Question I need some help! Seriously...

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by FatSoTranslations, Apr 17, 2017.

1. FatSoTranslations

FatSoTranslations Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "So here's what I'm having a problem with
    『意識も分かれてるのに能力は共有ってか? あ、じゃあ雄二さ、気持ちしたいって程度におしっこしたくなれって念じてみてくれよ』​
    I already translated to the part where the question mark stops with a "Despite our consciousness being divided, our abilities are shared?" then here comes the weird part the second part of the sentence which seems to be talking about how their feelings I dunno, it's weird please help! This is how it was translated in one of the machine translation "Then Yuji would like to urinate to the degree which would like to do feeling, please wish for accustoming."

Does it really read like that or... umm... hmm... it's just weird please help!

Edit: Oh, by the way, I'm sure you already know but this is spoken by another Yuuji (Presumably, Eiji or Biji)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, then Yuuji, try imagining you need to pee so bad you'll piss yourself!

edit: it may also be a mellower then try imagining you need to pee. The author didn't bother make this sentence intelligible, so look to following paragraphs for context

second edit: it could also be he's telling Yuuji to imagine speaker needs to pee so bad one of them needs to pee, but again, it's unclear so look for context in the follow-up. If there isn't any, it's a gag and pick a version based on which is most realistic and in line with the speaker's behavior

third edit: There's a fourth possibility, which is the speaker tells Yuuji to imagine speaker has to pee to the point speaker needs to pee, but aside from making illogical assumptions about Yuuji understanding the speaker's thoughts, this version will not sound good in English no matter how you phrase it, will not make sense, and is a less natural assumption than other interpretations. While a possibility, this one is extremely shitty

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Clown333 likes this.
  3. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha! This is the one where he got transported to 2 other worlds at the same time splitting his soul in 3 pieces with POV being the one that stayed on earth xD
    (Reading raws, at chapter 26 atm)

4. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, then Yuji, try thinking as though to feel that you'd want to go pee just a bit.
    Something like that?
    It's a problem because it is a bit broken in direct translation.
    A (Ah), jā (then) Yūji-sa (Yuuji (loses sa in translation), kimochi shitai tte teido ni (enough to feel) oshikko shitaku nare (to want to pee) tte nenjite mite kure yo. (try thiking it/imagining it/feeling it)

Clown333 likes this.
  5. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he is telling to his other self to urinate for test?

Clown333 likes this.
  6. Clown333

Clown333 「Altiora Petamus Volente Deo Lucete Stellae」

Reading List:
    Link
    True...

7. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    I already gave my opinion, but since I see some replies that just come off as BS (or MTLs) to me, I'll elaborate the logic...
    あ、- this depicts te speaker having an idea, like how I might exclaim "oh" when an idea strikes me
    じゃあ - then
    雄二さ、- name and the sa is along the lines of a hey; it's meant to get Yuuji's attention
    気持ちしたいって程度に - until the point you actually want to do it (it is not specified in this phrase, but the next bit contextualizes it as peeing) (it's also not specified who will end up feeling like they actually have to go; my guess is Yuuji, but context is best)
    おしっこしたくなれ - the important bit is the re at the end. That marks this as imperative; speaker is telling Yuuji to think you will need to pee, but it's not clear whether the you is Yuuji himself (self-hypnosis) or the speaker
    って念じてみてくれよ - imagine

And altogether, it gives me: Oh, then Yuuji, try imagining you need to pee so bad you'll piss yourself!

Whatever you do, please don't go with the MTLs. They're gibberish.

Clown333 likes this.
  8. Clown333

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if our consciousness is split, our abilities are intacly retained? Well, then Yuuji, would you for safety reason try to piss as if you really would wouldn't you?

9. Clown333

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk but, it's just my grammar in English... Sorry

10. MaidChan

MaidChan 『Battlemaid』 『TRAP』 『Homeless Maid』

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel title plssss!!!

11. Vrinshael

Vrinshael 【Chaotic】【Fetishist】

Reading List:
    Link
  12. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    My answer is based off that Yuuji is the MC and it's MC who is speaking. At least it's what i understood from this sentence.
    MC is looking for an way to take advantage of his splited consciousness => he supposes that maybe their ability is shared => he have an idea => he want to test the idea => he is telling to his other self to pee as an test.

13. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    BULLSHIT!
    Nowhere does it state "so bad you'll piss yourself!"
    kimochi shitai -- Want to feel!
    tte teido -- limit -ish (go translate it yourself accurately)
    As in just enough that you'd notice!

14. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    You split the sentence into phrases incorrectly. Kimochi is by itself, and you can figure out the rest yourself. I'm not going to explain the sentence a fourth time.

15. Milanin

Reading List:
    Link
    Either you're blind as a bat, or you're the outer sect's future maybe candidate if someone dies and there are at least 0 other disciples left, let alone a "Dao Lord". your "Kimochi is by itself" is the biggest shyte I've ever heard.
    Don't mess with people and be useful for once.
    If I'd know who was free to debate over it with you I'd pull them in. All I can say is, don't spill dung over the place, when you can't even do 1+1.
    Edit:
    半殺しって程度 -- How would you translate that, eh? If you get it wrong. 半殺しって程度で止まることはないと思え

16. shijiemori

shijiemori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHA the MTL is too funny!

17. FatSoTranslations

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are you guys fighting I was just asking for your own interpretations! hahahaha! By the way you guys' conversation were hilarious!

18. FatSoTranslations

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are you guys fighting I was just asking for your own interpretations! hahahaha! By the way you guys' conversation were hilarious!

19. FatSoTranslations

Reading List:
    Link
    I... I don't get it... Hahaha, god this is hard

20. FatSoTranslations

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking they were trying to know if, The Yuuji [On Earth] thinks so hard about peeing to a certain extent [The Other World] Yuuji's would be influenced by that and they would be forced to think the same thing... Probably, or maybe... It might be the fourth or third