Iphone Safari Reader View Help

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Kikiji, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Kikiji

Kikiji May or may not be here

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really sure if this belongs in the Tech Discussion part of the forums but I guess someone would tell me if it isn't.

So when I'm reading a novel with extremely short chapters like Genius Doctor: Black Belly Miss, it gets incredibly irritating when I have to hit the next chapter button, wait for the page to load, and then wait for the Reader View to load again and again within a short time period. Sure, waiting ten seconds between every few paragraphs- otherwise known as 'chapters'- doesn't seem like much but when the tensions high and the climax is here, those ten seconds (which can be even longer when my wifi's slow) ruin the mood. Thankfully, the Reader View conveniently loads multiple pages at the same time, letting me read consecutive chapters even if they aren't on the same page. For example, I'm on Chapter 4's page. I switch on the Reader and by the time I get to the end of the text, it's already loaded Chapter 5, 6, 7, etc etc. I'm not sure what triggers it, because this doesn't happen every time I use Reader View, though the chance that it occurs consequently during a period of time is high. Whenever it doesn't activate though, reading extremely short chapters like that is really inconvenient. So does anyone know how to trigger this?

(By the way, reading on my computer doesn't make reading it a much better experience since again, very short chapters and slow wifi, not to mention the inconvenience of carrying my laptop around everywhere I go.)

2. koddychi

koddychi [RPG slayer] [Great Sage] [Dao of Cuteness]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is a site side thing
    I read The legend of sun knight in reader view and it always loaded the next chapter when i was reading the current one but on other sites this function was not triggered

3. Kikiji

Kikiji May or may not be here

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, this doesn't seem to be triggered depending on the site.

4. thedorkishguy

thedorkishguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. nellsonju

nellsonju New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx, this help me.