Hypothetical question on languages

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by saffu, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Fairy-chan

Fairy-chan 『Appreciates Cuteness』

Reading List:
    Link
    That is an interesting question, but I believe the most optimal answer would be no.

Most people that browse these forums are people that are either native English speakers or learned English out of necessity I believe, native speakers would have problems on their daily lives by the loss of English, while those that learned due to considering it necessary, would be losing the time and effort spent on something they need... Seems quite illogical to choose to learn another 3 languages instantly if you lose access to one that is necessary for you.

If I had to choose between my native language or 3 others however, I could actually consider it, I would need to move to another country beforehand of course, but it could be done, and would definitely be helpful for me, so it would be a tempting offer, but not with English, as English is quite necessary to me.

Dragon God likes this.
  2. Saol

Saol [The Six Sect★Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course I'll jump on this opportunity... I mean come on! Fictional language? Duh!

1. Universal language (the type where no matter who you are and what you know both sides will be understood- of course in written and spoken forms, duh!)
    You speak/write in English? I understand you!
    You speak/write in Latin? "Oh, how are you to?" *Latin
    You speak/write alien? Cool so do you pop?
    2. Power language/words (language that by speaking you can effect t world)
    Kneel!
    Domain!
    Time!
    3. Rune words or something familiar
    Enchanted gun/wall/house/ring/formation/etc.etc. someone?

Dragon God, vlue and Fairy-chan like this.
  3. Fairy-chan

Reading List:
    Link
    That is one way of doing it for sure, it seems most people, me included, forgot about what kinds of benefits could come from dealing with fictional languages, by looking at it from your perspective, I would definitely accept the deal as well.

Dragon God and Saol like this.
  4. Saol

Saol [The Six Sect★Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    :cool:
    Forgot to add something to
    'I know math'
    'physics? astrophysics? Dude I speak cosmowholebigbanguniversephysics' (you get the gist)
    (y):sneaky::whistle:

Fairy-chan likes this.
  5. Fairy-chan

Reading List:
    Link
    That is quite an specific, but very useful language for sure, a language that basically has the knowledge of physics in itself... I do wonder how would one like that be crafted... Regardless, the amount of usefulness in it should be close to limitless.

Your ideas of fictional languages are truly quite entertaining.

Saol likes this.
  6. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link
    If you were promoted to be the 12-wings fairy, will English still be necessary? ;)

Language is still necessary because we have no other effective mean to communicate ourselves with other human.
    If you could communicate with 2-way telepath, would you still need talking? :p

7. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't hear you, too busy making my super AI that translates everything into Dutch or Chinese.

8. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    skyrim dragon language is powerful that a battle bettle between dragons is technically a debate.

9. Fairy-chan

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not know what is special about a 12-wings fairy however, so I do not understand how that would help me with the lack of the English language.

10. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll be the second highest almighty of all being in the multiverse.

Do you still need to communicate with those lowly life form of the small planet of the small star in the tiny galaxy of that insignificant universe? Communicating with their local language?

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm sanskrit not the current one but thing on indus valley, there seem many different between old and current one despite it still follow similar rule well it's better if I can insta learn both if it fall to sanskrit category~
    china all the way from early civilization till current era
    I have interest toward both civilization ~ if I can have both language with my criteria I more than glad to throw everything I have now to became archeologist, discovery buried knowledge is more interesting for me~

for english~ IMO if only it not used for common international language I will not bother to learn it~ really 12 tense system with another rule like exception and the likes~
    my country mother language is already painful enough~

12. Fairy-chan

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, it seems you are referencing something that I have no knowledge of, so I cannot comprehend the topic at hand.

Would you care to enlighten me on it? At the moment I do not really know what the matter we're talking about is.

13. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Reading List:
    Link
    If you were born as ant of the nest near the north eart stream 's bank.
    For 30 days and nights, you grew up and learning the ant language of your nest until fluent.

Then, when someone from other nest offered you three languages of other nests of the forest, you suddenly realized that you were human of the megalopolis of the 21500 AD world . You had did something bad, so was punished by laws to be born as ant for 90 days. After that, you'll reincarnate back to be the human again. Are you still interested in learning the ant language?

14. Fairy-chan

Reading List:
    Link
    It is an interesting question, and one that I find hard to see an optimal answer to.

I personally would since I could make use of this knowledge I would probably never have access to again, there should be demerits with increasing what I already know until the punishment is over.

I am curious as to what is the relation between this and the subject at hand however.

15. Dragon God

Dragon God {King of Peasants} {Tanya's Husbando}

Reading List:
    Link
    The ant language is English. Compared to the mentioned fictional language(s), it's as insignificant as an ant language to the humans of A.D 21500.

Saol likes this.
  16. Fairy-chan

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, that explanation makes plenty of sense.

It seems I'm not that good with understanding analogies, I'll see if I can practice to get better on this.

Dragon God likes this.