LCD History’s Strongest Senior Brother

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gauthamc, May 31, 2016.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    In Lin Zhou's timeline Yan Zhaoge would have been killed extremely early. He would have died to the brat (forget his name) that was a child of the heavens with the classic MC luck.
    Lin Zhou finally acted specifically against Yan Zhaoge instead of coincidentally once his father died. Part of the reason Lin Zhou came back was to save his father, so that was the final straw for him. Yan Zhaoge changing the future that Lin Zhou knew was definitely a reason but it was his father dying that really sent Lin Zhou on his assassination attempt. This is how i read it at least.

Without Yan Zhaoge, Yuan Zhengfeng would have never reached the Martial Saint Realm. Without him reaching the Martial Saint Realm Yan Di would not have been able to gain the insights he did from his fight with a Martial Saint. Without Yan Zhaoge getting that Pagoda (?) Yan Di would have been unable to take that final step into the Martial Saint Realm so quickly.
    But more than that Broad Creed Mountain would no longer exist if not for Yan Zhaoge.
    So in Lin Zhou's timeline, all of Broad Creed Mountain was destroyed with assuredly Yan Di and Yuan Zhengfeng both killed.
    Everything that happened after that point in time was 100% out of his capacity to predict.

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think his threat to the clan goes without saying. Everybody including the martial saints are acknowledging it. Lin Zhou is a time traveler who seemingly has decades of experience over geniuses in his age group but was beaten back by YZ multiple times. YZ has been personally ruining every single plan he makes. The thunder eye artifact? YZ popped up and snatched it. The crane wing artifact? YZ popped up and snatched it. The Ice dragon inheritance? YZ popped up and snatched it. There's no need to even mention future knowledge being changed.

Lin Zhou is not an idiot. Everybody was aware of the fact that Broad Creed Mountain would become powerful enough to destroy Heavenly Thunder Hall. Look at their line up. The old chief became a martial saint that's unparalleled at his level. New chief is strong enough to overpower 1st level martial saints with the clear qi robe and is pretty much guaranteed to reach martial saint level in the future. 2nd apprentice uncle has a decent chance of becoming a martial saint. Oldest member of the younger generation has a decent chance of becoming a martial saint. YZ is certain to become a martial saint. Their maiden of extreme Yin has a good chance of winning the crown.

Actually I think the original YZ died at the martial meeting thing. When nine underworlds people ambushed them.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  3. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, i thought he foiled a plan to have him killed really early in the novel. I could be wrong since it has been so long though.

4. Horiya

Horiya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, MC has always a back up plan. So the three Huang basically asked for being fucked up. Pfft.

5. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, yes. Even when they first attacked BCM right after Xin Dongping's rebellion, the SSC and the HTH still had to lie and make up some sort of justification, since those like Turbid Wave Pavilion and Old Man Mo would frown upon such actions. Then they just pretty much devolved into open warfare. In the end, the whole destruction of the sect may not be needed, but merely their surrender. Or rather, if the HTH contributed a lot to saving the world and engendered the gratitude of the Eight Extremities World, "honor" and such would have to permit sparing them. All of the sects, including BCM, did owe Lin Zhou and the HTH a bit for the info on the spies, after all.

6. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Think about the reverse. YZ has contributed as much as anyone to the safety of their world but what has it got him? Excluding his own sect nobody has given him a single thing. No wait, he got a nickname and a bigger target on his back. His enemies are still trying to kill him and get rid of his sect. I see the situation being the same if Lin Zhou and HTH contributed more.

7. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Infinite Boundless Mountain's Elder Mo invited him over to their mountain to gift him some stuff for taking care of Liu Shengfeng the first time. We never saw that happen, though I think we can expect that it happened just like how it was off-handedly mentioned that Yan Zhaoge was given free access to the floor with the supreme techniques or that, more than having top priority to the sect's resources, he's now the guy who's actually responsible for total distribution.

I'm not saying that the enemy clans will give them a free pass, but at least with neutral parties like Turbid Wave Pavilion, he'd be able to receive some actual gratitude. Besides that, the point is that they'd have no choice but to be grateful for the help. It's an issue of face. Not everyone is as much of a backstabber as the Sacred Sun Clan are, and it was even a Heavenly Thunder Hall Elder who straightforwardly acknowledged Yan Zhaoge's prowess back in the aftermath of the Clear Concealed Lake incident. At any rate, this is a Chinese novel. Being famous is a great enough benefit and, even if it doesn't get you gifts from your enemies, you still get big rewards from your actual allies (Yan Zhaoge's huge amount of authority in Broad Creed Mountain being a result of him getting 'a nickname and a bigger target on his back').

But let's forget about rewards for a moment. The important bit of Yan Zhaoge's scolding was that he was saying that Lin Zhou could have achieved great things for the Eight Extremities World as a whole. That entire incident with the Fire Devils' invasion? That's one big missed opportunity. I mean, he managed to save his waifu, but that's the extent of it. He allowed all sects as a whole, including his own, suffer from the Fire Devils' secret plan to use the Fire Pith Veins. He mitigated the damage for his sect a bit by informing them just that bit earlier, but he pretty much left it up to them to try and find a way to benefit from it while he concentrated on trying to kill Yan Zhaoge.

8. swordman009

swordman009 Destroyer

Reading List:
    Link
    Question is there any side romance or anything in this novel?

9. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Side romance? You mean romance on the side or romance between side-characters? There are hints of mutual attraction between the MC and one other female character, but neither one has acted yet.

10. swordman009

swordman009 Destroyer

Reading List:
    Link
    meant it more as not a main focus but it's there and that which you gave me is good enough!

11. YoshiDonuts

YoshiDonuts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feng Yunsheng x Yan Zhaoge

12. swordman009

swordman009 Destroyer

Reading List:
    Link
    I support and ship!

13. leva

leva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but I kinda only ever see them platonically, mostly because they both are cultivation maniacs and will forever be married to the job... Also kinda why I think him succeeding the position from daddy will cripple one of BCM's greatest advantage over others.

14. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean. Are you up to date?
    When Shi Jun asked if Yan Zhaoge had anyone he was looking to marry, Feng Yunsheng reacted to it and Yan Zhaoge himself actually thought of Feng Yunsheng, though he managed to hide it externally.

15. leva

leva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am up to date, it's just my personal view. Like as much as they like each other it's gonna be sidelined in favor of, probably, everything with BCM

16. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean. There are like 1000+ chapters, and we're only around the 500 chapter mark. With inter-dimensional travel becoming a real option (through the Lofty Prestige Mirror and being able to freely travel between dimensions at supposedly the 4th level of the Martial Saint realm), Yan Zhaoge might soon depart the nest for some new adventures in the other worlds. And considering how the Extreme Yang Seal is being paired up with the Extreme Yin Crown, I'm sure Feng Yunsheng's destined to continue accompanying him in the future. I mean, unlike poor Ah Hu, Feng Yunsheng might just be able to keep up with Yan Zhaoge with the Extreme Yin Crown enhancing her cultivation speed.

I mean, Broad Creed Mountain (and the Eight Extremities World, for that matter) will probably be fine in the future as Yan Zhaoge goes on to deal with more major events. Those Martial Saint backers of the Sacred Sun Clan weren't even all that interested in the Sacred Sun Clan itself, after all. The EEW was just another place to get possible new recruits from for them, I believe.

17. Basty

Basty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mc should share his amny god damn scriptures to his pal especially longtu is suit for train same peerless scripture.

18. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    now, there still hadn't an MC that transmigrated from earth! when will there be one?

19. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's Yan Zhaoge. He transmigrated to the pre-Great Calamity World, died in the Great Calamity, then transmigrated to the body of the original Yan Zhaoge in the post-Great Calamity World.

He can't. The only reason he's able to practice many is because that's the nature of the Peerless Heavenly Scripture, which can integrate other qi cultivation arts. Otherwise, the cultivation of other people would have to be restarted from 0 like Feng Yunsheng's was; she practiced the Great Sun True Qi of the Sacred Sun Clan, so Broad Creed Mountain used something called the Ocean Changing Stone to "reforge" her qi ocean and allow her to practice the Clear Qi Profound Art of Broad Creed Mountain.

Teleclast likes this.
  20. jmj1011995

jmj1011995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 526: So basically, i'm guessing they wanted to elope or something but the other disciples of her sect didn't want this because he was a guest of Changli Mountain and when they tried to stop them, Shi Jun killed them in self defence.

Also, given that he is apparently intolerant to criminals and the fact that he carried the girl off instead of her actually running along with him maybe she was injured or immobilised by the two sect disciples he killed. Mayhaps it was them with untoward intentions towards her and he knew he had to run because he knew he would be killed and framed regardless or perhaps there is something going on in the Blood Dragon Sect with them wanting to sell of the girl for a marriage alliance she doesn't want and that was why Shi Jun had to rescue/kidnap her.