Spoiler Heaven's Blessing

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jun 17, 2017.

1. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So far from the vitriol QR tends to spit towards MC (okay, I'm exaggerating, maybe), QR's mad at MC for leading the country Xian Le to ruin.
    Though, when he was a cute youngin' that would often tail MC, always praqising him and quick to anger when he thought someone was being disrespectful to his cousin, MC didn't curb him/wasn't strict enough to stop him. This was because MC didn't see him doing much harm as a kid with all the idol worship, and it really was cute. But as QR got older, he got even more nastier, meaner and out of hand.
    I don't know how much QR hates MC, because I keep getting mixed signals somehow. I don't think QR hates MC solely for "destroying" the country, because I feel like there's more that went on during that event (and even after when MC been kicked down from the heavens the first time and experienced harsh life onwards from there) but the story hasn't gotten there yet (maybe). (>>haven't read the latest ~2 chapters yet.)
    For the most part, I feel like QR also wants to get a rise out of MC, so he keeps doing horrible things to MC.

Maybe it was because QR really looked up to MC that MC's actions which demoted himself and ruined the country led/contributed to QR's personality distorting. MC mentioned back in ~ch 50 something, (when ML was clearing up LQQ's misunderstanding of MC) that QR was mad/sick in the head because QR was the type of unhinged person to goad you and spark your anger and continue meeting that anger with more excitement. Basically, QR likes to add oil to the burning flames of hell while laughing madly about it. Even MC lost his temper and hit/punched QR in the face (for the first time ever) due to QR's goading.
    I think MC should've punched QR in the throat to shut him upᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ✧

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  2. Ami

Ami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the explanation <333
    hehe np there is more >w<
    weibo.com/1308576461/FhcH3BqtG
    http://kyxforever.lofter.com/post/3aecfe_10eac5f1
    http://weiligai.lofter.com/post/1e1e25d4_10e9e48c
    http://yunt154.lofter.com/post/1ea63bda_10e79f97

reader_O8, hopsica, Fiorisi and 5 others like this.
  3. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    kiara8, scriptor and Ami like this.
  4. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About the get-up MC wears when he was doing that show for the gods and such, it was said in ch 61 that the gods weren't subjected to the constraints of gender, so the condidate would be dressed up in a fashion that incorporated both masculine clothes and feminine accessories (earrings etc).

Proabably explains why MC was so chill about wearing the bride's clothes in the earlier chapters?? ;D

5. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    reader_O8, Fiorisi, Mrinmoye and 9 others like this.
  6. Ami

Ami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lunnear and kly like this.
  7. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CUTIEEEEES //screeches
    I love the ink-style of the art you draw, so beautiful-!!
    It also preserves this kind of elegant mood, can't really describe it well but the inky black texture(??) adds to the art...(⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎) love itttttt!!! (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))♡

Thank you for uploading that photo and sharing it to us! I just woke up so seeing that was a very pleasant surprise!! :love::love:(y)
    What a lovely way to start off the day for me~(*≧∀≦*)

reader_O8, alexfilia, Ami and 3 others like this.
  8. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (((( ;°Д°))))
    latest chapters are still flashbacks but...!!
    HOLY MOLEYS. QR IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE
    I don't even know how to feel about him now. When it was said that QR was really nasty and unruly -they weren't kidding around. He was excessive, both in cruelty and worship to MC (the trouble-making type).

First let's go back to where I left off previously (I'm retelling some points - this isn't all that only happened):
    - So having saved (mini ML) the child falling from the wall, MC was scolded by the Guo Shi. QR blames the kid for falling in the first place.
    -The thing is, QR is suuuper protective of MC and his reputation - it's like a cute puppy barking at strangers trying to protect the owner except THERE IS NOTHING CUTE ABOUT THE WAY QR GOES OVERBOARD. He's not a puppy either (the worship might've started as puppy-worship though idk), QR's more of an obsessive hellion that takes offense at anyone and anything that may disrespect MC (90% not the case) or infringe on his time with "his" cousin. Exceptions to this are Guo Shi, emperor + empress etc.
    - He's mad at MQ for playing as the role of the demon and acting ahead even when MC hadn't reached the performance area yet (MC was late so people were unsettled when the "demon" appeared but no candidate present to slay him)
    - When MC brings MQ to introduce to his mum, QR was present and to "reward" MQ, grabs a cup of wine and tries to tip it all over MQ head. (I think MC grabs QR's wrist to stop him but the wine still spills, but onto MQ's clothes instead)
    - QR: "Cousin, I'm helping you teach this restless peasant/servant a lesson! Yesterday, during the time when you had yet to rush over, he was gladly performing a one-man show. This enthusiastic fame-seeker, putting on such a performance trick. Do you fancy yourself as the leading role of the Heavens Offering March? Trying to overturn the heavens!"​

Now, QR likes fancy stuff and gold and has been pining after MC a golden...carriage...? I'm not sure what they're called in English again but it's like a cart driven by horses but for fancy people and it's tall + big. The car of the less technologically advanced times?? Anyways, he's been hoping to get one and MC's mum (who looks young and fresh for her age - random side note lol) gifted the golden carriage to QR for his birthday.
    Since this is in a setting where there isn't any driver's license or road safety rules, you can tell how great of a driver QR is. (ΟΔΟ;;)
    MC, being ushered into the carriage earlier had to witness QR's crazy driving skills first-hand in the passenger seat and intended to ask his mum to confiscate the golden carriage until QR learns how to drive safely. He remembers and brings up the topic to the empress right after QR tried to dump wine on MQ's head. QR's kicking up a huge fuss and pleading to MC ("Don't want, don't want! That's the gift aunt sent to me for my bday!", "Cousin, you've accused me wrongly! I clearly didn't run over anybody!").
    Empress converses with MC, revealing that the reason QR had wanted a carriage was so that he could welcome MC back from the mountains. Guo Shi absolutely no matter what, refuses to teach QR cultivation. The plan to find QR a teacher to control his temper isn't possible - there just isn't any teachers out there that can achieve this. QR only listens to MC's words anyways.

Previously, MC had said he'd accompany MQ back home, he meets a lot of street kids who all greet MQ as 'brother'. MC notes that despite MQ's wooden expression, his tone and generally the way he treats them is warm.

Short section of ch 63:
    MC's interrupted out of his thoughts from the sound of screams and horse neighs, rushing back to the main street, he sees pears and fruits rolling on the ground, pedestrians fleeing. MC's yet to clearly see what's going on before he hears a young man's voice, wildly laughing, "Out of the way, out of the way - everyone all out of my way! Whichever the mindless fools that don't watch out, I can hardly care a speck if you're trampled to death!"
    As expected, it turns out to be QR standing & driving his golden carriage. MC orders FX to stop QR. MC is just about to go take a look at the civilians and their stalls that have been knocked over by QR to check for injuries, but feels that something's wrong. He discovers that the golden carriage is dragging behind a sack bound by thick hemp rope. What's inside the sack is struggling and looks to be a (small) person.
    Absolutely horrified, MC brandishes his sword and cuts off the sack when QR and his carriage is being held up by FX blocking the way.
    The sack falls to the ground, rolling twice. MC bends over to observe the sack. He doesn't know from where or how long this sack has been dragged ferociously from, but it is extremely filthy, bloodstained - almost as if a corpse was inside. With one swing, MC cuts open the mouth of the sack, looking inside and indeed, there was a person within.
    MC tears open the sack completely. The young child inside was curled up, huddling his head. He was dressed in dirty clothes that didn't fit him, feet were bloody just like how his hair was matted with blood - everything was a mess. It was clear that he'd been beaten. Also, guessing from his figure, the child seems about 7 years of age -or very tiny at the least- and was shaking as if his skin had been flayed a layer.
    MC truly doesn't understand how this child could still survive after being violently beaten this way and dragged through the ground after.
    MC stretches out his hand to the child's neck, searching for his pulse and discovers it is weak. MC's anxiety unwinds a little and he promptly embraces the kid, picking him up. Turning around, MC shouts, unable to restrain his anger, "FX! Stop QR and bring him down here to me!!!"
    MC honestly never had thought this kind of thing would still happen in Xian Le country. Under broad daylight, in the main street, a nobleman would bundle a living person into a sack to drag by carriage! If the carriage hadn't been halted, wouldn't this small small young child have been dragged to death by now?!

QR shows absolute 0 remorse when MC scolds him for his actions. Moreover, QR's more upset by the fact that MC is protecting MQ and the little kid and has ordered for his golden carriage to be taken away. ("Cousin, that's my bday present! I've been expecting/wishing for it for 2 years now!")

tl;dr: QR's really twisted. Some readers have commented that he might be an M with the way he keeps doing such horrid things that only lead to MC getting mad at him - a complete opposite of what he wants (at that time). Reading these chapters made me feel really sorry for the little bun. :(

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  9. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh... is little bun ML? I have this feeling......

And QR... *le sigh*

I just... don't know what to do with people like him.

TomiNdumplings, Aeli and kly like this.
  10. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    QoQ I'm beginning to think so too! Your intuition's in line with mine at least~
    The little radish has something going on with his right eye (or maybe even the entire right side of his face??) that he adamantly refuses to show MC (no matter how much MC coaxes him to) when MC was trying to examine the extent of his injuries. At the time when the kid was falling, he had bandages wrapped around his head so MC didn't see what was going on with the child's eye either. Oooohh my heart huuuuuurts. Poor bby.

QR...!!:mad: THERE'S A LIMIT TO HOW RIDICULOUSLY APPALLING YOU CAN BEEEEEEEE //wails
    //pounds ground with fist
    ٩(ꐦ°᷄д°᷅)۶

11. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    awwww *hugs the little bun too :3* <3 :X3: ....it would be nice if the mc raised the cute bun for a while :D

12. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WOULDN'T IT???! ٩(//̀Д/́/)۶ waaaah bonding time! even if it's short, bonding tiiiiime!!!
    super group hug! //joins in hugging

reader_O8, Kittsune, kiara8 and 3 others like this.
  13. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah! ...raise the kid for a while and become a cool father figure (shijun! :D) to look up to and fall for later! :D

reader_O8, Kittsune, kiara8 and 2 others like this.
  14. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ♡〜٩( ˃́▿˂̀ )۶〜♡ I feel my heart healing at the very thought~

Though, it'd break again because why wouldn't MC recognise ML after all those years??? Authoress is keeping all her readers on their toes guessing. (⊙o⊙)◞✧

15. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the little bun became a big bun! ....also the mc spend who knows how long getting in and out of heaven

16. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True true. Wow this is increasingly sounding very very plausible!!! KEEP THE KID, MC!!! (ᗒᗨᗕ) POTENTIAL DISCIPLE RIGHT THERE!

I want to see ML feed MC lol, learn to cook ML! MC'S DENSE SO THE WAY TO HIS HEART IS THROUGH THE STOMACH jk jk

TomiNdumplings, kiara8, Ami and 2 others like this.
  17. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC asked ML's age, to which he replied that he was 10.
    MC lamented that he was so tiny that he looked years younger than he actually was.

Maybe MC could be the one that cooks for ML first? Main priority: fatten up the disciple. (✧ ꒪◞౪◟꒪)b kyaaa

18. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope one day ML will show everything about himself to MC. Even the parts of himself he thinks are ugly.

Oddly, I love the dichotomy of ML. He dresses in red which is typically an eye-catching colour + the silver glowing butterflies of his. But he's quite elusive. Hiding behind the screen at the gambling house in his Ghost City, covering his right eye, being renowned for using so many skins/disguises... The only person (so far from what I've read) that he's let come close to him is MC. Most amazing thing of MC I can think of, is his extraordinary patience and understanding. MC's really enigmatic too though.

19. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    the ml still covers his eye right (and people suspect he put it into his sword :D ....did the mc ever asked him about it?

Aeli, kiara8, scriptor and 1 other person like this.
  20. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, MC hasn't. So far, he's only come into contact with the sword (not including when he was deflecting attacks that time LQQ and ML were coming into blows @ ML's house - which, haha, MC + kid was only invited into.) ~2 times from what I recall. But I've skimmed so I might've missed anymore cute E Ming & MC moments lol. For the most part, MC doesn't pry so there are only fan theories to sustain us in that matter.