LCD Infinite Competitive Dungeon Society

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by UsernameJ, Jun 28, 2017.

1. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought her problems were pretty reasonable.. she was a single person getting squashed by the largest adventurer organization in the dungeon, and she wasn't strong enough by herself to fix her own problems so she was stuck between a rock and a hard place. it's not like she was overly weak or anything, just blocked in on all sides by various factors preventing any movement

and the Desert Scorpion probably had enough members in the dimensional mercs that if she did go in, she would probably get kidnapped or blocked again. even if she didn't she was a necromancer, a class famous for relying on minions and summons while being almost useless on its own

2. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's probably super high level and took part in tons of event dungeons. I'm sure she could kill for some low level corpses and repel trash explorers, raise them up, capture better corpses, and repeat. And scorpion isn't the most powerful I believe, and even if they were join another S rank guild or administrative guild, she could keep going. It sounds sad, but she just didn't try hard enough.

3. Random Refugee

Random Refugee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch174. Assuming that Daisy has the dimensional travel skill, Shin can invite her to come to earth and clear the field dungeons that were left from the first set of dungeons. That should give her plenty of monster corpses to work with, since somewhere it said that entire countries (e.g., Philippines, Madagascar, and South Africa) were taken over by monsters. And Revival left those field dungeons alone.
    Exactly. Once their undead are wiped out, necromancers without combat skills can't get restarted unless they have friends to help them. (For contrast from a different story, the reason that the Hahoe mask can go solo is that he emphasized combat skills.)

4. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what that Sipuas relationship to that piece of shit is. As well as why she finds such trash as important. Also, I would hope she gets a harsh punishment. And more A words.

5. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I agree with you here. Her being completely suppressed because she has "no minions" makes no sense. She's a Beyond explorer, so she must have skills other than her core necromancy. She should be able to kill something on her own. She's gotta have at least one or two attacks to support her minions, especially for boss battles. She could easily have gone back to basics. All she need to do was solo a regular Dungeon floor, kill one critter and resurrect it to build her army up again. As she kills boss monsters, she can replace her crap minions. Why was this not an option? Did she think she was too good for the regular Dungeon now?

Overclock likes this.
  6. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree fully. She must have dark and poison spells that are super lethal, as common ability for necromancers. She probably has growth skills as well to make a normal human corpse into a fiend of death.

7. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't necromancers have a summon Undead skill most of the time too?

8. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    well, they will probably want the story to make a little bit of sense, so she will probably be a CC necro with no offense, only being able to tie down enemies or weaken them enough for her minions to take over, and not being able to kill them herself.

if we suddenly found out she was strong on her own for no decent reason it wouldn't benefit her backstory that much

9. darkmoridin

darkmoridin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't the rule that if you are on a Beyond Dungeon, you can't go back to a regular floor?

10. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Knew it. Her reason for (literally) wanting his body was less creepy than I was expecting though. I wonder what will convince her to join the guild though, and if not wearing clothes is going to be her thing going forward.

11. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking back at the requirements to qualify for becoming a Beyond Explorer:
    She's been soloing floor bosses since the first floor. She has attack skills of some sort. Even if she's only been using them lightly after specializing in necromancy, by the time she became a Beyond Explorer, those skills should still be fairly high level and should be able to easily kill a regular critter. There's no reason for her to be without minions.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure that the rule is that you can't go to the next floor until you've beaten the associated Beyond floor. If you want to repeat the same floor (or Floor Master battle) though, then that's perfectly fine.

13. darkmoridin

Reading List:
    Link
    Not trying to be a smart ass, but could someone get me a chapter quote? Because I was under the impression that once you went to a beyond floor, you were stuck with it until you defeated it. If you died, then the only floor you could return to after the ban was that floor. And she did say she couldn't defeat the 12th beyond floor. To me it implies that she can't go to any other floors, beyond or regular.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason is quality. Normal critters simply won't do. She needs something exceptional, and something exceptional requires help.

That said, she could ladder her way up with normal monsters, but that would require a world for her to operate on and neither the Book Walkers nor that idiot's country would have allowed her the time she'd need to do that. The moment she stepped foot on her world, they'd be gunning for her. Without strong military support, she wouldn't be able to defend herself long enough to ladder her way up, and at that point, they would be able to skip those steps and simply give her the corpses, which they weren't able to do, as was explained in the chapter.

Of course, with Shin's help, or the help of any other guild for that matter (which she couldn't get before due to Scorpion, as was stated) she can simply go to a different world and ladder up there. Earth is actually a very good place for her due to all the event dungeons breaking out every couple of months, and the rapid increase in the strength of those dungeons. I expect she won't like teaming up with Hwaya though. I doubt there's much left of the corpses after Hwaya is done with them.

15. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-138:

darkmoridin likes this.
  16. darkmoridin

Reading List:
    Link
    So, depending on how this is read, does this mean she can't return to the regular Dungeon if she doesn't clear her current Beyond floor? And thanks for the chapter quote.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If you go back like 1-2 chapters you'll notice Shin buying literally hundreds of tickets to fight the Floor Master multiple times each day. That wouldn't exactly be possible if he could only visit each floor once. Though, honestly, at her level, there really wouldn't be any point in going to the normal dungeon. She wouldn't really even be able to get any skill masteries out of it unless she were to try abandoning necromancy altogether.

18. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Lower down in the chapter, it says:

darkmoridin likes this.
  19. darkmoridin

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not saying he (they) can't go back to a floor, but I was saying that if she was stuck on a Beyond floor, then she is stuck at that floor and can't go to any other floor until she clears that Beyond floor.

Thank you. This clears it up for me.

20. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's why she just needs to rebuild from the start. Kill a goblin and move up from there. Like one person suggested she can probably turn a low level corpse into something better. It's the standard fighting style to kill with your monster's, resurrect the fallen enemies even stronger, and grow your army. She is the military might and it's why necromancers are feared and envied across many novels and manga. She just needs to ignore beyond till she can recreate her army back to peak, and at her level she could probably do it faster. Like I bet if Shin had to start over he can get back to where he was in no more than a year. About how, many others had given ideas. For ones could leave her world. Lucia and Shuna did, so she can definitely move to a world they don't know about for a fresh start. Heck, it's not like explorers have trackers on them and she isn't the hero well, so she isn't as restricted as Shin.