writing prayer blessings for his mother, unaware that the Empress had written one for him already.
    • Children in the same clan as QR typically found him annoying. Under the influence of the elders, the children felt QR and his mum brought a bad rep to their clan and thus deliberately tricked him.
    • MC was really focussed on writing his prayer and once finished did he realise that there were strange laughs from behind him. Turns out that QR had written "Hope to die together with mum -QR" crookedly on the lamp which made all the other children laugh.
    • MC sees that and throws down the lamp, furious. This cows all the other kids. He later helps QR write a proper wish on the lamp and no one has the guts to make anymore mischief.
    • Later when MC went back to play on the swings, QR ran over to push him. QR was shorter than MC but pushed with great energy, and even in his hopeful expression, MC could see that where there was previously envy, it had transformed completely into worship.
    • Afterwards, QR became MC's little tail, following him closely all day all the while calling out to him as "Crown Prince cousin".
    • It should be acknowledged that QR was initially relatively normal. Yet grew to be exceedingly crooked. However, since these past 3 years MC has been completely occupied with his duties etc to pay attention to his old friend, he didn't know how far QR has progressed on the road to becoming a decent human being.
    Just as MC thinks this, QR's back bumps into someone behind him and he curses: "What kind of joke is this? Are you blind or have your eyes stopped working and rot to death, don't even know to get out of my way?"
    MC & FX both in their hearts: "Hasn't changed. He's still like he always is."​
    • The haggard youth QR bumped into is a poor civilian from the neighbouring country, Yong An. He came all the way over to tell the crown prince something. Walking past the pool filled with coin donations, the young man actually jumps in, gathering the coins. He wants to use that money to save the starving people of his country because there's a drought and no crops can be raised. All the wealthy people moved away from YA earlier so only the poor people unable to leave are left behind (???)
    • The man, Lang Ying, slips on the moss, dropping all the money and gets hauled out of the coin donation pool.
    • MC and FX were unaware of the drought in YA, FX guesses MQ might be in the know but no guarantees. MC's off to look for Guo Shi to find out what exactly is going on.
    ^ Should have mentioned earlier but the novel actually seems to say that MC actually pulls the people he wants to communicate with, into his dreamscape (?). Not sure if that makes it easier to understand though;;

Ch 70 (v. brief ver.):
    MC takes drastic measures to recklessly get to LY since he has q's and they need to be answered.
    MC's transformation sequence is faster than sailor moon's MC goes incognito to approach LY.
    LY is an unfortunate father. YA is in an unfortunate situation. Civilians are suffering and MC feels helpless.
    GS and MC's parents do their best so MC doesn't find out but he does.
    still no MCxML moments.​

• MC tells FX to call MQ over. In the end, MQ also admits that he hadn't heard about the drought in YA.
    • Meanwhile, QR and LY are arguing, while LY is tired, QR orders guards to drag LY to prison. MC instead wants to personally question LY himself.
    • FX warily reminds MC that he can't show his spirit in front of the people here.
    Even after ascending, MC personally can't understand the reason for this rule at all, but since he isn't supposed to appear before people freely as he pleases he can't control his feet (??I'm guessing it's referring as a way for grounding his spirit into a physical form that's visible to civilians). Luckily, MC has a few countermeasures and acts without pausing to think. Welp, no regrets, MC pushes forth and begins to materialise.​
    • The people begin to notice a faint shadow, QR lets out a blood-curdling screech (not kidding, that's what one dictionary said XD): "Cousin—"
    • MC was actually going as far as to using his own god image as a medium to try push through, overturning it little by little.
    Alarmed, QR madly rushes over to hold back the image's thigh, opposing it's movements tenaciously: "What are you trash waiting for! Quickly help me in stopping him! Don't let cousin get down here!! He musn't get down ah!!!"​
    • Regardless of how desperate QR is in stopping him, MC's expression is very cool and collected as he brushes past and takes the first step into the Crown Prince Hall.
    • In fact, reversing a god image is not a good omen and can be seen more or less as a bit of taboo. It was unprecedented to have a god official inverting their own god image for the sake of coming down like this, truly a marvel of the three realms to behold.
    MC's super chill: "It's one big golden statue in the end, if I didn't do this it wouldn't have been possible to divert their attention. You two keep control of the golden image, don't let them take out the body. I'll go meet with that person."​
    • LY seeing that everyone is no longer bothering with him, gazes at the bright, golden splendour of the god image before dusting himself off and leaving with his travel luggage. LY runs to a thick and dense forest, sitting at the base of the tree and rests. MC who'd been following LY was conveniently hiding in the tree. With a pinch of his fingers, MC swiftly takes on the form of a young man(??) dressed in white.
    • Doing a once-over to smooth out any flaws, MC's turns and is surprised to see LY crouching and digging a hole in the ground. Seeing LY scooping water from a puddle into his mouth, MC quickly fishes out a kettle of water from his doraemon pocket sleeves and promptly hands it over to LY. LY doesn't decline and gulps down the water.
    Since MC showed up so abruptly, he decides to forgo the natural opening remarks and straight-forwardly asks: "Friend, from where have you come from and where are you headed to?"
    LY: "We came from YA city's Lang Er Bay. Originally we were going to the imperial palace. Now I've/we've changed the plan and we're not going there anymore."
    MC stared blankly: "We?"
    LY nodded: "We. Me, and my son." (More grammatically correct ver: "We. My son and I.")
    MC was increasingly perplexed, but in his heart crept a faint seeping chill. Only seeing LY bring out the travel sack he carried and opening it: "My son."
    To his shock, wrapped in a bundle within the sack was the corpse of a young child!!!
    The infant's figure was extremely small, looking around 2-3 yrs old with a sallow face and hollow cheeks. The forehead had yellow fuzz(??) growing sparsely on it, sweat rash was still present. Small cheeks held in a strange expression, appearing as if he wanted to cry, suffering a lot. Eyes already shut, mouth open in contrast however, there would never be a sound uttered from him again.
    MC's pupils suddenly shrunk, his state of mind a precarious mess and he was struck speechless. No wonder his intuition felt that this youth's manner wasn't quite right. Unable to touch upon where exactly he was strange, he'd simply thought LY didn't seem like a typical person. To put into words, it was as if he didn't consider the consequences when doing things, proceeding without direction regardless of head or tail. Now, it seems that to this person, what consequences are there that would need him to contemplate?​
    • In spite of everything, this child passed away on the journey of fleeing from calamity. (Thirsty, hungry & having fallen ill)
    LY: "I'm unable to look after a small child. Were my wife to discover our son died, she'd scold me to death."
    A period of silence before, "I sorely miss my wife scolding me."​
    • LY thanks MC for the water and continues to dig up a hole to bury his son. Hearing this, MC's shaken: "No. You must not express thanks towards me...Must not express thanks towards me."
    • MC snaps out of his daze, recalling that simply giving water is insufficient. LY will still return to YA. So MC rifles through his sleeves and brings out the red coral bead, passing it to LY and urging him to take it. LY stops to look at the bead and notes its quality. Although he doesn't know what it is, LY is aware that the bead is invaluable. LY did not decline, like he no longer possesses the etiquette and misgivings of normal people.
    • According to MQ: "To begin with, YA was not a prosperous place. Taoism is seldom studied in the temples, additionally, there seems to be a regulation upheld - one cannot enter the temple if they do not bring an offering. That's why, all the people praying at your temples in YA are only the rich who can afford to. Furthermore, with the impact of the present disaster, the poor people absolutely would not go to the temples. This would explain why news of YA's crisis did not reach you through prayers."
    • This time, MC wants to go and have a chat with GS.

aaahh //procrastinating

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  15. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Busy busy with classes and the mountain of assignments that accompany them orz. Here are the summaries for ch 71-73. I probably don’t have any more time for long ver. of spoilers after this but I wanted to, at the very least, cover ch 72-73…hahaha;;;

-MC pays a visit to GS, the monks and nuns who witness his arrival were blown away.
    -GS face palms and makes everyone leave to chat with MC privately.
    -While normally, people who’ve ascended aren’t supposed to personally meet and interact with humans without permission, MC can actually converse with GS w/o penalty.
    -GS deliberately did not allow for MC to find out about YA’s situation.
    -MC isn’t truly supposed to meddle in the affairs of humans, being the heavenly offical that he is. He’s esp. not supposed to appear and interact with humans.
    -GS warns MC that GS’s seen his future and it’s completely dark. MC doesn’t pay it too much attention if any at all.
    -GS reveals that it’s not like the emperor hasn’t tried to alleviate the issue before, but the results haven’t shown much improvement.
    -MC heads to take a look at YA’s situation himself.
    -It’s is terribly hot, the sun radiating with such torrid heat. YA is in terrible shape.
    -MC’s trying his best to come up with good plans but they are either unfeasible or risky with no assured positive result. He doesn’t want to give up though and so, goes off to deliberate on the issue.

@ Tai Cang Shan, Crown Prince’s Peak. Travellers aren’t supposed to stop and stay so everyone had been asked to leave the mountain and the temple there already. Inside the XL palace-turned-temple(?), around a thousand nuns/monks remained and were conducting a sutra chanting session in the late evening. GS + his assistants were presiding over their activities, seated on the side of the 50 feet tall golden image/statue’s foot.

In the Crown Prince’s palace hall, both sides of the room had been arranged with blessing lamps from the floor up to the ceiling. MC drops from outta the sky, floating down as light as a feather onto the praying platform, coincidentally right in front of his God image.

With a wave of his hand, MC flattens the place with a gust of fresh wind. Countless lamps were spinning as they rose gently into the air. With the lights blurring, one by one, the nuns/monks lifted their heads gaping in wonder* as faint murmurs began to spread.

actually, it was said that they clicked their tongue in wonder but that idiom sounds a little strange in english so I tweaked it a bit. Bottom line: everyone was amazed and astonished etc. at the spectacle.
    GS had initially knocked against his closed eyes, paralysed in his seat before abruptly opening them, calling it a day and shooing everyone away.

All the nuns and monks got up and withdrew. Although the remaining 3 GS assistants were unable to see MC’s true form/body, they figured out quickly that someone had just descended and so retreated together with the rest, closing the large shrine doors on the way out. Smart lads.

The moment those tall doors shut, MC opened his mouth, impatient, “GS, were you aware of the YA drought issue? It seems there wasn’t any such news over at Imperial father’s side, has any matters come from the royal court? Or is he not clear about the details of the situation?"

Heavenly officials mustn't personally meet humans face-to-face or make their presence to be felt without explicit permission, however, only certain people were an exception to this. More specifically, the GS, a high-ranked religious leader whom practised Daoism. These scholars/senior ministers of profound skills acquired through religious practice were the equivalent of heavenly officials residing in the secular world as ambassadors, therefore, MC could directly converse with GS. That “Within the Crown Prince’s palace hall, kowtowing is not allowed” rule was precisely through the GS’s mouth that MC had borrowed to relay his words down to his worshippers.

MC originally assumed that there might have been some unusual situation to have fully occupied GS’s attention and time that he had no way of dealing with YA’s disastrous situation. Or perhaps that the emperor was not at all aware of how critical the situation had already become ’til it’s reached the point of people dying. But GS is really chill, “The emperor’s been fine, nothing big has happened, and in regards to YA’s calamity, he is also well-aware.”

MC: “Then why aren’t I hearing father making blessing prayers for YA whenever he visits here? How come he doesn’t even mention a single sentence?”

Even though MC’s on bad terms with his father all year round, he also understands thoroughly, the emperor truly isn't a muddle-headed monarch. Even if he’s conceited as the Son of Heaven and attaches heavy importance on respect to seniors from juniors, he would never go as far as to be indifferent to victims.

GS: This isn’t the fault of the emperor, it was I who suggested to let him and the empress not to raise the issue of YA when praying for blessings.”

“… …”

MC: “Why?”

GS: “Because there’s no use.”

MC: “Why say it’s no use?”

MC: “So what you’re saying is, because I’m a military god, it’s not involved with droughts at all. Hence, mentioning this matter to me has no use? But have you forgotten already? I’m not only a military god, I am also XL’s Crown Prince. My citizens are currently caught deeply in difficult circumstances, suffering, how can I possibly sit back and watch indifferently?”

MC: “Right now, the matter of vital importance is to reduce and medically treat the YA victims. I’ll trouble you to advise to father on my behalf not to embellish/decorate those temples & shrines anymore. There are too many palace halls for Crown Prince throughout the country from top to bottom that I don’t need at all. Furthermore, those golden images/statues can be smelt down completely and allocated to the disaster relief fund. To the western side of YA experiencing the water shortage and drought, a river can be dug out and the water drawn from the eastern side over for irrigating the farm crops, nourishing the land… …”

GS shakes his head, murmuring, “Too early, too early.”

MC: “What are saying is too early?”

GS: “Why I had said you ascended too early, do you understand now? It’s because your citizens still have not all died out.”

MC: “GS! What… What kind of wards are you saying? Why would you say… Why would you say that it’s because my citizens still have not all died out?!”

GS: “You’re already a god, yet you’re unable to forget about your identity as a mortal, not getting involved with the mundane world is to the benefit of both sides. However, even though powerless anyway, within that body you are only a total mess in the end/muddled and completely collapsing.”

MC is seated on the god platform, GS is standing off stage. Evidently, it is MC who is overlooking GS, yet when GS said these words, only it seemed GS was the one to be from up, up high instead.

MC: “How am I powerless? As long as I go do something, there’ll definitely be reciprocation^. Able to save one life is still one life. Even if it turns out I only save one person, it’s still better than being unconcerned. In the event that you are unwilling to act on my behalf and convey to father, then in that case, I’ll go find him myself.”

^as in, his efforts will be returned such that it reflects in the result where ideally, the situation is completely resolved.

GS: “Come back! Do you know why heavenly officials must not show themselves in front of ordinary people as they wish? Naturally, there is a reason for him to set down this rule hundreds and thousands of years ago. Do act foolishly!”

MC: “Then what can I do? I can’t do this, I can’t do that. GS, at present, many people are dying on my land! Isn’t it exactly because gods are able to rescue the common people that they are known as gods? If I cannot appear at this time, then at what time am I able to appear?! For what meaning have I ascended?!”

GS: “Crown Prince, (sigh), Crown Prince. Do you know what I have seen/foreseen?”

Calming down in a flash, MC sat down once more, “Please say.”

GS fixed his eyes on him, “I’ve seen your future, (it’s) a scene** of pitch-blackness.”

MC did not look away, “You’ve perhaps seen wrong. I only love to wear white.”

**counter word for scenarios but also used to refer to a sheet/strip of cloth. LOL MC you smart-alec.

GS: “I’m afraid you’re unable to save your citizens, and instead, you’ll be dragged down the the god altar by your citizens.”

MC: “My citizens aren’t that sort, they can distinguish between right and wrong. If I’m unable to save them, there’s no meaning itself for me to stay on the god altar.”

After a long while, GS sighed, “Although it can’t be said your father is correct, he’s not wrong either. You’ve requested to allocate funds for disaster relief but actually, it’s not that your father hasn’t already set aside funds however, you can see how that result turned out. You’ve asked for a river to be dug to draw water, then you should go look at that river yourself, see if it’s capable (for channelling water etc).”

MC nods, “Got it. Thank you very much, GS.”

After leaving Tai Cang Shan, he headed straight towards the west, arriving at the city of YA of XL country.

Over the past twenty years, MC has never felt the sun could be this mortally scorching. Setting his first step on this land, he soon felt the parched heat was difficult to endure, the air itself appeared to distort/shimmer. Searing sun overhead, the earth had become chapped, split and crumbled into lumps of soil etc. On the roadside, there was a deep trench that appeared initially as a river channel, however, due to the drought, the black riverbed was releasing a peculiar fishy stench. Walking for a long, long time, he did not come across a single field of farmland even once. Perhaps they were there, but he couldn’t make out at all what they originally were for anymore.

MQ and FX reach MC. MQ informs MC on the info he’s gathered.

Turns out, in the past one to two years the entire western side of the country have been experiencing a water shortage and this year, the situation has burst out. YA is the most critical, river has dried up, no rain falling so plants cannot be grown. The wealthy are a bit more better-off, having money, they can access water and food from distant areas. However, a vast majority of the wealthy have moved their whole families to the east. The remaining people are the poor and the ones who cannot run.

MC asks why YA is still in such grave conditions even when his father has tried to help and has ordered for funds to be allocated?

MQ says something along the lines that while the money is being allocated, as it’s handed down from the emperor’s hands, by the time it reaches the people there isn’t any of the funds remaining for them. He’s implying that the officials (“wood-boring pests”) etc are embezzling the money that’s supposed to help the victims.

MC is furious and wants to bring out all the “wood-boring pests” out to light and destroy them.

MQ reminds MC that it’s not his duty, heavenly officials mustn’t get involved in the problems of the secular world etc etc. Moreover, this is to just treat the symptoms and not the root cause.

FX pipes in, saying that the main cause for this disaster is water and its lack thereof. And guesses correctly that MC had probably asked the GS on his behalf to request that the emperor dig a river to the west from the east’s to share the water, didn’t he?

MC shook his head in affirmative, “I was just telling GS this plan.”

FX: “And what did GS say?”

MC: “… …”

MC: “He roughly said that couldn’t be done. But, I found out just now that it’s not really feasible. To transfer the water, that requires digging a river out in advance. Yet, to dig a river, it would need to recruit people for the manual labor along with many years. In addition, it’s a waste of manpower and resources that can’t afford to be squandered.”

FX nods, “Indeed, water from afar cannot quench nearby fire^.”

^Long-term solution doesn’t solve an urgent issue. Very apt idiom considering the issue truly is talking about water and considering MC’s initial idea… lol

MC’s stubborn and doesn’t want to just let things unfold and brings up that there’s a newly ascended rain master who’s very reclusive. He wants to see if it’s possible to visit him and ask the rain master using rainfall to lead water from the east to west.

MQ tells MC not to, it’s not a good idea because in fact, the whole of the country has been lacking water for the past two years. It’s just that the east relies on the sea, skipping over the rivers and lakes so it’s not too obvious and at this time, there are no calamities. But the bodies of water’s volumes and level of rainfall, compared to the past, have all deceased by a lot.

Also, MC’s not too chummy with all the other heavenly officials and such because since he’s ascended, he hasn’t gone out of his way to greet and gift presents to them etc. MC also treats everyone equally so no one’s closer to him than another so it’d be strange for him to single out somebody at this time.

MQ continues to hammer his point home further, saying that by doing this, it’s not guaranteed to save everybody. All the while, the chances of a drought occurring in the east are increased. Not a good idea.

Given that the east has nearly 3 times greater a population than in the west, were a drought to strike in the east, innumerable deaths would result, even graver than in YA.

MC realises the meaning behind GS’s earlier words, telling him that the emperor has made a choice to preserve the larger population of people.

Throughout the journey, MC has seen the eyes of the starving and dying people. Everyone’s skin was dark as leather, men and children with bare torsos, chest with rib bones sticking out very distinctly. All the women’s faces deathly, eyes godless. Nobody wants to move, neither do they have the energy to do so. Everything emits the stink of death.

MC tells MQ and FX to stay here and try to transport as much water as possible to here. He’s leaving to contemplate further.

But MC is a military god. Even if he was a water god, it’s not like he can magic water out of nothing. If you can’t solve the root of the problem, this is not the way to go on with. In the end, it’s like using a cup of water to extinguish the cart of burning firewood.

-MC actually goes back to the imperial palace in the capital.
    -He’s hidden witness to his parents’ conversation and realises that his father is also worried and thinking of him. MC feels ashamed for not visiting his parents more.
    -MC departs the palace, standing around outside when it starts to rain quite heavily. Some travellers passing through nearby make a dash for it.
    -Those same people, unaware of his identity, notice MC and give him an umbrella.
    -MC holding an umbrella, sights a nearby tiny temple.
    -This humble temple can hardly be called one. No donation box, no images and only an ugly/crudely made sculpture of him with some plates of food offerings fruits left out for him.
    -Within, MC sees freshly plucked white blossoms have been inserted into the hole of the sculpture’s left fist to cover up the gap.
    -Suddenly, there is a surge of rapid footsteps close by. A young teen around 12-13 years old, dressed in dirty clothes, a dirty bandage covering half his face bursts in. In his hands are freshly plucked white blossoms preciously guarded within the cupped palms.

my… my heart… … //clutches chest and keels over.

Tell me if this works, please? Or if it doesn't work?? I'm experimenting, you see;;;
    Ch 72 (long ver.)

-MC secretly observes the teen who’s come bearing pretty, white blossoms
    -A bit of an altercation happens when a group of youngsters pass by, see mini-ML and decide it’s a great idea to pick on the poor kid.
    -MC breaks up the fight with some intense wind generated by his sleeve-flapping that scare those whipper-snappers away.
    -MC maintains his hidden status by doing this.
    -MQ and FX receive their summons and go off to fetch MC.
    -MC leaves the parasol he’d been hanging on to by ML huddled in the corner.
    -ML notices the umbrella and immediately gives chase, calling out to MC.
    -FX’s impressed by how quick to the uptake ML is.
    -ML pleads to MC to answer his q’s.
    -MC, in the form that ML can’t see anymore, manages to convey his reply as a faint, disembodied voice before being bustled away by FX and MQ who are…resigned to him.

Ch 73 (long ver.)

Aaaaaand here's some quick bullet points covering ch 74-79.
    (Latest chapter as of right now is 88. Waiting for 89. - Things get tough for MC;; )
    - FX and MQ are baffled by how MC can just so easily tell someone to live for him.
    - MC argues that what he did was worked because when the three loo down at tiny-ML, he’s eating the food offerings.
    - Anyways, MC makes a visit to the eccentric rain god. Rain god teaches MC a way of making it rain in YA, but warns him that it would consume a lot of power to summon and maintain (the power MC receives from his oodles of believers praying to him).
    - Actually, it’s only moving water from elsewhere over to YA and not making the water itself. Because XL country doesn’t enough water alone, using the technique will also migrate water from other countries nearby to rain unto YA.
    - MC is super grateful to the rain god for helping out and tells the rain god if he ever needs anything, to send for MC and he’ll do his best to repay this favour.
    - MC uses the technique and he’s feeling slightly drained by it but he doesn’t mind esp since he has faith in the faith of his large gathering of worshippers.

- When MC went to visit the rain god, the difference in time zones meant that MC was actually gone for a a great number of days.
    - MQ was looking for MC because the prayers from MC’s believers at the Ba Tian Temple accumulated like crazy since MC went missing.
    -YA people who fled to the east were quite a sizeable some 500 people. Overjoyed at the greenery in the east, they noisily settle down. The citizens of the east are disturbed and complain about the ruckus that the refugees make. Given that the YA from the west conduct themselves not along the customs of what the people in the east are accustomed to, there’s quite a lot of friction between the two sides. Since YA mass include the injured (maybe along the journey) and the starving etc, they might’ve stolen food and medicine leading to the city guards to apprehend them.
    - LY appears and defends the guy the guard is accusing of having robbed.
    - Seeing LY, MC materialises to ask him why he was still here in and not back in YA even when MC had given him that priceless bead.
    - LY replies that his son is (buried) here.
    - MC does his best to persuade LY to return back with the group if YA people and guarantees that it’s raining at YA right now and will do so tomorrow + days after.
    -LY refuses.
    - Because of the public unrest caused by the YA people fleeing over to the east, a month later, emperor passes on the decree for the city gates to be shut.

- All the YA people are indiscriminately locked out incl. the elderly, the young etc.
    - At the limit of 5 days since the lockout, a child requires serious medical aid.
    - The child’s father, desperate, attempts to climb over the city walls to bring his child to see a doctor.
    - As the father’s climbing the rope with the child on his back, someone on the other side cuts it and the father-son pair tumble to the ground in an explosion of meat sauce (description courtesy of Google-sensei)
    - The guard responsible for the two’s death was killed by LY in return.
    - Things get heated on both sides

-The confidence of XL capital ’s citizens are boosted when MC appears to them
    - Prior to that, because the situation is escalating so bad, MC had spoken to the Heavenly Emperor who still advised MC not to get involved in human affairs.
    - MC insists saying he'll accept any punishment afterwards
    - MC beams himself down to the XL palace and greets his parents. They’re of course overjoyed to see him again but very swiftly scold him for coming down.
    - MC and emperor get into a spat again
    - MQ and FX also start quarrelling too. (The two are always fighting;;;)
    - People are crying that YA is sowing disorder etc etc. this is due to an indecent a while back when the YA people had been running about in the capital, they caused a lot of trouble here and there
    - Leading to the citizens of the capital urging for YA people being banished
    - One YA person who stayed secretly in the dead of the night, even broke into a family’s house and abducted their daughter because he wanted to marry her. (implied attempted?? rape) Otherwise it was impossible for the family to consent to the YA taking their daughter’s hand in marriage.
    - That’s why at the forefront of this rally protest is that very same girl.
    - That girl was actually going to be sent as a candidate for being MC’s concubine given that she came from a wealthy and noble family
    - MQ urges MC to go back but MC loudly refuses, drawing the eyes of the people on the streets.

- All the people begin to rush over and fawn over the MC, recognising him.
    - MC tells the crowd to believe in him! He’s protect them and the country!
    - Crowd of people are excited, cheering
    - People even rush trying to touch him and the fanatical crowd had to eventually be dispersed by the city guards.
    - In the messy footprints, MC spots the same white flower on the ground with only a few petals still attached after braving the stampede.
    - Emperor calms down by the time MC returns to the palace. GS, having expected these course of actions from his student doesn’t say a thing.
    - Because MC is a military god, he’s heading the troops that will be sent out to deal with the YA army.
    - As a result, a huge number of young men throughout the country suddenly apply as soldiers to fight on the frontline.
    - LY earns a reputation for himself among the XL soldiers as that fearsome guy who always dashes to the front battling. Hearing this nickname makes MC’s heart clench because he’ll think back to that child’s corpse.
    - 2 months later YA people launch another attack. But not even half an hour in and the YA side is overwhelmed.
    - XL soldiers are celebrating joyously.
    - MC is disconcerted by how easy it was to kill people. Like they were ants. It’s also his first killing thousands of people too.
    - The situation’s not optimistic though. Every time YA and XL fight, YA increasingly gets better.
    - Even under extenuating circumstances, people can’t grow this strong so quickly. It’s likely the YA are also receiving foreign aid from an unknown source.
    - MC is, at this point, still making it rain everyday in YA (like a daily period of rain or something)
    - He’s actually not looking too good because of the drain.
    - As MC’s conversing and thanking FX + MQ for being by his side and supporting him, their quick to bring their guards up when they detect another person’s presence.
    - It turns out to be a young soldier (MXTX’s calling ML Hua Hua which is too cute??!!).

- The soldier’s hands are bandaged but blood still seems to be seeping through.
    - MQ and MC are super wary and kinda interrogate the kid
    - MC has no idea who it is and is unsure of the soldier’s allegiance before FX pipes up, asking if MC truly doesn’t recognise the kid.
    - Actually, this soldier was the very same one that had been rushing ahead of MC during the battle (as if to protect him). FX remembered him because of how ruthless ML was when cutting down the enemies.
    - MC apologises for scaring him with his earlier interrogation.
    - Suddenly the kid calls out and rushes towards MC.
    - Aww, MC is still doubtful of the kid and thinking he wanted to attack MC, was actually about to kill him. ;;;;
    - Turns out that mini-ML was rushing forward when he saw arrows flying toward MC.
    - The person shooting the arrows was LY
    - On the arrow shot, there’s a cloth that says “Qi” on it.
    - Alarmed, MC tells FX and MQ to check on QR and stay in the city while he goes to give chase to LY.
    - Running for a while he notices footsteps following after him and saw that young soldier. MC tells him return and when the kid shakes his head, MC speeds up and ditches him.
    - Eventually MC comes to a hill where having from a tree is a beaten-up and unconscious QR.
    - MC vs LY
    - LY’s motives turn out to stem from his self-destructive desire for everyone to die. Not even god’s stopping him from provoking war.
    - MC hears a crunch from nearby and thinks its the soldier but it’s actually a man dressed all in white wearing a pale mask that’s half crying, half laughing.
    - MC’s intuition identifies the man as non-human.
    - There are ghosts on the mountain.
    - MC orders QR to leave with his sword while MC stays back to fight them off.
    - Soldier Hua Hua is also there to hold off the ghost/demons/spirits/whatnot with MC
    - MC compliments ML's skill with the sword but tells him he’s much suited with a knife.
    - MXTX’s note at end of ch: Hua Hua is actually only 14 yrs old now. But due to his growth spurt where he suddenly shot up, mini-ML in in fact, no longer that tiny, pitiful thing so MC doesn’t recognise him. looool

.┬┴┬┴┤・ω・)ノ

Ami, Kittsune, kiara8 and 3 others like this.
  16. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers ❤❤❤
    I got stuck with classes and homework too :sweating_profusely:
    This's what i do instead of studying lol
    https://imgur.com/gallery/G0Ago
    Shota Hua Hua is definitely an angel to my poor soul~ its heavenly bless~

17. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

GASP
    CUTIEEEEE!!! HUA HUA YOU ADORABLE SHOTABUN YOUUUU
    //hugs @Yuslia
    also also, I love your dp very much. so fluffy, too cute:blobmelt:

:blobnosebleed:Thank you for sharing!! The tragedy when hw and assignments come crashing down ;o;

Kittsune, alexfilia and Yuslia like this.
  18. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you :3
    Here's more of Shotabun Hua Hua from my friend. He's a fudanshi lol FB_IMG_1505314694094.jpg

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Ami, Kittsune, kiara8 and 2 others like this.
  19. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (♡´艸`)
    AAHH THIS IS SO WONDERFUL!! //flails
    Wow, I'm in love with the poofiness of his hair HAHAHA ups the cuteness factor +100 hands down!!

Your fudanshi friend is doing amazing work ( ƅ°ਉ°)ƅ♥

Only realised that your dp's not what I had saw previously just now @Yuslia but looking at it still makes me squee nonetheless XD your taste is impeccable!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Kittsune, Yuslia and alexfilia like this.
  20. alexfilia

alexfilia Shem's Sis & Maiden of The Bottle

Reading List:
    Link
    O.O kly kun you basically translated those chapters :aww::aww:

Kittsune, Yuslia and kly like this.