LCD I Shall Seal the Heavens

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Mousa4, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    When I review these type's of novels, I usually look at the genre and type, so this one is a Xianxia, so I naturally compare it to other Xianxia's I won't be unfair and compare it to a novel like To be a virtuous wife (yes I like this novel a lot and like mention it don't judge plz <3). When I say same hoops, I'm talking about how our MC becomes the strongest in his area, and then he moves on and someone is way stronger then him.. and then he kills or beats him into submission.. and then it repeats again. That's what I'm hammering down on. Sure It's a staple, but theres many ways to go about it. It's also the way they start their novels, I've found at least 4-5 different ways to start a novel in XianXia, which is..
    1. MC trains harder then most people his age due to reason X
    2. MC was genius, then became a waste and treated like trash, then finds X and becomes genius again.
    3. MC starts off trash then finds X and becomes peerless
    4. MC is normal, becomes cultivator, becomes strong. (This one's usually pretty good as the author has to dig deep on how they become strong..) (This ones ISSH)
    5. ... ? I can't remember now that I've listed em erp.

But yea, I don't really hate on the story, I hate on the intro and the general overall "plot" advancement tool (A.K.A Cultivation levels)

qwerty likes this.
  2. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is he really a normal cultivator though? His genealogy is still blurry. His mother did show up and she's more powerful than a person on the spirit severing stage.

qwerty likes this.
  3. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    That isn't clear. It was heavily implied not to be his mother.

As far as I am aware a Xianxia story is actually a Xianxia story precisely because it focuses on cultivation or practitioners in a fantasy setting. There aren't a ton of ways to do this, you either make the protagonist completely overpowered from the beginning and focus on characters and events, have the protagonist progressively get more powerful while increasing the strength of the antagonists, focus on something beside a single protagonist (ie, focus on the X they pick up and frequently kill your protagonists), or somehow manage to make a story about someone losing all their power interesting.

I would find that last one mildly entertaining actually. Imagine the almighty cultivator gets poisoned with a toxin that slowly eats away at his cultivation and he needs to go around the world and fix his relations with or kill everyone he has antagonized on his journey to power before losing the power to defend himself. Instead of a showing a journey where the world just keeps getting bigger show one where it just keeps getting smaller.

Also for number 5 I would suggest rebirth/transmigration/time travel but maybe that's what you mean with number one.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    qwerty likes this.
  4. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be a red herring with the discussion about the ressurection lily/reincarnation and all that during her appearance.

qwerty likes this.
  5. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    At the start of the story, it is described as meng hao being a normal human. What happens in the future really doesn't matter due to the fact that his current life style is that of a normal person.

The first one was me talking about someone like Linley from Coiling Dragon. And while yes XianXia is mostly about cultivation, I'm sure theres other ways to explain that the their is always someone stronger then you. Maybe something like.. Man meets women, and they cultivate together starting their own clan or sect and we watch how they go through thick and thin trying to make a powerful clan/family while improving their cultivation :O. Iunno. maybe theres a story like that thats not translated atm..

What we get is a man or women going out and cultivating alone then finding love(?) sometimes or joining a sect -> sect/clan betrays or dies out ->MC becomes a lone cultivator.

qwerty likes this.
  6. Jadiii

Jadiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the beginning I was getting a serious Xian Ni vibe from it, but that quickly branched out as the stories progressed. Xian Ni proceeding to the more ruthless side, this one being a tad more comedic. Actually liking the MC in ISSTH a good bit more.

qwerty likes this.
  7. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't want this to sound rude but it seems like what you want is more romance, better character development and less action and training in a Xianxia work. Which is a fair complaint because most of the Xianxia I have read have been horrible on that front (CD) or harems (MGA, PMG, etc). I just don't see how such a story would work. What would be the conflict that hindered the couple from building a large clan? If it required fighting how would that be any different than what we currently have and if it didn't why would you need cultivation in the story at all. I mean sure you could use a plot device but it would probably be completely interchangeable with something else. That's what brings me around to it seems like what you want is more romance and better character development and less action and training in a Xianxia work.

Besides in a way that falls into the third category of possibilities that I mentioned focus on something other than the protagonists, in this case it would be a fledging clan or sect.

qwerty likes this.
  8. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh no hurt feelings here. But that was just a example of something that could be used. not really looking for something like it. Xianxia is just a fantasy like Wuxia. AKA Supernatural wuxia. ~_~ -shrug- If you look at wuxia, its not really all about the action but about character development. We only see the action xianxia / wuxia due to the fact that its the only thing we see translated. :).

But yea I get your point~

qwerty and Nyanko like this.
  9. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean that the person starts the story with all their cultivation techniques, martial skills, and crafting skills, with this knowledge they use it to leap frog over problems that a normal cultivator my encounter. This person doesn't need to seek out knowledge on his path of enlightenment, because they can cultivate the prefect foundation and become peerless without the need of lifting a finger.

qwerty likes this.
  10. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be the one.

qwerty likes this.
  11. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I found the alternate start, its Wicked Soldier Kings. Setting and starting wise, its different from the normal Xianxia's novel starts.

qwerty likes this.
  12. BusyBee

BusyBee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DeathBlade wasn't kidding when he said this would be a good arc. Things are heating up already and for once it's not all about fighting. More philosophy!!!

qwerty likes this.
  13. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Meng Hao vs. Chen in a rap battle.. who will win?

It's obvious Fang Mu will win though.

qwerty likes this.
  14. BusyBee

BusyBee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is a good thing in this case! Chen is so arrogant. :mad: At least his friend knows when to give up.

qwerty likes this.
  15. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure one of the ingredients of the heavenly primordial pill is the meat jelly powder. I'm also sure that he will make a copy of the pill instead of saying the ingredients outloud since black sieve might identify the powder too.

qwerty likes this.
  16. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think its the meat jelly powder, since it hasn't been seen in a while. I think its another legendary plant or something of the like

qwerty likes this.
  17. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the black sieve's reason for getting the meat jelly in the first place was to produce longevity pills. The function of the heavenly primordial pill is to increase longevity.

Additionally, there is a thunder in the title. I'm assuming it's a tribulation thunder or the sort.

qwerty likes this.
  18. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it would be more along the lines of a guy making a pill like meng hao and the longetivity can be like phoenix or dragon bones or some shit. can't just be meat jelly.

qwerty likes this.
  19. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    let's make a bet, if it's the meat jelly powder, give me a like. If it's not, I'll give you a like.

qwerty likes this.
  20. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Done deal! I also want a hug.. can I get a hug?

qwerty likes this.