Discussion I am desperately searching for something fun... help

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Scandalf, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Scandalf

Scandalf ~Blood Raven~

Reading List:
    Link
    So just like I said in the title, I am soooo bored I wanna go get hit by a car just so I can sleep for a few years in a hospital as heavily injured then wake up so I can see how things changed and will have a lot of things to do. But I clearly can't have that happening to me because of obvious reasons, so I came to y'all with this thread.

Please give me something to do. Something fun and preferably something that won't get boring for at least a few weeks. But I don't want novel recommendations since I've read pretty much all the novels that interest me and I don't want game recommendations as well. I tried everything fun I personally know of, like watching good movies, dramas from west and east, funny TV shows(I think they are called variety shows?) from east and west as well, I've quite a bit of channels I follow on youtube too. And now after a long time of doing all these I have absolutely nothing to do, and it will probably take me a month or two to find something new to spend my time on which sucks because I don't wanna pluck all my hair out of boredom during that time. And in case some of you think something along the lines of, "Why the hell are you so free, go to school or work you piece of shit" well I am studying at university and just having 3-4 hours of lessons a day simply doesn't help me spend some time at all...

So yeah, what is it you guys do, aside from reading novels when you are bored. It can be anything by the way.Except for things like sports or studying. [you can pm me your answer/suggestion if its something like a guilty pleasure btw ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ]

AMissingLinguist, Lawlyeth and VOLX98 like this.
  2. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    you say not to it but a sport could fill in that gap. and if you're studying at a uni they have a Gym. which would be quite cheap.
    of course there's the option of getting blackout drunk every night. but that's more expensive

3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Do whatever Filthyfrank does.

4. Yog-Sothoth

Yog-Sothoth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Get a super time consuming hobby.
    Once, when I had a similar problem, I made a chainmail. Never again.

Helium, mir, AMissingLinguist and 4 others like this.
  5. Opjohnaexe

Opjohnaexe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Get a hobby, something simple, and really time consuming, but rewarding.
    Something like carving wood figures or something.

6. Littleton94

Littleton94 Lord of the Shadow trolls*shadow stalker*F5 sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you tried orginal novels? I've started to read them instead of alot of translation and found alot of great new authors

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  7. Opjohnaexe

Reading List:
    Link
    Due to forming each of the rings, and interlinking them?

8. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    I post shitty memes in reply to forum posts

like this
    6ba.png

9. bchen3

bchen3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do archery.

10. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Anime/Manga/Drama

11. UncleLiu

UncleLiu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Play Overwatch... begin cutting your own hair, study people, take down a bike and put it together again, learn how to be a web designer, begin learning wood work, take dancing lessons, go to church, find a bible study or young adult youth groups, start a garden, look for community service, find a hubby or wifey, redecorate house or room, question things

12. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    whenever I dont know how to rocrastinate,I wath stand up comedy on youtube if it is day time.

13. RandomDot

RandomDot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do small amounts of martial arts or just burn stuff in my room because of human curiosity.

Helium and VOLX98 like this.
  14. Voromir

Voromir Chaotic Evil Kobold Fig 4/Rog 16/Sorc 6 (DND 3.5)

Reading List:
    Link
    Time to play table top rugs like dungeons and dragons, shadowrun, or mech warriors, and rarely call of cuthulu

15. Opjohnaexe

Reading List:
    Link
    Get into buddhism, philosophy, game design, learn economics, take cooking classes, take baking classes, clean your room... the possibilities are nigh endless.

16. AkGold

AkGold Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Become the Scandalf version of Gordon Ramsay. Cursing and Cooking included

17. Scandalf

Scandalf ~Blood Raven~

Reading List:
    Link
    lol no offense but I don't understand which part of the "no novels, sports or games part" do people don't understand. Most of the comments are about them to be honest and its not helping at all. There must be a reason why I excluded those things right, so please don't suggest things I said I don't want you to suggest. I mean you can obviously discuss about them or something but if you are just gonna say "just do sports, why not" then its better that you don't.
    but wood carving? never even thought about it. is it easy to get in to? Because I am pretty bad with carving/giving shape to something.
    but that is not something anyone can do though. there is archery at where I live but its like expensive and its a bit too big of a hobby, right. I mean things like basketball,table tennis,tennis are easy to begin and have fun but archery is a bit too serious I think. At least until you get good enough at it to have fun

18. EroticEarwig

EroticEarwig Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do copious amounts of...misc substances...and then do yoga!

19. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know you said no games but

playing a multiplayer game with your family, if you have enough controllers, is hella fun

provided none of them box as a hobby though.

I dusted off some old split screeners and played with family this week... a lot of feelings were hurt. and sore losers were never more annoying.

20. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Pooping is always fun.

Going out and meeting people is always fun.

Mountain climbing or even just bouldering is fun.

Jogging at the park and making small talk with other joggers, such as single girls are always fun.

Sunbathing naked is always fun.

Helping an old lady with her grocery is always fun.

Getting a part time job can be fun if you take one you like.

Rowing a boat on a lake or river is always exhilarating. Bring a camera with you.

Sky diving or hang gliding is always an adrenaline rush.

Backpacking around the world is always enjoyable. Doesn't matter if you can't speak a lick of their language.

Walking instead of driving is actually very fun. Of course, don't just walk, look around you. Bring a camera.

Camping in the woods. Making your own fire, cooking your own food over the fire, lying down on a pile of leaves, looking up at the clear night sky is always amazing.

Starting the day by waking up early and saying good morning to your mom and dad is always a great way to start your day.

If all else fails, make a youtube channel where you post videos of yourself eating lots of crazy and disgusting shit. People love those things. Or you can troll the flattards videos with your own videos.