Discussion How does it feel for a man when he gets cuckolded despite not doing anything wrong?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ananya, Mar 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm, I think it depends on the gender of the affected party... and also the gender of the one who cheats...

If you're a girl, you will feel more 'disgusted' when a Man Cheats on a Woman.

Vice Versa

If you're a boy, you will feel more 'disgusted' when a Woman Cheats on a Man.

Of course, that mostly accounts for those people who like Straight relationships. I guess, if you're gay, you will feel disgusted when a Man Cheats on a Man. or if you're a Lesbian, you will feel more disgusted when a Woman cheats on a Woman...?

I'm basically grasping on straws here, I don't know, but that's my general guess since that's what I feel.

Anyways, this is one of the reasons. And this is NOT the only reason, it all goes down on what a person like and their preferences. Hell, I know some girls who likes it when a guy cheats on a woman, and vice versa again, meaning a guy likes it when a girl cheats with other men.

2. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason humans cringe when watching someone do something stupid, is because of something called empathy. The ability to feel and recognize the emotions of another person. We cringe, because we are feeling embarrassed for that person, the feeling of embarrassment, is that cringe like feeling.

Of course it goes beyond embarrassment, we can technically feel any emotion, and it doesn't even have to be from a real person. For example when reading a love story do you ever get a happy bubbly sensation in your stomach? When watching an exciting fight scene does your blood start pumping faster?

If the answer to these questions is yes, then you are an empathetic viewer. When the characters in your story has a positive experience you feel happy for them, and when something negative happens you feel sad or angry for them. Of course there are different levels, and some people can control their feelings. For example I can detach myself from a person I know is going to die later, that way I won't feel sad when it happens.

Anyway I hope this answers your question at least about why NTR affects you.

Dragon God likes this.
  3. NevetsKen

NevetsKen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i like both harem and reverse harem, they are fun

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    Sad truth(?); I'm going to offend(?) a lot of people by saying this:
    A girl can take 3 guys at a time(or more) but male can only plunge in 1 at a time.

Dragon God, Someguy666, asriu and 2 others like this.
  5. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not offended or anything, but that kind of thinking is a little outdated (I guess), since a Girl can be impregnated by many men, lmao!~ XD

You just have to wait for 1 year or so, not 9 months since that would affect the girl's health if she gets impregnated again right after giving birth.

6. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    how do you read and enjoy novels if you don't have any attachment to the characters is what i want to know then

7. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    U are right! I'm empathetic viewer provided the story/movie is well written/made.

8. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    i think a lot of it has to do with the reasons behind it, or the way people react/accept it. they're rarely done well enough that the reader can accept such an outcome, and it's basically just used to show the MC as a weak willed wuss that would still forgive the other, or give him an excuse to go bat shit crazy, while the female's just portrayed as naive, shallow, disloyal, and/or completely selfserving. i think the worst are the "i only slept with him for your sake, how was i supposed to know this asshole that wants you and your family dead and humiliated would have wanted to completely break you by exposing our relationship."

i can accept rational people. i can deal with horrible people backstabbing others for reasons that suit their character. complete personality turn arounds that make no sense beyond forcibly making drama is just bad writing. i guess it's just a matter of not properly foreshadowing things or developing the characters, and leaving it as a twist just to fuck with people.

IndioCarioca likes this.
  9. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    In reality I really do find threesome+ disgusting in both genders and more towards females being gangbanged. But in hentai... that's a different story. Especially since society and my upbringing taught me to be monogamous.

10. Ananya

Reading List:
    Link
    In recent times, I was able to enjoy only a single story without being emotionally attached, want to know which is that story?.........................INVISIBLE DRAGON!!!

11. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember when I first read a manga about netore... I was never the same since then...~

Dragon God likes this.
  12. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay imagine we are gods who are given a T.V. and are told you can not change anything that goes on and the characters have no idea you are watching them. I don't know what I was leading to but that is a big reason why. Don't get me wrong though I do greatly enjoy cute things. I'm no monster. Perhaps I just enjoys webnovels (not webnovels I meant the manwha comics whatever their called) the same reason I enjoy movies they look pretty.

13. Goatse

Goatse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what you think. You haven't seen the truth yet, thank god. Ignorance is bliss.

Dragon God and IndioCarioca like this.
  14. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like the party/offender that cheats, be it male of female. unless of course they deserve it.
    But seriously tho, having a long relationship ended because the other party cheated is devastating. A close mate of mine, a dude, got cheated on and he was driven to major depression. me and my other mates, had to visit him almost everyday just to make sure that he's not doing anything stupid. Here's the kicker, he actually had bought an engagement ring.
    And you know what's the bitch excuse is, its because my friend weren't there when she 'needs' him most. What the fuck can he do when he's studying 12 hours away by plane. Not like they're new to long distance. Been almost 3 year long distance before she decides to cheat on him. Gg.

Dragon God and jossy48 like this.
  15. Ananya

Reading List:
    Link
    All the ppl from LGBT community.........I mean no disrespect. But a Gay guy can also do three, he can plunge into one, take two in the orifices.

Dragon God, Someguy666 and Scarecrow like this.
  16. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    No you aren't.

I am not against polygamy, but I am totally disgusted with Cheating.
    any form of it.

But there are some reasons to why you feel more disgusted when its The Male MC getting cheated on, than when he is doing the cheating.

Well I am assuming you are a male... sorry if that isn't the case...

now proceeding with the reason.

1 - its because the character have the same sex as you.
    No its not because you are sexist. but its a natural and unconscious reaction, as the Human race is a social race, out minds always try to search for similarities between us and what is around us, and Gender can be one similarity.

This means that your mind will make you have a stronger affinity with a character of the same gender, and it will be easier for you to put yourself in its place than with a female character, which means you can feel more its emotions of being cheated on.
    (that is if you are also male, in some case if you share characteristics with the character (like way of thinking) you can have a deeper affinity even if the genders aren't the same)

2 - It is because as you said its the "MC"
    it means the story follows mostly his POV, and as such, it shows his emotions more, and it influences your view.
    Example: MC cheat - the MC is enjoying, so the disgust lessen since the focus of the story is how he felt good.

Example 2: The MC is cheated on - The MC is suffering, so the disgust grow since the focus of the story is how he felt bad.

In the case, the MC was the female and was betrayed the effect would be the same, you would probably have almost as much disgust as you felt when the Male MC got betrayed.

postbank likes this.
  17. Lesbian Unicorn

Lesbian Unicorn [Deamon Prince] [Absolute Xenophobe]

Reading List:
    Link
    Cheating and cuckolding are diffrent.
    A man is a cuckold when he gets pleasure from knowing his wife is getting fucked by others.

If cheating does happen well...
    You leave her.
    She betrayed your trust, and while mistakes happen these are not simple ones.

You will feel shitty for the first couple of days.
    After 1 or 2 weeks you won't care that much.
    Some months later you probably would forget that she even existed.

IndioCarioca likes this.
  18. PKitty

PKitty 『Ash's Master』

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because you can relate. Same gender = able to put yourself in the same shoes/scenario. Thus you will feel it more strongly if the guy gets cheated on.

19. Ananya

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes Boss, I'm a man!

20. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    *tilt head*
    Boss~?

well that is what I think its happening with you~