Discussion help to select an MMORPG

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by otoshi-god, Jun 16, 2017.

1. John Maverick

John Maverick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not much of a gamer So when I was searching for a MMORPG, for the same reasons as you, my priority was that was more or less complete but not too complex for a total noob like myself. The one that click to me was: Mabinogi

The things I like:

• You have the tipical classes, you can craft and even play music.
    • There is pvp only if you want, so is a pve.
    • Your character can get skills of all of the classes
    • The community is helpfull to noobs (and in general).
    • It isn't a "pay to win".
    Some things not so good are:
    • The graphics are a little dated, but it was made to look "anime like" more than ultra realistic.
    • The "tutorial" is a long one. I don't dislike it but maybe you don't like to be draged all over the world.
    Give it a try.

otoshi-god likes this.
  2. otoshi-god

otoshi-god "Alive";[False Illusionist]

Reading List:
    Link
    well i shall say that my objective of playing the game will be being a blacksmith (like the MC of the new gate) and to be almost alone all the time (*cryes in a corner without friends*), and since i will have like 2 months of free time i should try around 3 days per game with each day of 6 hours i think? but well the problem will be about the fact if the crafting system is good

3. otoshi-god

Reading List:
    Link
    and i should remake my question about an mmo that has a complete craft system and balanced level between creating it by yourself or getting it by loot? and is for a loner people(*cryes in a corner without friends*)?

4. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    FFXIV and ESO if you want crafting.

Also you might want to avoid MMOs (Massively Multiplayer Online) if you just want to play alone.

5. otoshi-god

Reading List:
    Link
    good answer and thanks, i know i could just play skyrim or fallout 4 or witcher 1 or 2 or 3; but i am searching for an mmo because i want that human feel, when you have played Skyrim for 380 hours in PC with another 100 or more in PS3 and 60 of Fallout 4 you start to see the limit between interaction with NPC´s in comparison to interacting with humans and since i don't have local friends that a computer with my level (i play in 1080p, gtx 980, i7-4790k, 16 gb ram) or want to play the game (i have a friend with a laptop Alienware and he only plays casual games like Sims 4, overwatch, etc.) so i want to search a good mmo to lost my time.

6. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Warframe.
    Also Black Desert Online if you can handle the grinding it is the same with Warframe. For some reason every game I play involves either grinding or more grinding. Mhmm. Welp. Kingdom under Fire 2.

7. otoshi-god

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I had my whole arm injured due to a 34-hour long non-stop grind on Warframe then switching back to Destiny when the Raid got resetted(there's 2 or 3 raids I think) and overall it took me another 4 - 5 hours of doing those alongside with the Daily Quests and shits. Then doing it on my 2 characters.

EDIT: Plus I fap after that, couldn't move my right arm that much.

9. otoshi-god

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

10. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, it was Summer so I can't do anything other than to play(except for playing basketball(by myself) and jogging).

11. otoshi-god

Reading List:
    Link
    that specific description (by myself) hurt... it hurt too much.....

12. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if you're looking for that "Human feel" then I suggest Rust as you will feel everything. From love to friendship to betrayals, also if you want to get absolute best friends then go play Warframe. I met a lot of talented and the one who I call my best friend there.

13. otoshi-god

Reading List:
    Link
    i can imagine that.....

14. maloya02

maloya02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Revelation online

15. yooh

yooh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would definitely recommend FFXIV if you're willing to pay for monthly subscription. You can get the free trial and see for yourself, and if you like it you can go ahead and purchase the game. Like another poster have said, they're having a major expansion (in fact the maintenance will end in about 30 minutes), and with that they're selling some support items to accommodate newer players. Examples are job boosters (you can get one of your jobs to lv 60 and receive a set of equipments) and scenario skip potion (you can skip the previous two expansions and start the newest storyline quest).

I haven't actually tried out the crafting system, but from what I've seen and heard, it's quite intricate unlike most other games. They have a lot of crafting classes that you can mess around with (alchemist, culinarian, goldsmith, etc.). As for the social aspect, it can be quite challenging to do end-game contents solo, but the game does have a matching system set up for parties. If you find it hard to find a friend to play with, perhaps finding an FC (guild) that is actively looking for new players would be a great start. Not all the players are hardcore players, some are casuals, RPers, or just people who wants to enjoy the game. I'm not much of a talker myself and I tend to shy away from other players, but my FC has been very helpful and understanding about it.

I can't say much since I'm still new to the game, but so far it's been an amazing experience, and I can see myself playing this game for a long time on and off. I hope that if you ever decide to give it a try, you'll feel the same way too. Apologies for the wall of text. :p

otoshi-god likes this.
  16. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    I always recommend guild wars 2 a try. Personally I don't enjoy the crafting system too much, but it is different from many other MMO crafting systems. The best gear in terms of stats you can craft and/or loot, although there isn't too much difference between the highest tier gear vs the 2nd highest tier gear (I think it was like 10%+ damage on comparing full dps sets).

Besides, it's free to play without being pay to win in the slightest, and even on a free account you can get the highest tier gear and participate in most things. To upgrade to a normal account, you just need to buy the expack (which has lots of more hardcore pve stuff alongside class variations), but it's not even as if you have to upgrade unless you really care about those extra variations and the extra pve content.

otoshi-god likes this.
  17. ProXy4

ProXy4 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why has no one said Hackmud!!!???

18. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Simple: Wtf is Hackmud?

19. Khatulistiwa