I can't believe I forgot.

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Love4NovelGuy, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Love4NovelGuy

Love4NovelGuy [Veteran Writer] [Reaper]

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're wondering what I forgot. It basically boils down to the 'middle' part of the story I was writing named Battlefield Restart. I remember the journey I was about to write but forgot how I was going portray some of the characters, which left me a little confused on how to continue.

If you're wondering why I forgot something as important as this then my only answer is that I binge read Martial World and Desolate Era all up to their current chapters.

Since most people who are reading this haven't read my story, I'll shorten it so everyone can understand.

The MC is a reincarnated retired soldier who's OP in close combat but sucks at long range attacks. He's a butler for an even more OP Noble girl who both not a reincarnated individual nor Tsundere. She's very outspoken and straightforward, similar to the MC who never even consideres hiding his abilities.

The first Arc was supposed to be about how they fight against an evil terrorist organisation of Magicians that kidnap them and try to brainwash them into becoming one of their members. The organisation is called Serpents Eye and it kinda like a cult that hates the Gods that created the Human and Beast Race.

The power system goes like this:

Everyone knows this Aura Manifestation technique and uses skills that overlay on top of it. The paths of progressing their own skills relies on either adding more controlled Mana to their skills or increasing the quality of them.

The first level of the technique augments the flesh and allows the user to gain more Mana Resistance.

The second level allows the user to manifest their Aura's outside their body into Magical Spells or allows them to conjure more complex skills.

The ones that focus on the first level are called Warriors whilst the ones that increase the level of the second ones are called Magicians. Both classes have levels that go from one to five and considerably strong

The third level of Aura Manifestation is called Skill Root and it allows the user to create a foundation for their future unique abilities. Ones talent usually decides if they are able to reach this level or not, but some (like the MC) are exceptions that are able to reach this level by increasing the quality of their techniques.

Once reaching this level and becoming a Combatant, ones talent at birth doesn't really matter, all that matters is the ability gained from it since those with Skill Roots are unable to master the first and second levels of Aura Manifestation.

The MC himself is special because he has five Skill Roots instead of one. However, he's still not as overpowered as you'd expect.

I really admire any patient person who was even able to read through all of that, but either way, there are two more levels of Aura Manifestation that is going to be expanded upon in the later Arcs.

If anyone has any suggestions on how they would want the direction the story should take, feel free to comment whatever you feel. I won't be dropping this anytime soon.

2. 123123ze

123123ze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You dont forget how to write a story and if you do 'forget' continue and weave the story to how you like it gl

12300 likes this.
  3. HacHiK02

HacHiK02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This reminds me of the demon arc on gun ota.

Love4NovelGuy likes this.
  4. Wise old fisher

Wise old fisher [I am not a potato] [Chorus heresy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I never dislike it when MC is op as heck from the start without that plot shield keep it up (y)

5. GembelELITE

GembelELITE low-profile member

Reading List:
    Link
    When i read a combat butler i was remember someone, hayate is that you?

majestikat and Love4NovelGuy like this.
  6. 12300

12300 [How many sheep can Snorlax count?]

Reading List:
    Link
    You can just title side story to write what you want and say from what chapter it is supposed to be from. Maybe say something like "you need to read this to understand the story later on".

7. inquizivor

inquizivor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Link to current version pls.

8. Voromir

Voromir Chaotic Evil Kobold Fig 4/Rog 16/Sorc 6 (DND 3.5)

Reading List:
    Link
    keep character profile notes in the future :)

Love4NovelGuy likes this.
  9. Love4NovelGuy

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, he will lose sometimes, because it's not like he can take on more than four guys at once. And yes, four guys are his limit if they are on the same level as him, this is excluding if they are Combatants.

10. Love4NovelGuy

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Love4NovelGuy

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess he's more darker and serious than Hayate. Now that I think about it, that beginning was quite smart, especially how they portrayed his inability to understand right from wrong as he was thinking of kidnapping for money.

12. Love4NovelGuy

Reading List:
    Link
    But with less guns, since I'm going to make a separate book for that after this. There's only going to be an ability near the end that is reminiscent of Guns.

13. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats yeetle the teetle

Reading List:
    Link
    A big no-no for me is making him follow everything the girl says. He should disobey her orders from time to time, even if it makes her mad.

14. Love4NovelGuy

Reading List:
    Link
    They have extremely contrasting personalities so getting them to work together is really hard. Especially since one of them is an optimist whilst the other one is a pessimist that seems to only be able to see the world in a greyish perspective.

15. GembelELITE

GembelELITE low-profile member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sound interesting, I will try read it

16. ultragunner

ultragunner Self-taught Mage

Reading List:
    Link
    Kill him with kindness. Have him fight against someone like hate who is a downtrodden guy who's dream he is crushing but has to because of reasons. So build up a hate character then have MC betray him since MCs never really betray people in stories

17. Love4NovelGuy

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Love4NovelGuy

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I'll do that in the future since the betrayal of a ten year old won't really affect anyone.