Help with synopsis

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by hachiman hikigaya, Apr 17, 2017.

1. hachiman hikigaya

hachiman hikigaya Semper fidelis

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please translate this synopsis for me it's in Chinese

“你就是我的骑士么?”银发的少年看着眼前的金发少女微笑着问道,这是少年十岁时的邂逅。
      “你就是我的新娘么?”轻轻的揽住了和他十年结伴同行的金发少女,少年疑问而肯定,这是十六岁的物语。
      “你就是我的国王么?”半跪在王座下,抬起头来微笑地看着手持胜利之剑的少女,少年的微笑一如十年前的男孩。
      “我可以没有眼睛,但是你,但是整个卡美洛不能没有眼睛哦。”微笑着永远的将眼睛送给了因为红龙的诅咒而失去了双眼的女孩,少年不后悔,这是二十年的快乐。
      “那么,亚瑟?彭?德拉贡?阿尔托莉亚啊,骑士王啊,少女啊,你愿意……和我一生结伴同行么?”微笑着对少女伸出了手,银发的少年在两千五百年后仍然如此问道。这是两千五百年的羁绊。
      新书:《末日最终帝国》,书号:3142828,求支持!

Action likes this.
  2. nacochip

nacochip Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Posting up a novel request? My god the names at the end nearly gave me cancer. Especially when they came in halting question marks. I can't believe I took a break from translating to translate more rofl.

"Are you my knight?" The silver haired youth looked at the the golden haired girl in front of him with a smile. This was the youth's chance encounter at the age of 10.

"Are you my bride?" He gently embraced the golden haired girl who'd been with him for the past 10 years. He asked to be certain. This was his story at the age 16.

(Or story of 16 years. I'm not sure. Probably story of 16 years? I mean how could his first encounter be at the age of 10 if 16-10 = 6. But that doesn't seem to fall in line with the chronological order of the text)

"Are you my king?" Half kneeling beneath the throne, he lifted his head with a smile to look at a girl holding the sword of victory in her hands, a youth's smile was the same as the boy from 10 years ago.

"I can be blind, but you, the entire Camelot mustn't be." As always, with a smile on his face, the youth gave his eyes to the girl who'd gone blind because of the red dragon's curse. The youth wouldn't regret his actions. This was his happiness from 20 years ago.

"So, Arthur? Pen? Dragon? Artoria the king of knights. Girl, are you willing... to be my companion for the rest of your life?" With a smile he stretched out his hand towards the girl. 2500 years later, the silver haired youth still asked the same question. This was their tale of being shackled to one another for 2500 years.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    hachiman hikigaya and Action like this.
  3. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You accidentally mistranslated knight as driver in the first sentence.

The last sentence basically means: This is their 2500 year tale of being shackled to each other.

The author can write a hell of a synopsis. I want to read it now lol

Also, when I read "Pen? Dragon?" I thought of the Pendragon series. Ahhh, childhood. Good times good times

aoiisora likes this.
  4. nacochip

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoops. Ill fix that lol. What about the other 16 years old part? It's a bit vague there, but both interpretations seem a bit wrong

Yeah it was a really great synopsis. But the author's level of Chinese is a bit out of my league lol. If I were to translate it it'd take far too long for me.

I thought of fate when I read it lol

5. hachiman hikigaya

hachiman hikigaya Semper fidelis

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for translating it

6. nacochip

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem, just giving back a bit ;)

7. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About the whole 16-10 thing, I think you got it right. But I also find the logic weird >_> Maybe there's something we both aren't getting.

Also, funny how you mention fate. Check out the cover of another one of the author's books. It certainly looks familiar lmao

8. nacochip

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the novel you linked and this one are basically use the fate characters as the setting lol. The pictures are a dead give away. I'm surprised the Japanese publishers haven't tried to take any copyright action against him lol.