LCD Infinite Competitive Dungeon Society

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by UsernameJ, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can he even go to earth as a explorer? Don't you need permission? Shin controls all the earth explorers, so he could never be invited. He could only face Shin in a controlled environment like the dungeon, and like Shin said he would hardly be hindered as a person of beyond. Shin would also only need two mouths to surpass the guy as well.

And the one being blind was ultimately Loretta. She could really give a damn about anyone other than Shin. She basically keeps begging him to let his world die so he can live, or that she'll quit he job to help him.

2. dave186

dave186 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Shin want to deal with them using spies then it will become a guild war that eventualy is goin to have the same ending

And please undertand that this guy will not change his mind whatever you do to him. He was not a bully, HE WAS LEADING A FUCKING MAFIA inside the dungeon. Or what? You dont get thah he was threatening every single one to do whatever he want and used any method to get it done. Whatever method obviously included force, and yeees, I can say because before he threatened Shin in the residencial zone he also threatened Shin in the even dungeon, whithout even say anything about what he have already done to other people.
    If he was busted for what he was doing he searched for it himself, so what is there to keep complaining? Maybe you still dont get it but he literaly wiped his ass with the rules for years and keep doing it when he was in front of law enforcer. What good will be just making him do a soul contract then? The soul contract was a part of the punishment for the begining, so if it is really efective then it dont matter if he sing it in or out of the dungeon and id it the demons can break it then he is going to join them eirher way.

I have say it a lot of times alerady but its dont matter what you do he is still going to become a mortal enemy 9 out of 10 times and sorry but the last one is already taken by pre-cures. This guy is still not with the demon not because anything more that they dont have enough benefits, and that changed in the moment he was busted, and that is all there is in this problem.

SerialBeggar likes this.
  3. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Except there's no logic behind that statement. There's no reason for him to throw his entire life away to become mortal enemies with Shin if he didn't lose everything. I think he specifically said that he was planning to go after Shin because he no longer had anything to lose.

There's no reason to join the demons just to so that he can harass Shin if he still has his guild and everything. Any soul contract that you make him sign to correct his behavior is likely to stick as long as it's not something absurd. She basically turned a minor annoyance into huge enemy for little reason. Even if you want to say he deserved to be punished even Loretta admitted that she was trying to ruin the guy instead of trying to give a fair punishment.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    Overclock likes this.
  4. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahahaha! Maybe you misunderstood what I want Shin to do. I want Shin to kill the prick! Kill him, and move on with pride and dignity as a man rather than a women's boy toy. Letting a guy like that go is stupid and it was shortsighted. And since no one is really disagreeing that he'll probably reappear what Loretta did was foolish and excessive. What she did was make a enemy who won't ever forget a grudge. I wouldn't take that risk. If would bait him to come to earth and kill him, or keep him somewhere I can see him even as a rival guild, rather than an assassin stalking me from the shadows.

5. dave186

Reading List:
    Link
    You are the one with no logic in your statement. You say that he become a mortal enemy because he lost everything? that could not be more wrong. All these things where the same that he was doing to other people and still was a light punishement. He still was a guild master, still have his guild, and the most important, he still was a dungeon explorer.
    Now you come and tell me that he will back off given the chance? True, he could have, but he dont back off and intead wanted a bloody vengance and is there where is the logic of my statement. I am not the one that say that he will become a mortal enemy in the future, but he himself chose to become enemy of Shin and the moment he sufered a loss was when it change into a mortal one. What else is there to say?

Yeah, Shin should have killed him, but baiting to kill would have been too much dificult as this guy will most likely have taken the villian way and send other people to do the dirty work and come out be himself when he have no more small fryes, what in essence would be a guild war.
    The best way would have been if Shin challenged him to a duel right off the bat when they would be insede the dungeon with the admins pass and end it all in a single day. Maybe the admins will not let it be to death but a simple one will surely not be a problem, then you put enough conditions to the losser and result would have been the same as what Lorreta did, if lucky this guy will also attack Shin right after the lossing and then there use the dungeon rules to kill him.

Honestly the real problem is not about kill him or if Lorreta went overboard, but that Shin is unable to whipe his own ass.
    Anyway it would have been hard to kill him without using the dungeon, and if this guy come back latter then it would be just just another demon, so making him quite the dungeon was already pretty good, this way he at least lost all the bonuses.

6. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realize that you never explain how or why he'd become a mortal enemy right? As in you never explain why he'd risk his life or livelihood to kill Shin without Loretta's actions.

Except he didn't want a bloody vengeance until Loretta went after him. So the logic of your statement is incorrect. He wanted to comfortably bully someone. You're not even reading my post are you? Why do I say he'll back off? Not because he's a good person. Because he realizes that it's dangerous to keep doing what he's doing. That he could possibly lose everything if he keeps doing it. If you beat up someone everyday and then you learn that they bought a gun do you still go over to beat them up? No, because you don't want to get shot. It's the same.

The problem here is that Shin isn't the one who crapped in the first place. Shin looked at the issue, determined that it wasn't actually important, and moved on. Loretta then jumped in, escalated the situation, manipulated Shin into being her pawn, and then finished it. The entire event was unnecessary from Shin's point of view.

7. dave186

Reading List:
    Link
    You want a cronologic list? Fine here we go
    First Shin obtained first place, the Scorpion was angry and wanted the eye, Shin take the eyes anyway, Scorpion threatened Shin and tried to fulfill his threar, then he was punished.
    Until here all what happened were things that he brought himself up being overbearing and trying to make a dictatorship into the dungeon, for what he come out lightly thanks to the agm that supported him.
    And there start the second part where Shin apeared in the residential area and the Scorpion, angry for lossing his own game go to find him out. For what? Like political power dont work he tried to use force to fight Shin, and that dont worker either so he started threatening Shin again, this time threatening to kill Shin no less, reason for what he make himself a world enemy, but still get out lightly thanks the agm supporting him one more time.
    Is this good enough for you? Lorreta never forced this guy to come out, he come out to fight with Shin, and did it because he dont care about any rule inside of the dungeon thinking of himself as a kind of untouchable young master.
    All Lorreta did was serve as witness for the dungeon, this guy will have done the same anyway, she being there just saved time, a lot of time that is just what Shin dont need to lose. But as in many other cases Shin dont even thinked of it for a single minute until his ass was efectively wiped be someone else and even Shin said himself that 'Only after Loretta took care of the dirty work did I realize this. Really, I was wasting my intelligence stat.' See? He thinked it as unnesesary because he was not thinking anything at all.
    But even so you still keep thinking that the Scorpion only wanted to get some benefits. He dont give a shit about small change, what he wanted is to be on top and was recurring to any metod to keep being the one on top. You say that I dont read what you writed but you even readed the chapter?
    If he would have been afraid of the losses then he would have backed off after talking with Shin, but what happened? HE THREATENED THE HERO! IN FRONT OF A LAW ENFORCER!!! How that seem like someone thinking of keep what he still have? Now please tell me because I really dont undertand.

8. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I don't. I want to know the answer to a simple question. Why would he risk everything to deal with Shin if he didn't think he could get away with it? The only things even close to answering that you said is "He wants to be a dictator" and "He threatened the hero and so doesn't care about losing stuff". Does he want to be a dictator more than he wants to be a dungeon explorer? More than he wants to be a guild master? If not then would back off. He has little to gain by bothering Shin and a lot to lose. As for him threatening Shin, he was already at rock bottom in his own eyes. He didn't see himself as being able to lose anything more and so acted as he wanted to. It's an entirely different situation to if his original punishment had been different.
    Loretta created the problem in the first place. It wasn't a death feud before she decided to make an example of the guild. Shin is also being manipulated by Loretta in the situation so thinking what she wants is not surprising. So basically the punishment he was originally given put him into a death feud with Shin.

If he earned his punishment or not is a separate issue. It's still the punishment is what created the death feud. Thus it's Loretta who threw sh*t on Shin which needed to be wiped off. The fact remains that other punishments could have both stopped his actions and prevented him bothering Shin. Also unless the author changes how the dimensional travel skill works then he can't go or send anyone to Earth to bother Shin there unless he makes a friend there. There's very little he can actually do to threaten Shin. Thus Shin's thoughts on the matter of "it's not a serious issue" are perfectly valid.

9. tanyam87

tanyam87 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Loretta was doing her job as an administrator by correcting a problem that should have been corrected a long time ago. I agree she shouldn't have done it with Shin by her side in effect saying "you mess with Shin I'll take you down" but she was killing two birds with one stone. She got rid of the trash that should have been taken out long before Shin started exploring and did it in such a way as to warn others to not mess with her man.
    The scorpion guy had it coming. who knows how many worlds have already been lost due to his not letting other explorers utilize the dungeon fully. the fact that he was only now taken down because he targeted Shin is due to his own connection with an administrator. Shin just happened to have a connection to a higher level administrator. To those saying the guy is going to come back, even if he does he won't be able to do anything. The guys a MOB. He went from being platinum (around level 70) to being in the 30s once he lost his dungeon rights. even if the demon lord were to take him in the guy is too lazy to grow his own potential.
    For those comparing Shin and Ilhan, they are completely different characters. Aside from both having a ginormous work ethic to get stronger, Shin is a not particularly bright hero. A good natured soul that will always try his best to save the people around him. He's not going to think the worst of someone until that person attacks him or his. Ilhan was an anti hero, a loner always thinking about what might be and how best to avoid it, meaning kill anyone who would get in the way of the end result even if that person was an ally.
    Loretta is just letting Shin remain himself for a little while longer. Besides so long as they're in the dungeon Shin couldn't do anything to the scorpion guy anyway due to the rules, hence why the guy who broke the rules was kicked out.

Paps likes this.
  10. dave186

Reading List:
    Link
    You said it. Why would he risk everything to deal with Shin if he didn't think he could get away with it? Easy, because he think he can, and because he efectively do, because he is a young master with someone backing him, and the more important is because he thinked that he will still come out on top in the end.
    He was Shin enemy from the moment Shin taked the eyes and he have no problems with ruining someone life it that someone get in the way. What make you think that someone with that kind of personality will admit defeat? If he started a fight then he will not back off until Shin is destroyed and you are saying that they would let him go away with just a even lighter penalty when he already was given a light one because he have a admin backing him

11. Popocaptel

Popocaptel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok then. Now we're getting somewhere. He did indeed think that he could get away with things at first. So all you have to is disabuse him of that notion. Punish the administrator behind him to stop her from supporting him. Punish him in a way that stops him from doing that. Or you just let the lord kill him to end the problem at the root.

Even if he considered Shin his enemy he wasn't an enemy he'd devote his entire being to bothering. He did admit defeat by signing the soul contract instead of trying to attack Loretta or something. He's obviously not suicidal so if he's seriously threatened he'll back off. I'm saying they shouldn't have given him a punishment that directed a bunch of hate to another explorer in the first place. They should have handled it completely the first time if they thought it needed doing or thought of alternative methods of dealing with him. They shouldn't have needed to use entrapment to finish doing the job afterwards. She certainly shouldn't have manipulated Shin into being her pawn to do all this.

13. Random Refugee

Random Refugee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dungeon difficulty. Ch171 indicates that there are over 100 explorers that are level 80 or higher in the first dungeon. Yet no one has conquered floor 100 over many centuries. This suggests that there is a great increase in difficulty at some point between floors 80 and 100. Given Elaine's statement (ch166) that it would be physically impossible for even Shin to go from floor 54 to 100 in less than 200 years, it seems that the pace must drastically slow down for everyone somewhere. But that isn't enough to explain it, since some dungeon explorers are elves, who have long lifespans. So I'm guessing that some of the floor masters (floors 90 and 95?) are difficult enough to stop even long-lived explorers with a guild, evil eyes, and a god's name.

Ina's speed. Given that Shin and his dad both got achievements for speed between floors 20 and 40, and given that Ina is far faster (from floor 1 to 22 in 2 days), if Ina continues at the same pace, she should be getting some speed speed achievements in the next few days. Since Shin got Hermes' name, Ina should get one too (Mercury? Barry Allen?).

14. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dungeon difficulty- keep in mind that no one used nearly as many elixirs as shin, this is a very important matter considering the recent elixirs now provide % increase in stats ... and this is just the midway point. And we yet to have learned if the beyond dungeon has elixirs, and if so they are surely to be even more powerful. His growth will be exponential compared to other explorer's as he levels up.

Ina- There is a possibility that like awakened that cannot receive elixirs or boss equipment, she may not be able to obtain certain titles related to speed or clearing a whole floor with a single spell until she reaches a certain floor.

15. Jinnai.l

Jinnai.l The Jerkaiser, Ruler of 108th dimension,Jinny

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude this entire series is about breaking the Chinese novel stereotypes. It is pretty refreshing plus you don't know about the global crises

Paps likes this.
  16. Jinnai.l

Jinnai.l The Jerkaiser, Ruler of 108th dimension,Jinny

Reading List:
    Link
    She basically cut his leg from under him. Now he have no resource, no intel unit nor connection he can exploit he basically remove as a threat for a short period of time. If you think a he would stop at banning Revival after he know that practically do nothing, I have a serum of perpetual youth I would like to sell to you for a dime... killing him is equally bad because Shin would have to deal to an aftermath of suspect murder a dungeon. Shuna is without a choice because she turned traitor. Killing someone for a might be might be smarted but karma will still find a way to screw you.

17. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    we are about to get to beyond floor 5 so we will find out. and with the new 10 times boss fight ticket we are in for a hard-ass grind

i hope the beyond boss loot isn't useless compared to what Lin is making him

18. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Remove a small threat tempiu, but he'll come back a bigger one. Not smart and Shin could give a damn about karma.

19. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Breaking Chinese stereotypes to only fall into Japanese ones.

20. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That reminds me.. Shin said he felt skill collector will evolve if he gets all 12 slots filled. Its about time. Once he gets the twin ogre set, all he will have to do is add the crimson roar to the watch and it will be full (and he should add crimson roar now that he about to get a new set of armor from Lin).