Request How To Not Be Totally Freaked Out

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Prolux, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Prolux

Prolux [Specifically Lazy] [Weirdly Motivated]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, so. I would like some assistance in how to not totally freak out after just hearing that the eye of Hurricane Irma is going directly over where i live. My dad is contimplating whether or not to send us far away while he stays withe animals. I don't want to abandon my animals nor my dad. And my grandma lives near us as well.

Man i am totally starting to flip. I really don't know what to do. As we're speaking my dad is boarding up the windows with plywood. Man, i just don't know what to say. Please, just help me. And another thing is that my brother, older than me, but not the oldest. Is leaving with his wife, influencing my dad a bit. My older bro doesn't know what he's doing. But man is this scary.
    #BadMEME
    deadpool-has-two-end-credits-scenes-heres-what-they-mean-for-the-sequel.jpg

2. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
    your dad is a true hero

Aizelf likes this.
  3. KyleXreX

KyleXreX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish you and whoever stays behind (and all the animals) the best of luck :( I hope nothing bad happends to any of you

mir likes this.
  4. TH3unknown

TH3unknown Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's coming right over me to

But depending on where you are in the state it shouldn't be as bad as you think

5. Aizelf

Aizelf 『....』

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would you not freak out when a hurricane is coming :/ ?

P.S. And I wish this passes over quickly amd you and your family tides over this.

mir likes this.
  6. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you live on or near the coast? If you are try moving away from there first and look for a higher ground shelter.

7. Prolux

Reading List:
    Link
    Live right in the middle of Seminole, Florida. Directly in the middle of the eye.

8. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries, from what I heard the weather directly in the Eye should be pretty calm (if you survive till the time you are in it, oh and there is also the way from the eye.........)

Well, on the serious note, I do not really know how to help you as in my country we do not have those problems. Hopefully, everything is gonna be alright. Btw. just from hearing about the hurricane, I would do the same as your father and send my family as far away as possible.

9. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    either you start to help your dad or evacuated to safe place! there's no time to freaking out! go help your daddy or ask your grandma whether she need a help...

and prepare yourself for flood! stockpiled lot of food!!

Tramsloof likes this.
  10. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never experienced a hurricane so I've no idea~ good luck getting through it safely

11. BabaNovac

BabaNovac FUYUKAI DESU Seraglio e youkoso SchrodingerPanties

Reading List:
    Link
    There are two ways in which I would react to that situation :
    1.Build an Ark and bring all my animals inside
    2.I would save batteries and novels epubs so I can read them while all hell breaks loose around me while I don't give a f*ck about it.
    But anyway you should seriously evacuate your life it's more precious than anything else. Houses can be rebuild, you can raise new animals but you can't resurrect yourself. I hope you survive this!

12. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you been advised to evacuate ? If so, it's better to leave.

P.S. I pray you, your family and the animals make it through safe and sound.

13. Prolux

Reading List:
    Link
    Zone D. Not in a surge zone or anything. Haven't been told to evacuate. Still pretty damn freaked though.

mir likes this.
  14. Sena

Sena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on the current projections, Pensacola shouldn't have anything to worry about. By the time it reaches you, it will probably be on the level of a bad thunderstorm at the worst. A lot of rain, but flooding probably won't be a huge concern.

Probably the worst thing you'll have to worry about is potentially being without electricity for a few days. Make sure you have plenty of batteries, candles or battery-powered lights, some form of entertainment, and probably some battery-powered fans so it doesn't get too hot. Having a few jugs of clean water on hand is a good idea, and plenty of food that doesn't need electricity to prepare (a non-electric grill or stove would be nice to have, a tiny charcoal grill is pretty cheap if you don't have anything).

I lived in Florida most of my life, right on the coast, so I've been through quite a few hurricanes. The vast majority of the time, the biggest concern is how annoying it is being without power, rather than any actual risk. So don't worry too much, just be ready to be hot, sweaty, and bored for a few days.

zeus likes this.
  15. Prolux

Reading List:
    Link
    Pinellas not Pensacola

16. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    Run and bring your dads too, just researching the irma casualties in cuba and it's damn hell disaster run for your life.

17. Sena

Sena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I could have sworn I read Pensacola in your post before. Not sure how I did that, I wasn't nearly tired enough to mix up Seminole and Pensacola.

18. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Wobbly

Wobbly [Unstabbable][He Who Courts Death][Whimsical]

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish you the best of luck. I live in NY so Irma is going to turn and head here, but it sounds like you're getting the brunt of it. I don't know you or your family, but if you're going to stay at home you better follow standard safety procedures and then some.