Discussion Is it just me that likes reverse harems??

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Kuchi66, Apr 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kuchi66

Kuchi66 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason I f-ing hate male protagonist with harems to the soul. Literally, that would be my Dao. The Dao of wanting to kill male protagonist with harems. But when I read girls that have a reverse harem, I don't feel that way, and instead like it a lot... At first I thought I just hated harem (all). But ever since I started reading these reverse harem stories, my minds changed. I still f-ing hate male protagonist harems (I put an emphasis on this.) Do any of you think the same?

Edit: I actually use to really love harem 3-4 years back..

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Aizael

Aizael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. I don't care if they have a harem or not.

Gitami likes this.
  3. porkbuns

porkbuns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, for some reason, reserve harem don't seem to be as bad as harems; it's probably the perverse attitude of most male MCs with harems :p

Lord Meh Meh likes this.
  4. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. I'm just not a big fan of harem, MC gender doesn't matter

5. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    I can usually only imagine male harems since if they are all getting married then there has to be an orgy at some point and if there is over 3 male lovers it just gets gay. similarly in a normal harem the girls are assumed to be bisexual

6. Avagantimos

Avagantimos Chosen Undead|Bearer of the Curse|Ashen One

Reading List:
    Link
    The only one I've seen is OHSHC. I don't know why but that is the only one I'm willing to watch/read.

7. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    it's called double standards or hypocritical which is fine.

8. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    I normally prefer no harem or a relationship of few that deepens instead of being on a search for more.

Gender does not matter for me much when it comes to harems

9. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    What about a guy with a reverse harem?

10. MH2

MH2 [Former Child]

Reading List:
    Link
    Easy
    Usually normal harems are perverted and try to accommodate alot of fetishes
    While reverse harem are........... less perverted generally and I guess because girls prefer an emotional bond more than a physical one so there are less perverted scenes and more heartwarming ones like hugging and stuff idk

admira and Lord Meh Meh like this.
  11. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup it's definitely just you! And maybe a few other people. Just one or two. No more than that~

12. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is like racism, there is no such thing as reverse, is just male harem or female harem. Should have to be like those sexless MCs that have whole friendzone harem, for it to be called a reverse harem, since at that point you have negative harem points, resulting in unaffiliated women being removed from consideration by your totally non-romantic harem.

Edit: the situation described by the comment under this, would also count, I think.

asriu likes this.
  13. Sansome

Sansome A Kind and Honest Villager X

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember there was a manga that mc(male) actually got chased by lot of boys because he is fucking too cute! The story is about mc tried to live normally but he can't.... whenever he performs as kabuki-cho he got new harem member..

CountryMage likes this.
  14. admira

admira Dino Pirate

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, it's the level of toolishness. Harems rely on fanservice (smexy girls who hit on the various fetishes). Reverse harems still rely on bishounen (or biseinen) but are a bit more focused on the harem members winning the lady without going batshit yandere.

Harem catfghts are the worst. Reverse harem catfights (?) are more like cold wars, they get an eyeroll from me but then I move on.

15. gangsar1998

gangsar1998 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverse harem....uh...orgy...they are using all girl 4 hole?

16. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    You reading very limited stories then, if you read totally cute and fluffy stories like this, you will find several male yandere characters, who would totally kill the other love rivals off screen.

17. admira

admira Dino Pirate

Reading List:
    Link
    That one didn't quite do it for me. Although, I suppose that is an excellent example of yandere reverse harem.

18. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Like, I just can't see how a group of dudes, could be genuinely in love with one woman and agree to share her. Also, people are saying how it's less perverted but, for one woman to be in a relationship with multiple men, the sex involved is by far for nasty than regular harems.

Unless you get into the straight up perverted harems, which I don't think we're talking about. (I think, I know most on this site with genuine harems are like that, but I'm talking about actual harems that aren't just about sex.)

Anyway, before this get's blown up into some debate about right and wrong, double standards and all that mess; both are creepy in their own ways. I feel bad for the girls in regular harems because, no matter how awesome and loving a guy can be, he'll never give you all of his attention. You could be the most beautiful and bad ass woman to exist but, when he's got 2 other women to "love," you're just his "favorite."

As for the reverse, look, I'm trying my hardest to actually picture how this is better than regular harems. But honestly, I can't. At best, it could be said they spend more time going deeper into the drama and the relationship itself. But otherwise, just because it isn't only about sex and conquering women, it doesn't make it any better. At the end of the day, it's still a harem. just instead of one dude using his master key to unlock many doors, it's one keylock being unlocked with many different keys.

19. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not impossible for a group of dudes to share a woman. There have been cultures of peoples in the past where this was a thing. It's just that atm the idea of "marriage for love" as opposed to "loving because of marriage" as been the predominant driving force originating from historically recent Western culture that's spreading through the world.

But yea, generally harems aren't written or explained very well and when you add to that the clash of cultural expectations, it's a bit embarrassing to read.

20. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I never said it was impossible. I just said I don't see how a group of dudes, (and I guess men would be a better way to phrase it since I'm trying to showcase what I think a normal grown man would feel,) could actually be willing to share a woman they love.

Anyway, I know there have been instances where what your talking about has happened. Those women just like men were in an influential position in their country and culture, where it was okay for harems to exist. But I'm talking about how like in most novels on this site, it wasn't a harem simply because they could. Take LLS! For example, he had an arranged marriage in a society where it's okay to have a harem, but it was broken off and later they genuinely fall in love with each other.

I'm not saying it's impossible because just like women are willing to share their husband and become the "first wife," I'm sure there are guys in a genuine romance with one woman. It's kinda like swinging, and that disgusts me.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017