Discussion How many of you buy your novels?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by swordman009, Mar 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedorkishguy

thedorkishguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure about Shinka no Mi. All the chinese novels on your favourites list, aren't published.
    nor are the japanese light novels published in english so you won't be able to get them in english... You can read a translated version on Baka-Tsuki though.

I'll check out Kino for the japanese version. You should be able to order them online too! I live in Australia so it's all the same

2. Kiwionwheels

Kiwionwheels Beloved daughter of Arcturus, Cat humanoid

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, though I don't want them in English. I like reading in different languages. It makes me process a storyline more and capture hidden things that are simplied by English. And deffo I'll pm you, as this sounds like an interesting convo

3. MillenniumMoon

MillenniumMoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, I'm already an adult. It's just that living in a third world country makes me as a local to think twice about having a bank account since there are a lot of scams these days. My mother actually has her money robbed in her account, so I'm pretty much not interested in having one.

4. Nykooo

Nykooo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My ex step-brother used to have a novel, manga, anime, etc. store near where I live. He was force to close door because business was not good enought. Since then, I have not find a retailer near me. Sadly somehow it's not only a problem with novels uniquely but with the whole entertainement industrie as I see it. Less and less people by books, musics or film at retailers. It more and more on the internet and I believe that people are not feeling proximity and responsability toward the artists when they get stuff online. Well I can't really say I have moral highgrounds. Before I discovered novelupdates, I got my lights novels on a site that basically stole them from the translators without offering them anything. I know most translators probably don't have the right to translate and make money with it but it still better to thank them for hard work that often would not be availible in the prefered language. I mean, I have not found a satisfying site for novel in my first language, I have to do with english translation.

5. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it hard to believe because you can sue for that matter, you can also use bank that belongs to your government. You are going to have many problems without a bank account.

6. Nykooo

Nykooo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard to believe for you because you have preconception about laws being serious. In certains countries of the world the citizens are not really protected. Just think about the story in Korean novels about women or children being sold to pay back debt. If you are from a first world country and you are used to live under decent human laws, naturally it's hard to conceive you can go elsewhere where you would be totally lost and abused.

I mean just think about the fact some women are imprisonned for declaring being rape to the police. The reaction being it's not a rape, it's her having sexual relationship outside of marriage. My friend son was kept under guard in a police station in China because he was involve in a traffic accident. Technically he wasn't at fault but some people tried to get money out of him even thought the guilty party was the old lady involve according to the law of the land. We forget very easily that some battle were fought long ago for citizens to be protected in first world countries.

7. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    *raises hand*
    I buy my raws and donate to the author as well. :)

8. YourBroInLaw

YourBroInLaw Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to buy so many novels!!!
    But... I don't have the money to spend on novels.
    I mean, my parents might give me money to buy an iPhone but not novels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.