Other Request Illusions in xianxia.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Violetbird27, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Violetbird27

Violetbird27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

This is exactly what I'm looking for thank you!

2. Goldsaif

Goldsaif sect patriarch for the sect of primordial lurkers

Reading List:
    Link
    well it could like the whole universe is a big processing machine and all matter within it have necessary codes which enable them to exist

and illusions are the by products of men trying to create what does not exist and the reason people could be killed by illusions is because during the existence of the illusion it is basically fooling the universe by generating a fake code but because it is a fake code it can't stay for long because the universe notices it and begins to actively reject it and without an external source of energy to either resist against the universe or to camouflage illusions are expelled or destroyed

and the final stage is to give an illusion a permanent code thus enabling it to exist indefinitely without the need for an external source of energy to resisit the universe or camouflage

3. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In one of my favourite PnP-Systems, there are two kinds of illusions(different system, but should still apply):
    1. Illusion, that affect your senses (like 3-D hologramms with sound, smell and (maybe even taste)),
    - Examples would be a fake wall, an dangerous looking attack, or using it to make one's face & body look different
    2. Illusions, that affect your mind (as in especially targeting ONLY your mind)
    - Examples would be any mentioned above, but it would only affect a specified group of people.

Both ways have merits and flaws, and both can be seen through.
    Depending on how good you are at said illusion, an illusion you create has a certain "reality value".
    People affected by said illusion have to overcome said value to notice and overcome the illusions effect.
    If they know it's an illusion, they do NOT need to notice it, but they still need to overcome it (knowing a wall is fake and trying to run through it at full speed are two different things).

The 1st option is useful against larger groups, unknown opponents, or just because it's easier.
    The 2nd option is harder to use (especially if the target(s) are not easy affected), but more vesatile in it's uses, because not only can you influence your rival at court to do something incredibly stupid, but also temporarily make an enemy go bonkers, without affecting your allies.
    It's also easier to influence them to attack their teammate (whom you made out to be their enemy), if said teammates shouts go unnoticed by your target.

4. hirza

hirza Mochi Mochi Neko Pan

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember linley from warlord of magus world using dream magic to create illusion on the target dream. The target will dream about achieve everything that they want and then they died. In their dream, they feel like live for thousand of year (for immortal) but in reality it's only several minutes.

Violetbird27 likes this.
  5. Mortifer

Mortifer Harbinger of Death - One who transcends Life

Reading List:
    Link

I once read a novel (forgot the title) where illusion is a part of the light element in which they manipulate the light rays that the eye receives in order to create illusions.

Violetbird27 likes this.