Discussion Is Final Fantasy 15 any good

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by kingofshadows622, Jan 4, 2017.

1. psyque

psyque Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have recently finished my first play-through and begun a NewGame+.
    I have mixed feelings about the game. I've played almost all of the other titles in the franchise, and I think that this game ranks in the middle of all of them.
    But I like it enough to play through a second time.
    I'm especially interested in the rumored future content planned. The open-world is beautiful,a true work of art, and I really enjoy exploring it.
    Free DLC has already been released, including a holiday-themed festival full of mini-games and rewards.
    There may be a future plan to open the world for creation of unique characters and multi-player content.
    I am disappointed with the story. It has many great elements, but I found the NPC stories and development more interesting, and more seamlessly developed, than the main plot.I preferred the stories in FFVII, FFX, and FFXII to this one.
    I hope you find what you're looking for!

2. SeraphGate

SeraphGate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the game was pretty fun, and the ending made feel a variety of emotions.

The plot could have been much better, and the combat was a little too simplistic for my taste. The length of the game was kinda disappointing as well. But there are enough emotional moments, and cool fights to keep you interested until the end, even if you end up feeling a little disappointed.

3. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer the turn-based fighting system. That means I don't like it.

4. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Free roam was fun.
    Main story could've been better.

5. Omnifarious

Omnifarious Re: member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dat fishing tho
    [​IMG]

6. udonsage

udonsage [Underpaid Software Developer] [Lazy Novelist]

Reading List:
    Link
    My reason for playing any video game is that it has to have either a really, really good story or a solid game-play experience. For Final Fantasy 15, I felt like it was good and bad in both departments.

For one, the story is very boring at the beginning of the game. Additionally, there are side-quests such as helping someone by the side of the road that doesn't really add value to the game story and feels often repetitive to accomplish. Finally, there is lots of space to explore in the game yet it doesn't really feel like there is a great need to explore that space unless you simply like looking at things.

Moving along to the battle system, it feels okay. A lot of the times the battles felt easy when fighting enemies around the same level as you but only get tougher if you fight difficult enemies, even then it feels more of a chore rather than a challenge fun. Furthermore, the actions you do in combat feels mostly semi-automatic and doesn't feel like you have complete control. The system kind of reminds me of similar feelings I had when I played the kingdom hearts series games.

Now, what I think was novel about the game is probably not what most people would care about. For instance, in order to level up in the game you have to sleep at a camp, and then you level up the character. This to me felt interesting since it actually give players a good reason to have their characters sleep at rest area. Moving along, the grid system they have in place for leveling up is good in certain aspects but because the enemies don't feel largely that difficult to begin with, there is probably not much you would actually need to level up to beat the game. Finally, it is nice to see food in the game be good to consume since it boosts your overall attack,hp, or experience points.

Other than the above mention points, like always the music and graphics are fantastic but are often overshadow by other mechanics that make the game not fun but average in quality.

In conclusion, FF 15 has great music and graphics but other than that it felt like it was missing that special something to make it stand out compared to other action jrpgs that have been released in the market. If I had to rate the game, I would rate it a 3.5 out of 5.

7. Lestari

Lestari [✿Reader✿] p(^-^q) [♡Anime♡]

Reading List:
    Link
    no happy ending
    well some people still hopping, someday they will insert new ending (happy).

8. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    I Like the combat.. Action ones.. not the story...

9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I've played it a small bit on a friend's house and saw a bit of gameplay footages.

The combat seems terrible to me, too simplistic, and it doesn't help that it doesn't look one bit like any JRPG I've ever played... No tactic involved, basically an action RPG, but... With a simplistic system.

Also seemed to be way too easy for any of the fights... Maybe bosses are more interesting since I haven't really seem the fights against them, but the random battles seem more like a chore than anything else... Kinda annoying IMO.

I wouldn't recommend buying it overall, but again, I don't really own the game, so I don't know anything about the story for example.

... Having 4 male characters was a huge bummer for me though, it's a bit of a nitpick, but it annoyed me a lot, was one of the things that turned me against it from the very beginning...

10. marine1corps

marine1corps Invisible to all Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Its an unfinished game in my honest opinion. Probably because they were on a deadline they had to release early.

There are updates coming along fix these including extra story content about each character but guess what? DLC! (Wooooo....)

I would wait for the price to go down further and all the missing content is put in before purchasing.

11. Vudoodude

Vudoodude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Story 6/10 - Very basic story with many flaws and holes...it's highly criticized compared to other FF games. I honestly feel this story is basic as hell and have many problems with many points, whether it is the premise, the
    needless death
    , the way they MC acts (or how the "bodyguard" thinks the MC acts), all the way to the final boss. The story overall even seemed needless short (with the majority of the game fluffed up by side-quests) and the
    time skip at the end is pointless

Combat 8/10 - I actually liked the combat in this game, but it's not without flaws. Turn-based games are okay, but you need a complex skill/stat/job system to go with it, otherwise all you're doing is grinding levels and steamrolling enemies. The action style combat in FF15 requires some skill and tactic, and the warping around ability is a good point. With that said, it needs a bit more realistic flinching/combo-ing (integrate skills better) of enemies, a bit more variety with the combat styles, and a higher pace/faster combat wouldn't hurt (but that's my opinion). In the end, the weapons all feel the same, slow melee, fast melee, range, and all you end up doing is spamming attacks and skills.

Exploration 7/10 - this is where the game actually suffered quite a bit. I would've given it a lower score because most dungeons are basic as hell, but Costlemark Tower saved it a bit. The 3d cube maze was a nice touch with boss gauntlet, but they didn't utilize the warp ability! They could have done SO MUCH with the warp ability, making great puzzles and complex dungeons! The world itself is FF-ish, nothing to complain about, but the driving and flying is terrible. In the end, you begin fast travelling EVERYWHERE because the exploration becomes a hassle.

Ambience 9/10 - Great graphics, great ambience, what can you say. It really feels like a real world with its own culture and taste. The foods and camping was a nice touch.

Graphics 9/10 - Really good, no obvious glitches or problems in my playthrough, people look pretty damn realistic, monsters look cool, but could have gone fantasy route with monsters more.

Soundtrack 7/10 - Didn't really care for it, usually the later final fantasies have musics and OST that I enjoy listening too, not really in this one. Nothing bad, but nothing outstanding.