LCD Infinite Competitive Dungeon Society

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by UsernameJ, Jun 28, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You may want to read all of what I wrote as I already addressed everything in your post.

2. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    My interpretation of what Daisy said of her situation is that after she lost half her minions when the Book Walkers overwhelmed her world's Hero. Later, even though their world was lost, the rival Empire that Lodert belonged to conspired against her and Lodert wiped out the rest of her minions during a Dungeon Event Raid. She tried to rebuild her army in their world, but Lodert and his Empire's people continued to harass and kill off her minions. And within the Dungeon, Lodert's guild restricted her from buying high level critter corpses.

The thing is, I get the impression that after Daisy gave up operating at her world, she only wanted to work in Beyond. She complains about not having strong enough minions for Beyond. She doesn't mention working a regular floor. Why? If she was really desperately "underpowered", why didn't she just skip a Beyond floor and just progress to the next regular floor to pick up minions.

If she really wanted too and had the time to spare (as in spending 73 years doing nothing), she could have played a game of attrition in Beyond. Gather as many regular critters as she can in a regular floor, go to Beyond and use them to take down a couple of the Beyond floor's critters, grab them, and let herself get killed, wait a month and repeat. Once she amasses enough Beyond critters to use as her core army, then she can try to tough it out to clear the floor.

3. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And she tried to do that, but was thwarted bu the other dude. The whole process requires time, which she didn't have since the world was controlled by either the book eaters and the scorpion dude.

4. heroeric

heroeric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Monster's from the dungeon don't leave behind corpses

jacobpaige, Agame and SerialBeggar like this.
  5. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, yeah. :facepalm:
    But maybe necromancy skills have a work around. :hmm:

6. Lazy King

Lazy King Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im pretty sure dungeon monsters are impossible to make an army from. they disappear and become loot. If she wants minions she would need to go back to homeworld and hunt but i guess the excuse is she would be hunted by her fellow citizens. the only corpses Shin has were from field dungeons.
    But yes I acknowledge the author makes brilliant ideas with horrible execution. Circumstances were made just so she would suck the Main Character's wang. No matter how reliant she was in necromancy(minions should still count as solo since they are the equivalent of elementals to elementalist as to necromancer) SHE IS A BEYOND explorer, base stats alone and level should make her strong enough to take 5 minute trips corpse collecting, and soloing bosses should give her all the qualifications of a dimension mercenary, even with people in her world in all residences, going to a third dungeon for offworld trips shouldnt be that difficult, they would need people to be constantly on the look out in all dungeons to actually keep track of her and sabotage her, and she only needs few minutes offworld to just gather corpses and bail before people could report her location and get reinforcements

7. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She had 73 years I think it said. It's called incompetence when you can't solve your problems after so long.

8. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did. I just quoted yours because you listed reasons she had troubles she couldn't fix her situation.

9. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She could just go to the other two dungeons to find explorers to give her corpses. She could buy something from the floor shop to hide her identity. There's no way that his guild was so powerful that they would know every trade going down in the dungeon. This plot simply doesn't make sense unless she's an idiot. Heck she could have asked the other beyond explorer for help.

10. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She said she didn't.
    It's called depression. It can be very hard to break out of without help, and she had no one to help her.
    I considered that too. Maybe the admin guild's reach is across all dungeons though? Or possibly the best monsters the people in those dungeons could kill were too weak? Though why that would stop them from acting as middlemen for stronger explorers who wanted to help her and her world overcome a grave injustice is a bit harder to explain. Same goes for strong explorers just secretly gifting her the corpses she needed really. Honestly, I think the author just didn't think about it too deeply and didn't expect the readers to either.

11. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    They wouldn't even have to do it for free. They could get her service as a fighter for their world in exchange. There's probably not a world that would turn down a Beyond explorer. It's also not like they'd necessarily fear this guy and his guild. Luka's Hero was level 90+. They don't even really need to bring it up.

12. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks like the long term build up is for Shin's guild to be the guild of Heroes. Shin is a hero, I bet Ludia is going to be a hero too, and same for Ren and Daisy. Shin be going around to all ruined worlds to help his buddies reclaim their Heroships.

13. Lazy King

Lazy King Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i would assume summon undead in this case would be the equivalent of a tamer summoning their monsters from a storage location. No undead means no army to summon. But inability to return to homeworld or climb the dungeon without strong corpses is no excuse. Even if she doesnt want to abandon her world like Ludia. Beyond has a lot of benefits and the requirements of becoming a beyond explorer also cover up those problems. she has all dungeon residences and facilities at her disposal, even if one is closed off, others are open to her. And even if there are enemies in every residence, there is should always be time to get 1 corpse no matter how weak. the scary thing about necromancers isnt quality, it is quantity. Even if quantity is useless in Beyond. the steps required to become Beyond would allow her to travel offworld without abandoning her world. they are solo drops and we know she started beyond later than Shin in terms of floor so even without being the one to first try the wolf boss, she should have dimension travel skill from later bosses. a small army of goblins slowly grows into 1 orc, and later a small army of orcs to ogres and so on and so on, access to all markets and freedom to travel to other worlds grant that priviledge and no country no matter how widespread in terms of connections to admins and dungeon residences can stop her from taking 5 minutes in another world and bailing before any danger comes

14. Ultimatecalibur

Ultimatecalibur Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She can't go to the dungeons other than Beyond and First Dungeon. What Beyond lets her do is access all Events no matter the dungeon of the inviting group.

If she did go to an Event and was lucky enough to dodge DS (and any allied 1st dungeon guilds or subordinate lower dungeon guilds), it is unlikely that she would be able to contribute enough without her undead forces to lay claim to the corpses.
    All a large guild would need is to have rotating shifts of one or more people watching the corpse section of the residential area's market boards/auction houses.

She needs A+ rank Boss corpses to proceed and those were likely the easiest sort of things to watch for when you have a massive guild.
    And if they are unwilling (which has been implied)?

15. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    What I mean by going to the other dungeons is going to the residential areas of the other dungeons. I believe it's implied that there are different administration guilds in different dungeons so even if there are lesser guilds in the lesser dungeons they likely haven't been bribed. The point of going there would be to make contract with other explorers and buy bodies from them.
    She could directly approach explorers and buy corpses directly from their hands instead of buying from a market place or auction house. I thought that was obviously what I meant.

16. darkmoridin

darkmoridin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. She can't go to any regular dungeons until she gets past her current Beyond Floor.
    2. She can't travel to other worlds unless there is a request, in which DS is already there to block her from getting corpses that she needs.
    3. Unable to go to other dungeons to get superior monsters/ or unable to shop there because of crooked guild.
    4. Depression causes her to stop trying to get past the blockade made by DS (remember, they sent a warning to Shin to not get involved with her, makes sense they told others the same thing.
    5.Going to her own past world is futile (already said by her).
    6. Dungeon monsters don't leave corpses.
    If anyone can find chapters that refute these, then please quote relevant chapters, please.

17. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    It should be possible for Daisy to get more corpses via being a dimensional mercenary. There are items that hide your identity and she should have other abilities that are not necromaniac.

18. Ultimatecalibur

Ultimatecalibur Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She likely only has access to First (her original residential area) and Beyond's. Even if she could, 2nd and 3rd likely have either fairly powerful guilds that are subordinates of Desert Scorpion or a large number of 2nd and 3rd dungeon explorers with access to the residential area. Using Sipua's authority wasn't the only way they had of making her life hell.

19. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it is unlikely. Shin is the only "fool" who doesn't dissect up his monster corpses to be turned into profitable materials for sale. Other dungeon explorers would probably have carved up the monsters they killed into pieces so small, it would take years to put them all back together. If those pieces haven't been sold off in the first place yet.

20. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    1. We know that Beyond explorers can go to any residential area.

2. We know there are items sold at the shop to hide your identity.

3. If they don't have Sipua's authority then she can easily tell the local admins on them.
    She can just reserve a corpse in advance. Make contact with an explorer and have them sell her monster bodies. It's not difficult. Basically unless they have some sort of soul tracer on her it makes no sense that they'd be able to really control her.