LCD History’s Strongest Senior Brother

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gauthamc, May 31, 2016.

1. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a really interesting thought. I didn't even consider it, though I kind of doubt that's the case though, because sure, he's enemies with the Yan Di faction, but him revealing the secret of the Maiden of Extreme Yin is detrimental to Broad Creed Mountain as a whole, not just Yan Di's faction. Though if he's only leaking Yan Zhaoge's accomplishments to make the other Sacred Grounds more aware and cautious of him, then that makes sense.

Also, it's pretty interesting to see how Fang Zhun is acting. Ever since his introduction, he seems to be a pretty chill dude, so it's likely that his schemes run pretty damn deep o.0

Chapter 151: I'm kind of curious as to the effects of the Heavenly Broad Creed Pill as well as what sort of things are in the Martial Repository. I wonder why Yan Zhaoge would want to go in there, given his immense knowledge.

Chapter 152 (Preview): It seems as though Yan Zhaoge might be heading to the Underworlds at one point in the future? Sounds interesting.

2. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1 to make others people believe he knows from reading
    2 immense knowledge doesn't mean he know everything

3. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Profound Spirit Pill just gave Yan Zhaoge a straight up boost in his aura-qi accumulation. Even the Qilin Spring Baptism was just a straight up boost to the size of his qi ocean (increasing the amount of aura-qi he could hold in himself) and his body's specs, so I'm guessing the Heavenly Broad Creed Pill will just help with his aura-qi. Perhaps it'll even do something special for the quality of his qi too, maybe strengthen whatever advantages "clear qi" has, but that's about the extent of what I can guess.

4. Deathsson

Deathsson [A bored reader][Back for More]

Reading List:
    Link
    Does this have a harem in it..... when I saw it, it had a harem tag, they can be pretty misleading

5. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    What I meant by immense knowledge is that, since he's from the Pre Calamity Period, and was seemingly able to learn everything in his clan's repository (I'm fairly certain it was stated that he read everything), what knowledge could he possibly learn in this new repository?

6. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    It was said multiple time that there is some difference with martial art from before and after the calamity.
    And there is probably the "signature" move from the sect, as one of the young master, and one of the next pillar of the sect he need to learn them

7. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough I guess. Guess I was looking down on the techniques from after the calamity xD

Lokumi likes this.
  8. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I think that we can still look down on them, if he learn technique he will probably keep the form but change the essence and créateur something more powerful, after all he came from a society at her best.
    If I were to make a comparison that would be:
    - Pre-calamity = 21th century
    - Post-calamity = 1850-1900

CodeZero likes this.
  9. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    That seems like a pretty good comparison. Though it's funny how he can't just use the techniques he already knows, but has to upgrade the techniques in the current era.

Chapter 152: Lol, if this is still only low-key, then I'm totally looking forward to the chaos brought about by him when he's trying to be high profile xD

I'm curious about the other guy next to Zhao Hao. Seems like he's pretty strong/unique.

Chapter 153
    : Zhao Hao's arrogance ... smh. If he has similarly shocking talent, yet was also able to beat him in knowledge, what makes him think that Yan Zhaoge would lose to him in a fight at the same cultivation level? Not to mention getting to the same level means that his own talent/cultivation speed would have to surpass Yan Zhaoge's, which seems unlikely.

Lol what? Xiao Yu seems like his goal in life is to be a fisherman, with cultivating only a hobby on the side, lmao.

Chapter 154 (Preview)
    : Damn, this Ruan Ping guy seems like he will try and get Turbid Wave Pavillion and Sacred Sun Clan closer. He may end up making things difficult for Broad Creed Mountain's Maiden of Extreme Yin if the opportunity presents itself.

10. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 154: I wonder what Yan Zhaoge meant by that last sentence? "Yan Zhaoge stroked his lower chin, “Cough, is this an aftereffect of Infinite Boundless Mountain previously spreading news as they thought to overpraise me to death?""

Is this meant to be Turbid Wave Pavillion plotting against him and Broad Creed Mountain? Or did Infinite Boundless Mountain do something in order to get back at him? Guess I'll need to wait and read the next chapter because I'm confused right now o.0

11. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you know, he's integrating the Wind Fire Calamities with the Aura Wind Heavenly Warping Qi, Tiger Roar Demonic Fist, and the Mighty Ape Demonic Fist techniques he has. So it's not like they're useless. Perhaps the 3 strongest techniques of Broad Creed Mountain stored on their 4th floor may be able to come even closer, or even equal, the techniques from the pre-Calamity era.

At any rate, what Yan Zhaoge is most interested about in the current era's martial techniques is the way they've evolved without being restricted by the ways of thought established in the times before. He'll surely be able to pick up something beneficial for himself from that alone.

Well, talent in cultivation is different from actual martial ability. He must be thinking that he can do what Yan Zhaoge did against Xiao Shen when the latter suppressed his cultivation level to fight with puppets against Yan Zhaoge. Thinks that, in terms of technique and battle sense, he's superior to Yan Zhaoge. I don't think the results of such thinking really needs to be said, yeah?

Now that you mention it, I wonder if Ruan Ping is responsible for the changes in the formation. And I don't think it's Infinite Boundless Mountain; it's already impossible for them to sit on the fence now. Even if they betray Broad Creed Mountain, they definitely won't be able to cozy up to Sacred Sun Clan because of Heavenly Thunder Hall.

Early on, I wager that was referring to Ye Jing and, well. He's gone now. Yan Zhaoge's got some romance targets now, though, but it's not developed yet to such a point, so at this point, the tag is just an expectation for future developments.

CodeZero likes this.
  12. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    That makes sense. If I was in his shoes, I'd probably also be pretty curious as to how the martial arts of the world had developed.

Then he's even more stupid than I thought. I mean, hasn't he heard about Yan Zhaoge's feats. Zhao Hao obviously isn't the only person who can fight above realms, and since Yan Zhaoge has had a pretty good record of doing so, not to mention his evidently broader level of knowledge, there's really no reason why Zhao Hao should think he'd be superior to Yan Zhaoge in any aspect. Guess it's just wishful thinking.

That's quite possible, but I was simply of the idea that Yan Zhaoge was being targeted against. It doesn't seem as though Ruan Ping has a reason to go after him, so, while I can't rule him out, I don't think he's a very likely suspect. As for Infinite Boundless Mountain, I don't think they were planning on betraying Broad Creed Mountain, but I do think that they would want to somehow get back at Yan Zhaoge after what he had did to them. Though I'm not too sure what changing the formation could do. Maybe have a false alarm and force Yan Zhaoge to explain himself o_O

13. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe something that doesn't exist in the past?
    looks at our world now, technology that doesn't exist in the past are present now

14. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    But you have to remember that this is after a calamity has occurred. It's unlikely that whatever is available now was much better than what was available in the past.

15. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    It would still provide him with insights on how to perfect his advance to higher realms due to the previously stated changes to post-calamity human physiology instead of wasting time and risk testing this theories on himself. That was what he stated when in one of the chapters where he was training the Six Demon Fists IIRC.

EDIT: It was implied in Chapter 29 and explained in Chapter 113 why he does so. By integrating ancient and modern it's easier for him to hide the origins of his many martial arts and create new variations.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    CodeZero likes this.
  16. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough, that makes a lot of sense.

17. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's starting to be obvious what Yan Zhaoge is aiming for with his Martial Arts:-

Broad Creed Mountain style being Jack-of-All-Trades Yan Zhaoge aims to be a Master of All. More momentum than Sacred Sun Clan, faster than Heavenly Thunder Hall, stronger & tougher than Infinite Boundless Mountain, softer & more dissipating than Turbid Wave Pavilion and more all-pervading & omnipresent than Jade Sea City. He aims to beat down geniuses in areas where they're strongest to crush them completely.

18. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 155: So it seems as though it really was Ruan Ping who was messing with the formation, though I am kind of surprised that he did it. If it really was for Meng Wan, then he should be focusing on making things difficult for Broad Creed Mountain's Maiden of Extreme Yin, not Yan Zhaoge. It's probably a mix between wanting to help Meng Wan and his own pride, wanting to test Yan Zhaoge and see if he's really all that. Also pretty cool to see that Turbid Wave Pavilion also has people with slight tendencies towards Broad Creed Mountain :D

19. Alexander12

Alexander12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Making trouble for Feng Mudge would be hard as she is in Broad Creed mountain
    I think he is Jealous of YZG since it is mentioned all people even in the lake domain were praising him to the skies

20. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's probably the case. Perhaps he's also worried that Meng Wan might become infatuated with Yan Zhaoge due to his increasing level of fame? xD