LCD I'm Really A Superstar

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Littledragonlady, May 31, 2016.

1. arnnpolpark

arnnpolpark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All aboard the ZhangYuanqiZhangYe ship . We have cookies xD

2. Littledragonlady

Littledragonlady The last member of Ancient Tomb Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    In one sentences:

they exchanged numbers

3. justjetlagged

justjetlagged WEEZY F BABY

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to the "mass release"?

4. CrispyNoodle

CrispyNoodle 『Noodle Overlo*d』『Open Pervert』『Onii-chan』

Reading List:
    Link
    So spoiled lol.... the speed is already fast enough as is. The mass release were chapters that were ALREADY translated just stocked.

Dusk and justjetlagged like this.
  5. rootexplorer

rootexplorer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a random release...

...and prepare for another round of "face-slapping"! This time, it'll be done on-air.
    as of Chapter 55~

6. tehrealone

tehrealone 『Lurker』

Reading List:
    Link
    I am pumped

Will not read until I collect all the faceslapping chapters.

7. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get why he didn't submit a poem. He had time to do it either before or after going to the restroom. Is he just dead set on interrupting the live broadcast?

8. justjetlagged

justjetlagged WEEZY F BABY

Reading List:
    Link
    No they said they were gonna do a mass release on the weekend - plus I was saying it just to be cynical lmao

9. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't as massive as the initial but they did post more chapters than the usual 1 free and 1 sponsored

justjetlagged likes this.
  10. pocketbear

pocketbear !!!!!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I think because it was already all scheduled to be only the Writers Association or whatever they are, the Radio is just a venue, host, and audience.

11. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    I keep thinking that he should submit a poem under a fake name, then once it has won praise, reveal himself as the author.

12. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sick of those trolls and people not having their own opinions but listening to some experts.. that's not realistic, or is it so in Asian culture?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  13. Nume

Nume [Arcadia Blade Onee-chan][Shameless Paladin]

Reading List:
    Link
    As a writer who have actually suffered from this IRL, I can point out that this is accurate, at least for the brazilian RPG market. A veteran author or editor on the field can make your career or destroy it with the same easy as those on the novel, and suppresing newcomers that don't allign themselves with those veterans (like, sucking their balls on everething they publish). I remember when I published a review on my blog back in 2010 about a extremely bad book from a campaign setting and received all sorts of e-mails from those veterans saying to me to take out the review...

And honestly, I don't think is too much diferent in other areas, I know that the fantasy novel genre in Brazil has the same thing with veterans and 'factions' of writers that suck up to one another so they can share their fans and raise their sales.

14. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I know it's hard to break trough but Rowling did it right? If the story is good no one will believe that it is bad because of minority trashing it, the only problem is publicity. Thanks for sharing your experience but I was talking more about the mass trolls in chat. Each instance in anime, novels, manga or manhwa of internet chat is something I've never seen IRL. I can only conclude that it is over exaggerated or truly a different culture hard for us to understand.

15. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    And what happens when that minority controls or influence most of the publicity channels? ;)

Anyways, mass trolls is not that an unique of an event either. Just thing about the people who trolled the tags on the novel in this site, or did a DDoS against it a while back. Not to mention the 'anti fanboys', people who hate a author or work with a passion and will trash talk about it on every opportunity (like the anti-DC or anti-Marvel haters that exist around the web).

16. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    DDoS can take only one person to do, there are trolls but where is this troll army? I'm not into DC nor Marvel but them having thousands of haters doesn't matter, they're already famous so I liked a few Marvel movies and don't care what others have to say. Everything famous has haters, for something that is up and coming why would a bunch of people with no relation to it gather to trash it? If your publisher/someone in power blocks you that is because he has relation to you and does so out of envy, greed or hate for your personality. Now I may not have any experience of it but it sounds logical to start small and when you have some audience they will spread the word which is when you aim higher. Who can prevent you from advertising yourself on the net, facebook sharing, visiting bookstores.. Hope I didn't sound like a smarty pants, just sharing my opinion.

17. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, let me share a story from last year in the brazilian geek scene. The biggest geek website on Brazil is Jovem Nerd ("Young Nerd") and back in 2013 there was this smaller and upcoming site called Pink Vader, a website created for geek girls. One day, on Twitter, the founder of Pink Vader had a discussion with the founder of Jovem Nerd about feminism. Nothing much big or ugly. But soon thousands of fans of the Jovem Nerd started to flood the comments on Pink Nerd with messages like "kill yourself, you fat pig" and similar, and related authors and websites started to attack her, doxing, all that shit. And is not even like the founder of Jovem Nerd is that big of a influence on people, today he has 700k+ followers on twitter, back in 2013, probably a few hundred thousand less, and even if only a small % of those followers had gone apeshit, this is still a few thousand people! So you're saying that the attacks on NU could be the work of a loner troll, imagine what thousands can do? It's certainly not common, but is far from being a unique occurence.

18. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    Consider me enlightened XD but it still annoys me in the story gaaah

19. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    It's annoying in reality too XD

ZhaWarudo likes this.
  20. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah well far from the eyes, far from the heart, that's why unfortunately almost no one cares for the starving or other unfortunate people
    the digression is real