History of the forums and the people in it, so far (from what I remember)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mousa4, Dec 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit: before I begin the history I would like to thank the people who made it possible for such a forum to exist, the translators: @Ldyrdy @Scrya @Bagelson @NinetH @CoCayn @Yukkuri Oniisan
    These are all the translators i know of, if you translate comment below so i can give you guys the appriciation. Don't be modest.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------'---'''''-----------------------------------
    It was October 20th, near mid night (eastern time zone), that Tony had officially updated the old forums, to create this wonderful (not really) place.
    The first thread created was by @Lachiel : http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/to-be-a-virtuous-wife-latest-chapter-discussion.26/
    In fact Lachiel created like the first 5 threads. As Lachiel created his threads, I am pretty sure other people also started to gain confidence in creating threads. If I remember correctly the second person to create a thread was @SrPyro Cure to Boredom. After that I also started to create my own threads. There were not a lot of people at that time, some barely ever post now, like @SrPyro @Catacus @sal880612m (who slowed down a lot in the recent weeks) @Anoncommander1 (who I have not seen around in a while) @Jesus (I see him around but not as often as before) I might be missing some people but those are the only ones that come to my mind right now. Some people were just lurkers at that time, never really posted anything, they just watched. There were also some people who only posted a couple times, so not going to mention them. Also there are people who started in the beginning and still post to this day but don't have many posts like @drealicious and @MapleKaiser
    Now this was the beginning of the forums not a lot of people were on, in fact I remember less than 10 people being on at one point, so we are growing at quite a steady pace. So I still have a group of people who I consider the "originals" :). Here they are @Satan @AkeShiro @Lachiel @Shio @sal880612m @Zone Q11 @Jesus @JJ @Catacus and myself (I know there are more but I can't remember everyone).

Now came the thread after a week or so that really took our forum from 10 people online at a time to 30-40 people online at a time. And that thread was named "dethroning Satan", I can't find the link to it. This introduced the new batch of people which included @FlowingSong @brianf @Das @LivingCorpse . Couple days after these guys got there "spot" in the forums came the third generation, and man was the third generation something. It included @Mrgameandwatch77 @qwerty (the original "liker") @Saitama (my god how much i hated his previous profile pic), there are more I consider third generation but names do not come to mind.
    Also this batch of people brought us the creator of the term hi jack @Mrgameandwatch77 . Along with him and flowingsong they were the hi jack duo, they have ended their hi jacking phase. But what these two were special for was their relationship status. Thanks to their own relationships we were introduced another batch of people. With Chrit being the first person of this thread to ask for relationship advice. We were introduced to @Linley @Ldyrdy @AicilaXI , again there are more but these are the only ones I remember for now. I remember linley being around the 3rd phase, but he didn't really become what he is now, the ever renounced "love doctor" until the relationship phase. Before he was just cute little pic of bebe. Now this batch of people I call the "smart people", with linley creating his harems, ldyrdy being an awesome translator, and Aicila being one of the smartest people I have seen on this forum (just look at the wheel of fortune game). They made an impact but not as big as the next people. Forgot to mention @canaria23 and @cdlevit

Now came the 5th generation and I refer to this generation as the epic meal time. You know with all the talking food. We were introduced to @Potato @Pie @tocos10 @Cupcake Ninja @fluffymigs @Stealth . Again there are more but can't remember. What can I say about this. Hmm well it introduced the one person I avoid on this thread because his shtick is far to annoying (no it's not the potato). These people introduced the creating the most random threads and posting the most random things. Which some people hated and some people liked.
    We were also introduced to the first ever conflict between users, unfortunately Lachiel hogged all the fun.

We are currently transitioning to the 6th batch of people like @ibekaya @Estarossa @Ritsuru @BattleNoob @coveted , that multi coloured pic guy I forget his name, @Shiki Shiori but they have yet to make an identity of their own. Except for Ritsuru who is and always forever will be known as the megane.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Since the beginning of the forums a lot of people aimed to be number 1 some failed and some succeeded. In the beginning it was Lacheil vs JJ and there were some others trying to catch up like catacus and zone q11. But there was no competition against Lachiel. Than came flowingsong she was rapidly going to through everyone she surpassed JJ and later on surpassed Lachiel. flowingsong just sky rocketed no one was even close to her. Later on linley claimed to be trying to go for #1, but he was just dreaming. But you know who wasn't, the potato, he rapidly and when I rapidly I mean the rapidly in flash terms. He reached the top and became the first ever 2000 er. Also flowingsong was first ever 1000 posts and 1000 likes. Creeping up behind them is Canaria but they never found him as a threat. Also Lachiel got promoted to a mod, so in the end he truly did come out on top. And JJ has slowed down a lot.

I would also like to mention people who I forgot to include @Scrya , @Ai chan (who makes some great fan fiction, you guys should really check them out) @Holy Dragon Emperor @aridharma @Dr.Maniac @Raphael (who was another person who started in the beginning and has slowed down) @GM_Rusaku @Nyanko
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now through out this I mainly talked about the people. I will talk about how the forum transitioned through the times. And the different threads that really caused a stir.
    In the beginning the forum never had the Community Originals,
    I'm Looking For...,
    Novel Pickup Request,

Translator's Corner, and the "general" novel section.
    Now with all the new things added to the forum it truly does feel like the forums been out for at least a few months, but in all reality it has only been a month.
    *I will edit this once I feel like typing more, and more things come to my mind*.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In all seriousness I would like to thank @Tony for creating this wonderful forum. I know it's just the internet and it's just a forum, but having an opportunity to talk to people about translated novels, is something I never thought I would do whether irl or on the internet.

Also thanks to the moderators for doing at best a mediocre job @holyshin @Electromaster @remy911

ps. this history is all from my memory so, if you want me to add something or change something I will do it.
    This may go down as a horrible mistake because, some people may view history different than I do.
    Damn I typed a lot...
    This is what happens when a person is bored...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  2. holyshin

holyshin Moderator

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome

3. coveted

coveted Sexiest Banana Alive

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh...Oooh... I was mentioned... *kyaaaaa
    [​IMG]

kraken296, mir, iampsyx and 2 others like this.
  4. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. Wall of text. Thought the forum was older... Guess I was one of the lurkers. Also those are some names I haven't seen in a while. Wonder what happened to them.

CDLevit likes this.
  5. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Muu~I wasn't mentioned:(

Nom de Plume, Hate and iampsyx like this.
  6. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't slowed down that much and I still check the boards about as often as before. I just don't have much to say and can't keep up with threads that go from one page to twenty pages in 4 hours. I try to reply properly when I'm mentioned or qouted.

tekinwillie and NinetH like this.
  7. kraken296

kraken296 The Greatest kraken warrior

Reading List:
    Link
    me tooo:(:(:mad:
    i should be in the 5th gen i think

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  8. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    Aren't you glad I changed my pic? :$
    Also I really don't know what hijack is...

Chrit likes this.
  9. Chrit

Chrit Chrit the human.

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this, and I did not create the term hijacking. It just sort of arose from me, fs, and @Das who you forgot to mention.

Not a criticism of your excellent summary, just something I thought was strange. Though, if I'll gladly take the credit for creating hijacking!

Also, Community Games only arose after we asked @Tony for it. Just another to add to your list. :)

Thanks!

tekinwillie, CDLevit and Saitama like this.
  10. Darkaeluz

Darkaeluz 『Whosays25 Onii-chan』, 『He who gave up on Love』

Reading List:
    Link
    I already forgot all of that, it feels as if it was a long time ago

11. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    my bad :(, will mention once I start editing
    will change once I start editing
    Will change and add once I start editing :)
    you are new so I don't mind forgetting you :p, I will add you afterwards when i start editing.

12. coveted

coveted Sexiest Banana Alive

Reading List:
    Link
    I definitely remembered the first time i saw @Potato 's post. He was a few posts behind me that time and then the next day he was over a hundred already. The day after it doubled, then tripled until I can no longer understand how that happened.
    [​IMG]

Potato and CDLevit like this.
  13. loli

loli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how are generation divided from what i see @Potato and @Ritsuru joined at almost same time and @ibekaya joined preety early but you mentioned him in 6th gen

Enigma likes this.
  14. Chrit

Chrit Chrit the human.

Reading List:
    Link
    First mention of hijacking I could find using search:
    But I think we were talking about hijacking before then...

15. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    I divided them at the part they got "famous" so people may of joined the first day but they didn't really start posting until later on, they were either just lurkers or weren't interested.

16. loli

loli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ohhhh
    i will make my place in sixth or maybe seventh gen

17. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    yep I am planning on making the sixth gen the longest one, since there are a lot more people now. Seventh gen is going to start once the others start reaching 500-1000 post mark.

18. FlowingSong

FlowingSong Otome Isekai Reader and Trash ML Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    ETOO just to note! THIS GIRL, FS did not ruin lachiel ne! that's a lie!!!!
    *kicks @Mousa4*

prongsjiisan, GM_Rusaku and Gadget like this.
  19. Chrit

Chrit Chrit the human.

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I believe we just referred to hacked threads as derailed from their original topic. I'm going to have to credit fs for making the thread hijackers a thing here.

20. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Which novel is @Ldyrdy translating?

What relationship between FS and Mrgame? Also what I want to know is how @Lachiel and @FlowingSong ended up becoming a couple:D