How's a novel with endless fighting?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Deleted member 41274, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So, there is dragonball. The MC just wanted to fight stronger people, which is great. He is a very competitive person and wins many tournaments. Now in dragonball super he will fight the strongest people in the entire universe, with the premise to save the world or his own world, because those who lose, lose their home. What a world.

I think that if there were more narration like when he was a child, it is more interesting and enjoyable

So, the people keep screaming aaaahhh, comparing dcks or power and getting blue silver yellow golden hair. So weird

Hmm but how would a story about war be. There is endless fighting too, like when in xian ni the ice nation invades. That was top narration

So I think endless fighting can be both cringy and very awe-inspiring

2. Cite

Cite 『Procrastinator』

Reading List:
    Link
    Just look at the almighty invisible dragon, without any AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!'s he's quite strong. The endless fights are too awe-inspiring.

Blitz and Deleted member 41274 like this.
  3. abdera7man

abdera7man Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An endless fighting can be boring when it's repetitive, it limite the story , I want to see a real character development, people who use their brain to fight , not just their muscles....,

4. postbank

postbank Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragonball super is kinda popular duo to its humor.
    Many people like the weird ass shizzle where 3 weird ass woman shoot heart shaped kamehamehas at each other while spouting bullshit.
    Its a famous trade mark of even the earlier episodes of Dragonball when he was a kid the problem is that it has been waterd down to such a degree that its just sad to watch.

Many people will praise Dragonball Super because they like it not because its good you do not need to get true these people as its rather impossible and even if you manage to pop their bubble -.- then u will have a crying mess of a human being to deal with.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  5. Vexram

Vexram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sooo you're going to compare a manga to a WN with hundreds of chapters... ok. i'd explain what's wrong with that but i just don't fell like it.

unless you're comparing it to the anime, then it's even worse.

6. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    ever heard of cn novels desu ka?

or maybe jojo bizarre desu ka?

7. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice at first but quickly gets stale like most CN novels over 1k chapters

8. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Can compare issth to xian ni too, there is a difference in stories, all in all in the end it's a story even if u have to compare 100 episodes to 1 single novel chapter. It's exagerated but yeahyeaaaaa

9. postbank

postbank Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One piece is basically the same was liked because of its vibe where u got a shounen like/comedy.
    But then it got repetitive and suddenly the comedy you liked so much becomes a trauma.

10. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm was Enil the thundergod who looked like eminem the most epic arc?

ZhaWarudo likes this.
  11. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon ball is something to watch as a kid/teen and later with nostalgia, it's also a classic so the things they did first in the anime are somewhat washed out now so if you already seen a lot of anime and only then watched db you may be full of bs and say how bad,boring,unoriginal it is, this is where you deserve a good healthy slapping.
    Recently I've read Star Force which I expected to be a space opera and it kinda is, except it is actually military sci fi. Trust me you don't want to read that genre, it has more fighting than a xianxia, there can be 40 pages of constant combat be it mechs, commandos, underwater or training. Even space battles which are awesome, get boring if you read them for more than like 5 pages. There needs to be a period of rest between combats and in this novel and I suppose all military sci fi's is not nearly enough, I need dem politics and drama. Dragon ball can't be said to be endless fighting, it has quite a story and decent breaks between fighting, as it goes one fights get longer but only in anime,not in manga. Dragon ball Super is just milking the old cow and is not considered true dragon ball, it's not even in the manga and I and other fans know more about real dragon ball then Akira Toriyama himself, dude keeps forgeting what he wrote and then for money makes something new which is not in character of his old and gold work.

12. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I found it weird how in GT gotenks was an adult but in super he is a kid again lol

ZhaWarudo likes this.
  13. DesuDiem

DesuDiem Surviving College

Reading List:
    Link
    If it done well.
    If not you have peerless martial god and martial god asura.

14. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    Fishman island was it for me, so lame, and then anime got so fillerish it's intorelable, it takes what 5min to start the episode and then it's even more prolonged than late season dbz? Dressrora arc and afterwards is so bad, seperate the characters, then have them fight in pairs or one on one vs random funky enemies so you have 10 simultanius filer filled fights, then do a recap every episode and some regroupings.

postbank likes this.
  15. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    GT is still alright, but the drop in quality is obvious. Check this out, Akira said he stopped making dragon ball z because his family and social life suffered for his absence, and the point of dragon ball was fighting and humour, he didn't want them to be uber OP so he ended it with Majin Buu. 10 year later he makes them even more OP, adds some lame humour and ruins the characters, way to go Toriyama, enjoy your money.

16. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow gotta make a living and the fans wanted more

17. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    Bleach is the best and most popular example, up to Aizen's capture : awesome. Afterwards, some random OP guys come out of their holes and destroy everything,war and repeat for what 3 times?

18. Vex

Vex Eat-Sleep-Repeat

Reading List:
    Link
    But you are reading it...

19. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    He should look up to Iron Maiden, check out those old dudes, I don't think they ever made album just for money, everything they do has quality and they probably don't want to be remebered as sell-outs.

20. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Nel definetly needed some more screen time. I stopped watching when she didn't get anymore lolol

noisypixy and ZhaWarudo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.