Discussion help to select an MMORPG

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by otoshi-god, Jun 16, 2017.

1. otoshi-god

otoshi-god "Alive";[False Illusionist]

Reading List:
    Link
    i want to play a mmorpg because.... i have read too much LN (overlord in fact) about so, i want to give it a try; i have bought the TESO along time ago and I didn't level up my character to anything and because if that i was doubting between continue to play in ESO and buy the Morrowind dlc or to play in another game like black desert or another game that can recommend searching about? (poor english)
    *update*
    my question about an mmo that has a complete craft system and balanced level between creating it by yourself or getting it by loot? and is for a loner people(*cryes in a corner without friends*)? something like that....

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  2. DarkGoddessNyx

DarkGoddessNyx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Black desert is fun if you like open world and grinding and lifeskilling but it has lag issues and it plays more like a single player sometimes as you can't trade equipment.
    But I play it and for me it's fun.

But one thing I can recommend if you're considering playing go for the 7 day trial :)

And whatever you do don't play f2p games as they are massively p2w

3. otoshi-god

Reading List:
    Link
    i have watched some videos and i think the more attractive thing in black desert is more about his massive wars between guild versus guild

4. DarkGoddessNyx

DarkGoddessNyx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is also fun.
    But if you get the game be sure to join a guild that fits your personality

5. Flufflebutter

Flufflebutter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Black Desert is indeed fun, but the grind is insane.
    If you want to pvp and not get wrecked by the average player, you'll have to invest at least a month. For the top 10% 2-3 months, and thats just nonstop grinding.
    The world is huge and beautiful though, and there is plenty to do, with the best combat system of any mmo. I highly recommend so long as you don't expect to be a murdering god within the first couple months.
    So yeah, just make sure you know what you're going into, first few months will mainly be about progression and learning. You can't pick fights if you're a new player...well you can, but you'll get one sidedly slaughtered, so keep that in mind. It's still by far the best mmo if we take wow out of the picture. (thats a can of worms i ain't opening)

otoshi-god and DarkGoddessNyx like this.
  6. Faisal

Faisal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    eso is my favourite mmorpg currently it's quite a bit of a grind to get your gear but the pvp is unique or at least I've never played a game quite like it you can play open world with no limit to the amount of allies/enemies. it also has an enclosed 4vs4vs4 (maps not too small) imho it's my favourite game rn

otoshi-god likes this.
  7. Flufflebutter

Flufflebutter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want guild wars, or node wars, it too will be a while.
    Guild wars happen less than you think, as its only a confrontation for grind spots, as for node wars...

There's 4 levels of node wars. T1,T2,T3,City.
    Here's an average runtime to be "qualified" (not die instantly) for each one.

T1= 400GS, doable within 1 month easy
    T2=450GS You can reach it in about 1-2 months
    T3=480ish You can reach it in 2 months or 4 depending on your build
    City = 500+ 6 months+ with specific gear types.

Just a repeat, know what you're getting into. You don't have to be the best to start warmongering, but you still need to invest some time in progression.

otoshi-god likes this.
  8. Nanamony

Nanamony Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon nest is my favorite..
    I play both mobile and PC version..

9. Faisal

Faisal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    eso is a lot quicker to get ready to play the game
    will take 6-10hrs to hit the level cap on one character (with exp pots/scrolls and training gear)
    You only need 500ish cp which you will get leveling specific skills on your character and a bit of exp grinding
    1-4 days of dungeon grinding to get your gear
    and then you're sorted

otoshi-god likes this.
  10. otoshi-god

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont know what to select... i am truly indecisive, it's like in skyrim when you start as a mage but then you start using a sword, then you want archery and then you finish with all the constellations with at least 3 perks in each, or in fallout that you want all of the skills

11. Kagenesti

Kagenesti [Dao of Taming] [Dao of the Wild]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm for me I played a lot of MMO's from everquest 2 n Wow to Archage and Tera. My biggest problem is endgame for me. I get maxed leveled then it's just grinding, farming, and scheduled raids. It's kinda same thing over and over since I'm not big into pvp it kinda makes me stop playing after awhile.

Maybe I've been spoilt by reading too much VRMMO'S myself but I REALLY hate that there's never been an MMO where crafting wasn't just an add in except for everquest 2. There you actually had to do something to make a potion or a bow and it MATTERED. There was a slight bit of skill in crafting not just click a button and wait. If you ever find an MMO where you can actually craft and not button click I'd love to know.

Anyway for a recommendation I'd go with Tera cause it's the only MMO besides Wow that actually gets a person interested in the story line.

otoshi-god likes this.
  12. nicostrato

nicostrato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For free ones, which is all I play (due to lack of dough), Tera is pretty good for beginner players as well as veterans, Age of Wushu for wuxia fans, Archeage has lots of options but can be kind of confusing. I just started Blade and Soul however it did not live up to my expectations on multiple levels.

otoshi-god likes this.
  13. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    If you read Zhuxian, try Jade Dynasty

14. Zyst

Zyst Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FFXIV all the way, a new xpack is coming out so you can buy the previous base and original expansion pretty cheaply, check it out, and then buy the new xpack if you enjoyed it.

Best PVE I've seen in any game period, but you do need a dedicated guild or something of the sort to do the "hard" versions of the end game content.

15. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    BDO: sandbox pick
    Dragon nest: true action combat
    Age of Wushu: Chinese atmosphere
    Wow: classic mmo formula
    Guild wars 2: alternative mmo formula
    Vindictus: hack and slash
    Tera: action combat, bigger world compared to Dn
    FFXIV: it's final fantasy

otoshi-god likes this.
  16. otoshi-god

Reading List:
    Link
    that is a small description but pretty helpful

17. chopin124

chopin124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you liked KOTOR, try Star wars the old republic :3
    Not good for longevity, but worth playing through the Imperial Agent Storyline :3 (My fave xD)
    It's basically a single player MMO, never did the multiplayer content because of time constraints but otherwise I enjoyed the story experience xD oh and space pvp before I fell horribly behind...

I can't get into MMOs anymore because of the grind :/

18. Andyman301

Andyman301 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Runescape?

19. FFAx27

FFAx27 Seeking Enlightenment

Reading List:
    Link
    Cabal Online. Been playing this one for over 5 years. I dun know why but I just dun get bored with it. Or maybe Tera Online? Blade and Soul?

20. Sheep

Sheep Best Original Sheep

Reading List:
    Link
    Blackdesert not p2w ? oh please.. First lets define p2w.

1. P2W is a state where F2P player cannot compete due to wall created by IRL money. It means that some resources / FEATURE are not available to get via in game effort.

2. Aside from that you could also say a game is P2W if the grindwall is so massive that F2P player cannot catch up no matter how many hours they put inside the game.

BDO being one of the game designed for P2W have

1. Feature disabled due to not paying money (storage, pet, auto loot, etc)
    2. Costume have status advantage
    3. item mall can be translated directly into in game currency (http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/...ame-accessibility-to-pearl-shop-items/&page=1)

That being said i suggest you go play GW2 / ESO / FF

its quality is great, not p2w.